Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2011, 05:46 (Ref:3001747)   #1301
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
WEC? A GT3 car (and a non-legal one I might add..)?
...and that's why it wont score points.
It is a car used for research, not for winning championships....yet.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 05:57 (Ref:3001751)   #1302
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps Kolles could run the R18s, based on the fact that they at least have some previous relationship with Audi and I thought I read somewhere that Mr. Kolles has been released from his F1 duties, but I don't follow F1 so I don't know the details on that.

The Hyundai GTE project is interesting. I see the point about making a GT car before making a GTE, but it's not a factory project so it's not like Hyundai is involved in any way to decide they want to go GT racing, and if they wanna make a Hyundai then they sorta have to use what is given.

I can't help but wonder what it was that made them decide "after careful review" that the Genesis would be the best thing to go GT racing with?
Old 19 Dec 2011, 08:18 (Ref:3001772)   #1303
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Something covered in the Audi R18 thread--rumor from a source close to Audi Sport says that Audi will enter at least 4 cars at LM this year--2 R18H's and two older (or non-hybrid) R18s. Joest, for sure, will have the R18 Hybrids, but Joest can only enter 3 cars at LM. If Audi does enter 4 or 5 cars (assuming that Joest enters 2-3 and a second team enters two), who would the tender be for the non-Joest enteries, and could they race outside of LM?
Maybe they can revive Audi Japan and use that name.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 14:45 (Ref:3001864)   #1304
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
The Hyundai GTE project is interesting. I see the point about making a GT car before making a GTE, but it's not a factory project so it's not like Hyundai is involved in any way to decide they want to go GT racing, and if they wanna make a Hyundai then they sorta have to use what is given.

I can't help but wonder what it was that made them decide "after careful review" that the Genesis would be the best thing to go GT racing with?
With so many good options and even teams like Lotus finding it difficult to get on the pace, I'm not putting much hope in this.

If there was an insistence to go with Hyundai (and possibly attract factory interest) why not use a version of the 2.0T WRC engine in P2?
Old 19 Dec 2011, 14:54 (Ref:3001867)   #1305
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speaking of lotus, what kind of developments are being made? aero? engine? they need to kick some ass next year.
Alos, its a nice looking car, that evora....
Old 19 Dec 2011, 15:17 (Ref:3001878)   #1306
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as happen in the street evora, i think that the main problem is the poor engine; surely also the aero need to be updated.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 16:57 (Ref:3001924)   #1307
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened with united autosport in lmp2? Will they be back next year?
Old 19 Dec 2011, 21:44 (Ref:3002006)   #1308
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
With so many good options and even teams like Lotus finding it difficult to get on the pace, I'm not putting much hope in this.

If there was an insistence to go with Hyundai (and possibly attract factory interest) why not use a version of the 2.0T WRC engine in P2?
Yeah I sorta wonder if the little Hyundai V6 could make the power needed, since it seems like Cosworth and Lotus couldn't make the power the Evora needed.

Someone is getting railed over on the ALMS forums for similar doubts though, so maybe we should be careful.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 22:59 (Ref:3002043)   #1309
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanza View Post
Yeah I sorta wonder if the little Hyundai V6 could make the power needed, since it seems like Cosworth and Lotus couldn't make the power the Evora needed.

Someone is getting railed over on the ALMS forums for similar doubts though, so maybe we should be careful.
Hyundai has a new 5.0L V8 too. I wouldn't be surprised to see that wind up in the Genesis coupe sooner or later.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 00:43 (Ref:3002070)   #1310
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post
what happened with united autosport in lmp2? Will they be back next year?
I think they're looking at Le Mans, with any season long program being for 2013.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 09:14 (Ref:3002142)   #1311
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Japanese AUTOSPORT,
Japanese driver Keita Sawa participated in the shakedown test of Chevrolet Camaro GT3 by Reiter Engineering.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=6&no=38299
Old 20 Dec 2011, 09:28 (Ref:3002144)   #1312
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw on the ESPN racing page that Robert Doornbos seems to be inquiring about the LMS (ELMS?) on his Twitter page. Whether he has some offers there or if it is a general inquiry I know not.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 10:16 (Ref:3002158)   #1313
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
According to Japanese AUTOSPORT,
Japanese driver Keita Sawa participated in the shakedown test of Chevrolet Camaro GT3 by Reiter Engineering.
http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=6&no=38299
That looks so tough and being developed by Reiter it stands a chance of becoming a contender.

Why was Sawa at the test? (for some reason I cannot view the J-Autosport link).
Old 20 Dec 2011, 10:59 (Ref:3002176)   #1314
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
No mention about it.
But, he has participated in Macao GP by Gallardo GT3.
And he is a champion of Carrera cup Asia 2011.
Therefore, he will become a good benchmark for GT3.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 20:00 (Ref:3002397)   #1315
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
i do not expect it to materialize as you can see on the front of their webpage, they want to build both a GT2 and GTE car.
Why do you think it wont happen? just because they want to do GT2/GTE?

If you read the car page they have GT2 and GTE together. They are the same category.

The gen coupe is a nice car, with a V8 it would produce the power, so bring it on. Just having factory support doesnt mean it will happen (or be any good), RSR Jag is no good and it has factory support.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 20:13 (Ref:3002405)   #1316
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Yaco Racing (Geipel father & sons) will enter two these Chevrolet Camaro's in ADAC GT Masters and FIA GT3 series.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 12:35 (Ref:3002655)   #1317
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Why do you think it wont happen? just because they want to do GT2/GTE?

If you read the car page they have GT2 and GTE together. They are the same category.

The gen coupe is a nice car, with a V8 it would produce the power, so bring it on. Just having factory support doesnt mean it will happen (or be any good), RSR Jag is no good and it has factory support.
It is exactly that GT2 and GTE is the same category that makes the effort at bit questionable.
Besides, GTE is such a tough field right now, and i just don't see the room for a successful private build car.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 08:43 (Ref:3003045)   #1318
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Minoru Hayashi's tweets,
It seems that the negotiation for LM24 between Dome and Taki Inoue broke down.

He says that he is childlike. No one cannot participate in Le Mans if not childlike. And he says "Goodbye (Taki)".
http://twitter.com/#!/dome_hayashi/s...10412042756096
Old 22 Dec 2011, 08:53 (Ref:3003055)   #1319
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

He says that he is childlike. No one cannot participate in Le Mans if not childlike. And he says "Goodbye (Taki)".
Old 22 Dec 2011, 09:22 (Ref:3003067)   #1320
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Sorry, not "childlike", correct is "childish"
Old 23 Dec 2011, 12:07 (Ref:3003525)   #1321
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
That looks so tough and being developed by Reiter it stands a chance of becoming a contender.

I love the look of both Camaro's right now, I can't wait to see one with a proper livery on it. Hopefully it does not turn out like the Mustangs. I wonder if they have been sold off yet?

As for the Hyundai I hope it turns out to be a real life version of this.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 15:43 (Ref:3003591)   #1322
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:

Have they even announced they're going to Le Mans?
Old 23 Dec 2011, 22:22 (Ref:3003719)   #1323
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Have they even announced they're going to Le Mans?
No. Everything was going on at Twitter.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 09:17 (Ref:3003839)   #1324
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No. Everything was going on at Twitter.
Hayashi might have been able to put a deal together if he hadn't been trying to negotiate in 140 characters!
Old 24 Dec 2011, 23:16 (Ref:3004051)   #1325
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Hayashi might have been able to put a deal together if he hadn't been trying to negotiate in 140 characters!