Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Oct 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2316071)   #1
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
ING in trouble, what happens with Renault?

Just on the news in Holland, INg bank is in financial trouble and have requested gouvernment support.
Surely that would mean the end as sponsor in F1?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 18:23 (Ref:2316074)   #2
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would certainly be the case if its true as goverment help will not go towards sopnsership of this nature.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2316095)   #3
Icebaby
Veteran

Are Renault not getting Santander sponsership if Alonso stays at Renault or is this a 2010 option as they signed for 3 years with Mclaren?.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2316099)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Are Renault not getting Santander sponsership if Alonso stays at Renault or is this a 2010 option as they signed for 3 years with Mclaren?.
Haven't heard that, but have heard that Santander will be going to Ferrari with Fernando as driving for the team.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2316110)   #5
Icebaby
Veteran

I just thought the plan was for Santandar to hook up with Alonso again where ever he may be so nothing official.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2316121)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sod F1, what about my savings?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2316133)   #7
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Funny this, but last year my local Santander bank manager in Spain advised us not to invest in ING, but wouldn't go into details.
What did he know then ? I don't think it was just sour grapes !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2316135)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Red Renault? Doesn't really work for me I suppose it's better than shade d'carrot vomit and blue.

Santander haven't been mentioned with Alonso's Renault/Honda drive, just footing his potential Ferrari pay-cheque. Sponsoring a high probability champion in a Ferrari's worth a lot to Santander.

So we stray off point. If Renault lose ING, they'll need someone else quite obviously

I'm sure they'll crawl around and hope for a Telefonica return perhaps - don't forget, they couldn't follow Fernando to McLaren because of Vodafone.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2316139)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Renault in an Elf colour scheme

Or we could go back to the 1970s ... in these corporate days I don't think anyone would have the balls to have Durex plastered over the cars ... or have one's logo next to it!
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2316141)   #10
Olive
Rookie

United Kingdom
Olive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine they'll stop the sponsorship. They still need to advertise, whoever owns them. How many of us had heard of ING before they got into F1?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2316160)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never knew it before, and I still don't know what exactly they do, a beer brand ?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2316164)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry, please delete. I wasn't funny.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 20:49 (Ref:2316189)   #13
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive
How many of us had heard of ING before they got into F1?
I had.

They had that advert with the lifebelt. Quite ironic now, of course.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2316229)   #14
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the sponsorship scheme will now change to the Dutch Treasury logo/colours?
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:30 (Ref:2316231)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
and Jos the Boss will make a comeback.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2316238)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And, in turn, our very own steve nielsen!

Renault are doomed I tells yer!
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2316241)   #17
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
Just on the news in Holland, INg bank is in financial trouble and have requested gouvernment support.
Surely that would mean the end as sponsor in F1?
It's not really that different a position to Williams with RBS (now with a percentage owned by the UK Government) on the Engine cover.

It would still have to have an advertising budget, assuming the Dutch government don't shut it down.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 21:51 (Ref:2316251)   #18
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I never knew it before, and I still don't know what exactly they do, a beer brand ?
Its a "branchless" direct high interest savings account company.
Just the business to be in at the moment, I suppose the investors have been watching their money going round the F1 tracks
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Oct 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2316283)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's lookING like ING are goING to be leavING F1.

The shareholders and the government won't spend any unnecessary cash on F1.

Jos back in F1! ****ING HELL!
Old 20 Oct 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2316292)   #20
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ING is an investment bank with branchless savings deposits through ATM and internet access and an international insurance bank. The 10 billion euro "investment" is intended to be a temporary loan with the Dutch govt taking over 8.5% of the company. However, the loan is supposed to keep ING operating as usual and is not a true bailout. Doubt it would impact the sponsorship budget as it's a good way to increase the investment potential to repay the "loan" and they will now be the sponsor of 3 F1 events as well, Australia 09, Spa 09 and Hungary (not sure when it ends).
Old 20 Oct 2008, 02:02 (Ref:2316332)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Crikey. I would've thought my car insurance alone would've assured ING of stable profits! Mind you, the insurance side is apparently a distinct company. I cannot help but think one will be affected by the other, though.

I think I better start looking around at other companies.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2316569)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A small article about the ING thING.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=36376
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2317407)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry about Jos, Nelsinho is half-Dutch.

Unfortunately, all the banks are in danger at the moment, and what appeared to be solid reliable sponsors may not be. With less companies willing to invest large sums of money into advertising, and Renault traditionally less enthusiastic about spending money in F1 than some other companies, it could ahve an effect on their future commitment if a 2009 championship attack with Alonso doesn't work out well.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2317426)   #24
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 10 billion is a loan that will be paid back with interest to the government, nothing like what happened in Iceland with their banks and with Fortis where the government took over the companies.

For your information, ING made a 9+ billion profit in 2007 and including the Q3 results (of -500 million) they have still made a 3 billion profit so far this year.

Dutch government has said they only invest in healthy companies that they are sure will survive.

So far there is nothing that hints at pulling out of the F1 deal, last week they even confirmed the deal will run through 2009 and could be extended for 2010-2012.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2317437)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger

So far there is nothing that hints at pulling out of the F1 deal, last week they even confirmed the deal will run through 2009 and could be extended for 2010-2012.
I'm not so sure that all Dutch tax payers will be glad to hear that.