Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2933658)   #426
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Which one was that?
The one quoted in the post of mine that you quoted.

I posted it again in my last post for you, but again, here is the post that I originally quoted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Oh I know. And yet the working class lap it up.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2933660)   #427
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
The one quoted in the post of mine that you quoted.

I posted it again in my last post for you, but again, here is the post that I originally quoted:
I'm confused; all I said was, "When did social class have anything to do with this?". Read my post 422.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2933661)   #428
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
sniper calm down. You're making yourself look all working class!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2933666)   #429
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
I'm confused; all I said was, "When did social class have anything to do with this?". Read my post 422.
Fair enough, I feel embarrassed. Put me out of my misery though, when you refer to "this" is your sentence, what subject are you referring to? Obviously nothing to do with Knowlesy post on Sky Sports News/the viewing habits of the working classes, but I seem to have missed what "this" subject is that you're taking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
sniper calm down. You're making yourself look all working class!
I'm perfectly calm, I'm just sorry that I made the mistake of crossing a member of the 10 Tenths clique.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2933668)   #430
AMP Marshal
Racer

Canada
Nova Scotia
AMP Marshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know you from Adam Sniper, but love the signature. I remember that incident, poor guy, lousy way to make the history books, for him that is.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2933678)   #431
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Fair enough, I feel embarrassed. Put me out of my misery though, when you refer to "this" is your sentence, what subject are you referring to? Obviously nothing to do with Knowlesy post on Sky Sports News/the viewing habits of the working classes, but I seem to have missed what "this" subject is that you're taking about.

I'm perfectly calm, I'm just sorry that I made the mistake of crossing a member of the 10 Tenths clique.
Whatever, enjoy the Hungarian GP.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2933685)   #432
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British viewers have had it good for along time, plenty of other countries have to pony up for coverage.
In Japan, its on pay TV - only one race - the Japanese GP is live. And the overall Fuji TV package is sadly pathetic compared to what the current BBC team are offering.
Being cable hasn't stopped the Japanese being rabid F1 fans, you do what you gotta do to watch, which is why I love torrents :-)
Old 31 Jul 2011, 01:38 (Ref:2933686)   #433
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP Marshal View Post
Don't know you from Adam Sniper, but love the signature. I remember that incident, poor guy, lousy way to make the history books, for him that is.
Thanks.

Quote:
Whatever, enjoy the Hungarian GP.
Well, thanks. I suppose what you were referring to will just have to remain a mystery to me... I'm not entirely sure why you got involved though if your point wasn't relevant to what I was saying, or relevant to the statement that Knowlesy originally made that I had quoted, whether it was sarcastic or not. Oh well.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2933688)   #434
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Thanks.

Well, thanks. I suppose what you were referring to will just have to remain a mystery to me... I'm not entirely sure why you got involved though if your point wasn't relevant to what I was saying, or relevant to the statement that Knowlesy originally made that I had quoted, whether it was sarcastic or not. Oh well.
Enjoy the race, .
Old 31 Jul 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2933756)   #435
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP Marshal View Post
I've read the first 22 pages of this thread, so I get the gist of it. Bernie is to Formula 1, what Al Davis is to the NFL Was useful, but not useful anymore. Money hungry and if I do suspect, now suffering from Alzheimer's disease in 1 degree or another. ...:
The outcome may well have been a lot worse if this was coordinated purely by the investment company that runs F1. They would be even more likely to chase short term gain. Bernie doesn't get the cash from this.

The impetetus seems to have come from the BBC, but Bernie realised a good compromise when he sees one.

To donate to a worthy charity go to http://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/ It is a particularly good charity too as it thinks about the long term picture, not just the short term.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 08:09 (Ref:2933760)   #436
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh behave sniper. You take me far too seriously.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Now, back to topic. I hate Sky etc...
Old 31 Jul 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2933774)   #437
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather eat my own vomit then watch anything on "pay TV" particularly some bias dramatised right wing lowest possible common denominator crap the Murdochs have anything to do with.

I use to be envious of the UK coverage of F1, thank god I moved back to Oz, least we now have free to air "One". At least at the moment.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2933806)   #438
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I've gotta get my hate on.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2933820)   #439
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post

They cant afford it any longer..
And that is the fault of one Bernie Ecclestone. He has raped the sport dry because he charges such extortionate fees.

Of course, the BBC could have cut down on free practice etc and the forum. Crap like BBC3 will probably still continue.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2933840)   #440
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
And that is the fault of one Bernie Ecclestone. He has raped the sport dry because he charges such extortionate fees.

Of course, the BBC could have cut down on free practice etc and the forum. Crap like BBC3 will probably still continue.
Prcatice And the forum doesn't really cost much, it is the rights that cost the significant peroration of the outlay.

Ah, so they should cut down on what you don't like. That misses the point of the BBC. It is funded the way it is to provide a wide range of programmes for everyone, including those who have interests that aren't commercially viable. So you'll like some you won't like others.

This got a regular F1 coverage on our screens in the 80s. Now it is commercially viable.
It is also why the BBC generally has a higher quality. The highest quality is not commercially viable. You only need to have enough quality to please the majority, after then it costs too much.

Most of what the BBC broadcasts isn't to my liking, but then I can't physically watch most of it. I will always argue for those minority programmes and channels even if I don't need Radio 1X or songs of praise or radio 3 or whatever...

And I am accused of selfishness! Not by you Born Racer, I hasten to add
Old 31 Jul 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2933844)   #441
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That misses the point of the BBC. It is funded the way it is to provide a wide range of programmes for everyone, including those who have interests that aren't commercially viable. So you'll like some you won't like others.
True; it's just that I can respect most of what the BBC does but BBC3 is (mostly) awful, the last time I looked.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2933846)   #442
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The mighty boosh was on BBC3 first - my niece and nephew watch it and then let me know what is good.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2933863)   #443
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber - Another person in F1 I love and says "As it is" !!

When Ted Kravitz asked him what he and Bernie were talking about, he said "Sky" - I mean the sky !!!!!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2933865)   #444
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Amusing. But it certainly wasn't as it is - he admitted to making it up
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2933868)   #445
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True in this case but still very funny and typical of an Aussie who is not frightened what to say.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2933875)   #446
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Alan Jones is back!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2933884)   #447
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Absolutely
Old 31 Jul 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2933885)   #448
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Alan Jones is back!
AJ ok!
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2933964)   #449
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkingjedi View Post
British viewers have had it good for along time, plenty of other countries have to pony up for coverage.
In Japan, its on pay TV - only one race - the Japanese GP is live. And the overall Fuji TV package is sadly pathetic compared to what the current BBC team are offering.
Being cable hasn't stopped the Japanese being rabid F1 fans, you do what you gotta do to watch, which is why I love torrents :-)
I wonder how much they have to pay?

Apparently, if I were to subscribe to Sky to watch this, for 12 months of Sky Sports, as a new user it will cost £487, if I want to see the action in standard definition.

To watch every race in HD next year then its £610.

Well Rupert and Bernie will not be getting any of my cash!

Steve McQueen.
Old 31 Jul 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2933972)   #450
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
I wonder how much they have to pay?

Apparently, if I were to subscribe to Sky to watch this, for 12 months of Sky Sports, as a new user it will cost £487, if I want to see the action in standard definition.

To watch every race in HD next year then its £610.

Well Rupert and Bernie will not be getting any of my cash!

That is what I pay in $.....
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky