Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:11 (Ref:354023)   #1
Brettwp
Rookie

Brettwp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come ALMS/GA don't....

How come ALMS, or for that matter, GA ever give VIP’s/Press a ride in a Prototype? The cars are already a two seater (minus the seat). It just seems to be a simple thing to do to promote the sport. I can only imagine the expense that F1 and CART have put into making their one-off chassis to do the same thing.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 14:18 (Ref:354033)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pescarolo Sport has a two seater Courage C52. Panoz Could do the same...
Old 9 Aug 2002, 15:47 (Ref:354091)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even if they charged a nice fee to get a ride in the thing, I bet they'd have to take reservations.

I'd love to get a ride in a Panoz! (Only not with Mags; he is too wild!)
Old 9 Aug 2002, 17:56 (Ref:354167)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pete Lyons has a good story to tell about running in an M8F with Peter Revson driving. Apparently he very nearly soiled himself.

This would be a great idea for getting some hacks excited about the racing. Particularly the hometown print press, who just don't seem to understand. (That was very true for the Globe and Mail, who were sponsors of Mosport until last year. The lack of coverage was embarrassing. At least Mosport realized they got nothing out of the association and went to the Star, a paper that was willing to do some coverage.)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Aug 2002, 18:34 (Ref:354199)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our Chief Tourist Ian often tells of the ride he was given by dear Hans Stuck in some powerful BMW (I think around Silverstone). Ian is a quick driver himself, used to powerful cars and so on, but I don't think he has ever been so scared as he was when Hans peddled him around!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 21:23 (Ref:354311)   #6
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember an article early 80's about Le Mans of journalist's been given ride's round Le Mans in the passenger seat of the 956. I don't think they were strapped in they just had to hold on to the roll cage.
Problem nowadays is there a lot smaller(the car's not journalists) and passenger side is jammed with electronics.
Old 10 Aug 2002, 01:27 (Ref:354408)   #7
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be awesome to take a spin with Jon Field in the MG or the Lola/Judd. We all know that he's not your average driver...
Old 13 Aug 2002, 11:04 (Ref:356746)   #8
Brettwp
Rookie

Brettwp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with Liz, I want a ride in the Panoz!!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 13:14 (Ref:356844)   #9
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I've got a colleague who was given a very fast run in the Sintura (of blessed memory) Nothing else seems quick any more he tells me!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 13:17 (Ref:356846)   #10
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't mind a ride with Danica.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 19:10 (Ref:357071)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect Fab's top of the waiting list for a ride with Milka!