Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 31 May 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3412964)   #51
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Just a little off-topic: How many tourists outside US there are on Belle Isle if any? From European point of view, I couldn't even consider Detroit as a travel destination. Though I've heard the downtown area is quite ok during sports events but otherwise...
If you ever consider going to detroit. Don't bring your own car...It won't be yours for long. Their is car theft where you are relieved of your vehicle while you are in the comfort of your bedroom and then there is car-jacking where they relieve you of your car...in your face...
Old 31 May 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3412965)   #52
PatrickB
Rookie

Canada
Nanaimo BC
PatrickB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disraeli Eers View Post
Also it looks like Mazda is back down on speed. I wonder if they rolled their engines back down after the success they had at Laguna with both speed and reliability.
I would guess that there running the same set up. The fast,sweeping natural terrain of Laguna just favoured the underpowered Mazda P2 more than a street course.
Old 31 May 2014, 02:48 (Ref:3412996)   #53
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disraeli Eers View Post
Interesting results for qualifying. I'm glad it's DP P2 swapping down the line.

It just hit me that there are only 3 P2s now. For some reason I was thinking we had more. Man I'd love to see Muscle Milk mixing it up still.

I'm excited. I'm not a fan of sports cars on street courses but this could be fun.

Every race has been seen improvement in at least 1 area from IMSA I think. Hopefully this will be no exception.

Also it looks like Mazda is back down on speed. I wonder if they rolled their engines back down after the success they had at Laguna with both speed and reliability.
So what are the Mazdas if they are not P-2s? ESM-2, Oak-1 and Mazda-2 adds up to 5.

L.P.
Old 31 May 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3412999)   #54
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Technically, you are correct, but for all we get to see of them and their "competitiveness", they are practically non-existent at their current state of development.

I am looking forward to Starworks, I think it is, coming along with the new Ligier JS P2 at some point here.
Old 31 May 2014, 03:38 (Ref:3413005)   #55
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually they are not "P2," they are P2 chassis with TUSC Prototype motors. If they had real P2 motors ... they'd be competitive.
Old 31 May 2014, 04:20 (Ref:3413012)   #56
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Actually they are not "P2," they are P2 chassis with TUSC Prototype motors.
Please elaborate.
Old 31 May 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3413020)   #57
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think he means that, under current ACO LMP2 rules, he doesn't think that the Mazda engine they're using would actually be legal.

In regards to the nature of the Belle Isle course, I would have to say it is at least as much a "parkland circuit" as it is a "street circuit" in terms of many of its characteristics. Honestly, I would bet that if you removed most of the painted road lines, many more people would call Belle Isle a parkland circuit. Conversely, I'd bet that if you added road lines to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, quite a few more people would call it a street circuit.

Also, I have to chuckle at least a little when I hear complaints about Sportscars on street circuits, considering that more than half of Le Mans itself is composed of public roads, and they're only two-lane country highways at that, not big, wide boulevards or avenues.
Old 31 May 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3413170)   #58
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You never hear me complaining of sportscars on street circuits, I LOVE them. Too bad outside North America they are very rarely utilized

I've kinda fallen out of the US scene since the start of the United Tudor Sports Car Championship and not really followed things anymore, sadly, but what amazes me is what Dagys also pointed out... six Daytona Prototypes on the grid, are we nearing all time lows for that format?
Old 31 May 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3413172)   #59
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm kinda hoping they're "forget" to geoblock the stream so the in the US can see the race of a US series live.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3413184)   #60
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Actually they are not "P2," they are P2 chassis with TUSC Prototype motors. If they had real P2 motors ... they'd be competitive.
While the engine is yet to be ACO homologated, it is not expressly forbidden. It is only not allowed because it is not listed, yet there is an (as to this point) undefined turbo diesel engine category in the ACO's P-2 rules. It IS a TUSC P-2 derived Prototype, period!

L.P.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3413187)   #61
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I've kinda fallen out of the US scene since the start of the United Tudor Sports Car Championship and not really followed things anymore, sadly, but what amazes me is what Dagys also pointed out... six Daytona Prototypes on the grid, are we nearing all time lows for that format?
First year had only four full-season. High point would probably have been 2006 with over two dozen. Pickett finished 21st out of 27 at Laguna in his DP that year, and 17th out of 25 at Sears Point. Then he quit because they...er...DPs were too slow.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:33 (Ref:3413188)   #62
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pre-race show is rolling but sound is muted.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3413190)   #63
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have two broadcasts listed and the 2nd one has sound, but keeps buffering.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3413197)   #64
blankfile
Racer

blankfile should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.co.../index800.html

works fine for me
Old 31 May 2014, 16:15 (Ref:3413203)   #65
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
thanks for the link, thought I might have to wait 'til tomorrow. Interesting start, shows Scott Speed's ever-dwindling abilities. That ESM car would be devastating if they put JvO and RD in the same lineup.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:22 (Ref:3413204)   #66
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stream died ... anything else?
Old 31 May 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3413206)   #67
blankfile
Racer

wow ganassi being retarded much? what a dangerous situation they just made...
Old 31 May 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3413207)   #68
Maelochs
Veteran

I cannot believe how much suction MRN radio generates---five solid minutes of commercials and no word on the race.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3413209)   #69
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had Hola working with the IMSA.com stream, then it died. Around that same time someone in France posted a pic of the geoblocked splash screen even though the stream was created for Europe. Now I'm watching the crappy Motors stream.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:54 (Ref:3413224)   #70
Maelochs
Veteran

Only motors stream I could find was non-stop pop-ups and voice-over ads --- couldn't watch it.
Old 31 May 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3413225)   #71
Cheyne
Racer

United States
Warrenton, VA
Cheyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only motors stream I could find was non-stop pop-ups and voice-over ads --- couldn't watch it.
I'm watching on vipboxus.co, but I have Ad Blocker turned on in Chrome and there are not popups or voice over ads.

Cheyne
Old 31 May 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3413228)   #72
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
really looking forward to the rest of this GTD race!
Old 31 May 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3413229)   #73
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Stream died ... anything else?
they are showing that thing called nascar now from FoxSports... oh hell!!!
Old 31 May 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3413233)   #74
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Fox Sports 1 coverage of the race doesn't actually start until 1:30 EDT. Before that it's NASCAR Cup final practice from Dover.

Essentially, FS1's coverage is same day tape, showing the whole race on a half hour delay.
Old 31 May 2014, 17:02 (Ref:3413234)   #75
blankfile
Racer

my stream still works fine :O

weird caution this, is it for tire barriers or something?