Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 May 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2875574)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
British F3 - Round 3 - Snetterton

It's not until next weekend but there's no harm in getting this started now.

It will be the first time the cars race on the new 300 circuit, although the drivers have had a test day there already and liked it. There is more testing next Friday.

Here is a preview, which helpfully includes a timetable.
Old 7 May 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2876359)   #2
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to seeing the new track, haven't been there since last year, has anybody got any tips for the best spots?
Full timetable with support races at
http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk...1415052011.pdf
Old 9 May 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2877494)   #3
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Looking forward to seeing the new track, haven't been there since last year, has anybody got any tips for the best spots?
Full timetable with support races at
http://ticket.motorsportvision.co.uk...1415052011.pdf
The new banking behind the medical centre provides excellent viewing , from the top you can see the start then follow around the new infoeld section- access to the left of Tyrells. not sure on the other new banking will be open as grass taking long time to grow in the drought( rename Snetterton to Sahara !! ). You can also get close to Russels - whoops sorry Murrays
Old 13 May 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2880026)   #4
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
F3 testing today at Snet times at
http://www.tsl-timing.com/bf3gt/2011/111917bf3.pdf
Old 14 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2880228)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Felipe Nasr took pole position for races one and three in qualifying this morning, but Kevin Magnussen ran him close for both: http://www.formula3.co/news/double-t...-at-snetterton
Old 14 May 2011, 15:06 (Ref:2880275)   #6
jobdone
Racer

jobdone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Magnussen grabbing a win! I'm popping along tomorrow providing it doesn't rain (terrible attitude I know!)

Can't wait to see a major event on the new track. Anyone know which banking areas are open?
Old 14 May 2011, 15:25 (Ref:2880287)   #7
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
The British F3 exhibit at the Sentterton is definitely worth the trip. I will keep my eye in Lam Pak's hero Adderly Fong
Old 14 May 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2880394)   #8
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
Anyone know which banking areas are open?
They've opened the new raised viewing area at Agostini so all areas are available except the Montreal banking which will not open until July.

Good win by Magnussen taking Christodoulou round the outside of Riches at the start and then repeating the manoeuvre on Nasr after a safety car interlude.
Old 15 May 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2880598)   #9
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
The British F3 exhibit at the Sentterton is definitely worth the trip. I will keep my eye in Lam Pak's hero Adderly Fong
fong cant win cause bad enginers in sino vision racing. somebody say english enginer no good in mercedes engines. need to change. asap!
Old 15 May 2011, 13:06 (Ref:2880616)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Lucas Foresti led a Carlin 1-2-3 in this morning's reverse grid race, which at least broke the Carlin monopoly. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91415

Kevin Magnussen was only 9th, but cleverly kept dropping back to create a gap and then charging back in pursuit of the fastest lap and the 2 extra points. He succeeded. Fast and smart.
Old 15 May 2011, 21:09 (Ref:2880788)   #11
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Third race was a second victory of the weekend for Kevin Magnussen - another overtake round the outside of Nasr at Riches corner after a safety car period.

Nasr Later pitted with a slow puncture and rejoined to try for the fastest lap which he got with an outright lap record of 1m39.933s (106.95mph average).

He really does need to rethink his restarts 'though. In the 3rd race he was so far back from the safety car that he accelerated exiting the Bombhole while the safety car driver was slowly approaching Murray's wondering where all the cars were. As a result Nasr caught the safety car on the exit and appeared to lift slightly giving the advantage to Magnussen. This also earned him a drive through after the tyre change for dropping so far back.

p.s. Fong 12th, 14th & 11th - Sino Vision team mate Lloyd 7th, 5th and 14th (after a front wing change).
Old 17 May 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2881573)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Scott Pye running where expected coming from FFord?
Old 17 May 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2881661)   #13
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak View Post
fong cant win cause bad enginers in sino vision racing. somebody say english enginer no good in mercedes engines. need to change. asap!
what rubbish!!
Old 17 May 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2881812)   #14
cleanup
Rookie

England
cleanup should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lam Pak View Post
Lam Pak, need to close on subject of Fong, great he is racing BF3 but please stop making excuses, Adderey just isnt very good no matter who and what he drives but good luck to him.
Old 18 May 2011, 19:38 (Ref:2882293)   #15
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanup View Post
Lam Pak, need to close on subject of Fong, great he is racing BF3 but please stop making excuses, Adderey just isnt very good no matter who and what he drives but good luck to him.
As nice a chap as he is and all credit to him for racing his team mate has 18 points and is 11th in the Championship Adderly has 18 points less...
I really do hope he does better but don't blame the engineers, car etc
Old 18 May 2011, 20:22 (Ref:2882320)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
As nice a chap as he is and all credit to him for racing his team mate has 18 points and is 11th in the Championship Adderly has 18 points less...
I really do hope he does better but don't blame the engineers, car etc
There are a couple of points here.

The first is that his team-mate is the current driver who has competed in more BF3 drivers than any other. I know who who has competed in more than anyone else in the last 30 odd years, if you want to guess...

The second is that I know a way in which Adderly's performance could definitely be improved if he is prepared to listen and learn. He only has to ask...
Old 18 May 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2882340)   #17
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be Martin O'Connell?
Old 18 May 2011, 21:52 (Ref:2882362)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
No, I thought of him, but not so. Someone more recent who raced in both the National and International Classes.
Old 19 May 2011, 04:19 (Ref:2882448)   #19
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmm that's surprising.

Stephen Jelley maybe?
Old 19 May 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2882728)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Spot on! I was surprised, but it came from Marcus Simmons of Autosport who has compiled an incredibly detailed list of statistics for British F3 since it first became a single championship/series in 1979.

The information is crying out loud to be put on a website, but no-one has any money to fund the project. It's a real shame. If anyone knows of someone who might be interested, please let me know. Cooper/Avon were the obvious people to approach, but even they backed away in today's financial climate.
Old 22 May 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2883868)   #21
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
what rubbish!!
Not showing respect for another's opinion is not only a faux pas, but can, and often does, lead to anxiety, tension, failed relationships in the forum. Lam Pak has the right of putting the blame on Sino Vision engineers.Of course the irony is, Sino Vision big boss is Adderly Fong’s papa.
Old 25 May 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2885749)   #22
BoyRac3r
Rookie

BoyRac3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys i'm new to the forum. Love watching F3 and my favourite driver at the moment is Harry Tincknell! I think he has great potential, what do you think?
Old 28 May 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2887210)   #23
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A wecolme to the formus and B yes i think you might be on to something there ( I been on holiday therefore could not see this race but catcting up on the supports at this track)