Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Oct 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4180457)   #76
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Steward decisions (so far)
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...hen-Jelley.pdf
Jelley gets 2 penalty points for taking out Butcher

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...ine-Change.pdf
Gamble minus 10 points, Speedworks minus 20 points, for an engine change

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...om-Chilton.pdf
Verbal warning for Chilton for Safety Car breech
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4180460)   #77
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a little bit surprised that in a car as dominant as the Napa Ford that Cammish only won 3 races this year. Saying that, cant win races if Sutton is winning them all

Even Turkington has won 4 and it feels as if BMW have been largely anonymous bar Jake Hill this season.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4180466)   #78
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gornall scores a point replacing Butel again!

Odd Hill slowed over the line there.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4180467)   #79
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Odd Hill slowed over the line there.

Suspect that was on purpose to put him in with a shout of pole for the last race, plus one more car between him and the 2 Fords if there is any hope of WSR getting the Manufacturer's title.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4180471)   #80
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
I was a little bit surprised that in a car as dominant as the Napa Ford that Cammish only won 3 races this year. Saying that, cant win races if Sutton is winning them all

Even Turkington has won 4 and it feels as if BMW have been largely anonymous bar Jake Hill this season.
He's had some terrible luck though with car issues. Missed three races due to a brake line lock failure for example.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 14:54 (Ref:4180472)   #81
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Suspect that was on purpose to put him in with a shout of pole for the last race, plus one more car between him and the 2 Fords if there is any hope of WSR getting the Manufacturer's title.
Well it sounds like Thompson might’ve failed ride height. If so it didn’t matter!
Old 8 Oct 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4180483)   #82
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’m sure there are plenty of other places on the circuit you can still take quality photos
Hardly any now. As others have said most of the GP loop has been covered with high fencing.

I am all for increasing safety, but the blanket application of high fences to the entire GP loop is massive overkill. At least we still have Hawthornes.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4180494)   #83
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last day at school feeling to race 3.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4180495)   #84
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turkington 25th to 10th. Hopefully Not His Last race
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4180496)   #85
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW lost to Ford by 4 points
Old 8 Oct 2023, 17:28 (Ref:4180497)   #86
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hill's move for the lead was absolutely impressive on one hand, but raises eyebrows on the other seeing how much on the grass he was doing that.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4180498)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hill's move for the lead was absolutely impressive on one hand, but raises eyebrows on the other seeing how much on the grass he was doing that.
If it had been another driver pulling the same move on him, I wonder how he'd describe it?
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:29 (Ref:4180501)   #88
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post

Didn't he do exactly the same thing just after the bridge at Snetterton a couple of times. I thought that he was penalised for it, but looking at the judicials, it appears that he didn't.

I must admit that I didn't particularly enjoy race 3 toady; it seemed to me as if the drivers didn't exactly care how much work they were creating for their engineers and mechanics. I'm probably too much of a purist, and although there are certainly those who like the rough and tumble, but to me, there was far too much contact plus a few pushes to pass. Luckily, there weren't any injuries; there certainly was the potential for it.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4180508)   #89
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I must admit that I didn't particularly enjoy race 3 toady; it seemed to me as if the drivers didn't exactly care how much work they were creating for their engineers and mechanics. I'm probably too much of a purist, and although there are certainly those who like the rough and tumble, but to me, there was far too much contact plus a few pushes to pass. Luckily, there weren't any injuries; there certainly was the potential for it.
Adam Morgan’s car looked rather guilty. Think there’ll be a fair few judicials after that one!
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:16 (Ref:4180524)   #90
Evantra
Veteran

England
Gamble, Thompson and Morgan all verbally warned (so far) but nothing more.

Gamble’s dive looked pretty ridiculous, surprised they weren’t harsher.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:25 (Ref:4180526)   #91
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

race 3 was fine , action was good ,
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:39 (Ref:4180528)   #92
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

There was definitely a "last day of school" feel to the driving standards across the weekend! The racing was good and I enjoyed the action, but there were a few questionable moments for me.

Gamble's utterly stupid divebomb on Edwards, for which he has only received a verbal warning, was a move of desperation. Morgan has received a verbal warning for spinning out Moffat. There were a few too many cases of blatant retaliation as well, the push from Jelley on Doble in Race 1 wasn't great, and the Turkington/Pearson/Crees incident in Race 2 was a little clumsy.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4180529)   #93
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having seen stills of Hills "overtake" I can't believe they're letting that stand. All four wheels were on the grass and Cook was tight on the corner. Not a good precedent to set for the future.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4180532)   #94
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And regarding the incident between Ingram and Sutton, despite Harvey commenting that Ingram had had a "wobble" that caused him to knock Sutton off the circuit, I actually couldn't see that as a cause. Ingram is not the type of driver that intentionally bumps into others normally - I believe him to be hard but fair - but I do think that he could have avoided Sutton.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:14 (Ref:4180533)   #95
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I think Ingram got a nudge from behind which caused the "wobble". From memory it may have been Cammish, certainly there was another Napa Ford in the pack.
Old 8 Oct 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4180539)   #96
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
There was definitely a "last day of school" feel to the driving standards across the weekend! The racing was good and I enjoyed the action, but there were a few questionable moments for me.

Gamble's utterly stupid divebomb on Edwards, for which he has only received a verbal warning, was a move of desperation. Morgan has received a verbal warning for spinning out Moffat. There were a few too many cases of blatant retaliation as well, the push from Jelley on Doble in Race 1 wasn't great, and the Turkington/Pearson/Crees incident in Race 2 was a little clumsy.
Did gamble not have a brake failure there though. I'm sure I heard that somewhere
Old 9 Oct 2023, 07:06 (Ref:4180612)   #97
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Did gamble not have a brake failure there though. I'm sure I heard that somewhere
I think Harvey said he just missed his braking point and locked up. It's incredibly easy to do into Druids.
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4180649)   #98
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sat watching race 3 Is it me or was Adam Morgan out there with a "Job to do"?....
Old 9 Oct 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4180652)   #99
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I sat watching race 3 Is it me or was Adam Morgan out there with a "Job to do"?....
He drives like that every race…
Old 9 Oct 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4180660)   #100
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
He drives like that every race…
Seemed to be attached to the rear of any NAPA car he could find.