Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race in China?
Sebastian Vettel 97 71.85%
Mark Webber 15 11.11%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Rubens Barrichello 0 0%
Heikki Kovalainen 1 0.74%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 13 9.63%
Adrian Sutil 8 5.93%
Other 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2444453)   #1
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Driver of the Race - China GP 2009

And Webber could actually be a genuine candidate this time...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2444457)   #2
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suspect this will be somewhat one-sided.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2444458)   #3
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
So could Bernd Mayländer

I'm voting for Vettel. Super cool in qualifying yesterday, handled the pressure brilliantly, and drove a faultless race in less than ideal conditions to secure Red Bull's maiden victory
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2444460)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel. Class of the field all weekend.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2444464)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I should add, I've gone for Vettel - nobody else ever looked like winning today. I have to mention Buemi, though, who for the most part drove very well.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2444469)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've plumped for Buemi, despite his collision with Vettel.

It was out of Vettel, Buemi and Sutil for me, but Sutil went out of the equation when he went off, I'm afraid. I know you could say to count Buemi out for his incident; however, this guy is a newcomer and is making Bourdais look average (perhaps Bourdais just is average for an F1 driver).
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2444476)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was Vettel, Sutil, Webber, Buemi. Sutil dropped it, Buemi really is showing well but made a mistake and sadly Mark was out raced today, even though his performance was pretty damned good too. Vettel just did everything right.

(I'm basing this upon the live timing because I have no tv in the office!)
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2444478)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I have to go for Vettel.

There were others who did a thoroughly decent job, but I do think he was in a class of his own today.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2444481)   #9
Duffers917K
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Duffers917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd vote for Massa if he was on there, people don't stop going on about Silverstone last year whenever it rains as if it's the only wet GP he's ever done. He stormed up to third today, only to be once again let done by his car's reliability.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2444482)   #10
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
vettel for obvious reasons!

would have plumped for buemi if he hadnt tapped vettel but i can understand the difficulty and the problems which led to that. he showed maturity in his overtaking moves against much more experienced drivers
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2444485)   #11
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice ride by Buemi and thumbs up for Sutil (he lost it once.. and then with bad luck) but Vettel dominated the whole weekend. To be fair, the RedBull was in a class of its own in the rain, but Vettel really did everything right. So it must be Vettel for me.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:47 (Ref:2444490)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel, he was awesome.

special mentions to: Webber & Buemi.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2444493)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I should add, I've gone for Vettel - nobody else ever looked like winning today. I have to mention Buemi, though, who for the most part drove very well.
Vettel for me too. And I give the race a 6, too early for me, 4 am, couldn't stop me from sleep in some parts...
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2444494)   #14
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh Vettel, followed by i think Heiki who grinded away well today and got a good result considering where he started from and he still has the older spec car. Happy to see him get his first points for the year

Webber 3rd for the fact that he had to race Button and had some work to do in gapping him, in the end did it easily.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2444496)   #15
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffers917K View Post
I'd vote for Massa if he was on there, people don't stop going on about Silverstone last year whenever it rains as if it's the only wet GP he's ever done. He stormed up to third today, only to be once again let done by his car's reliability.
You could go for 'Other'...that's kind of what that option is there for!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2444505)   #16
Duffers917K
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Duffers917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did, but I was just stating who the 'other' was.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2444507)   #17
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Sebastien Buemi for me,he's emerging as a great new talent.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2444508)   #18
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
  1. Vettel: Great drive.
  2. Webber and Button: Equal second, both drove well, and both made mistakes the cost them places.
  3. Sutil: Lost it in the wrong place and paid dearly for it.

Stupid move of the race: Alonso pitting under the safetycar at the start.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2444512)   #19
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regenmeister Vettel, no doubt.

Honorary mention to H.Kovalainen, beating his team mate with old aero parts, heavier car (again) and odd tactic change (coming to pits about 10 laps too early).
Bwahaha!

Sorry.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2444515)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It has to be Vettel. To borrow Martin's phrase: "He's the perfect racing driver, isn't he?".

Webber did almost as well and shouldn't be ashamed of being beaten by Vettel, who is clearly exceptional.

I'm very pleased for Heikki and hope people will get off his back now.

Some more humble pie for me where Buemi is concerned. It was a shame about the incident with Vettel.

Lastly, sympathy for Sutil. Just when you think he's going to get some points, something goes wrong.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2444516)   #21
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me as well.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2444527)   #22
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure, its was a shame to see Sutil lose the points, but he threw it away in a major way, mixed with his numerous off track excursions. Hardly driver of the race stuff?!?!?!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2444540)   #23
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
To borrow Martin's phrase: "He's the perfect racing driver, isn't he?"
Just to carry on from this point, I was very disappointed when Vettel was criticised by the F1 Forum panel for apologising to Mario Theissen after the Melbourne shunt, suggesting that somehow this was a sign of weakness - "you would never have seen Schumacher or Senna apologising". That may be so, but hopefully today has made them realise that it is possible for Vettel to be a superb racing driver as well as a courteous and mannerly individual.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2444550)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
With one vote - track back that country code!

Buemi for me. STR's strategy didn't help him, but he overtook some true giants today - Vettel excelled in speed but didn't really have to race anyone.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2444560)   #25
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Just to carry on from this point, I was very disappointed when Vettel was criticised by the F1 Forum panel for apologising to Mario Theissen after the Melbourne shunt, suggesting that somehow this was a sign of weakness - "you would never have seen Schumacher or Senna apologising". That may be so, but hopefully today has made them realise that it is possible for Vettel to be a superb racing driver as well as a courteous and mannerly individual.
I think he is the kind of guy who apologises for everything, you do meet people like that. It's almost as if they apologise because it could have been different rather than because they are actually to blame. This impression was very much reinforced today when he apologised for the Buemi incident in the press conference after the race.

That's an observation on my part not a criticism at least it makes a change from the finger pointing that often follows on track incidents.