Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:42 (Ref:1706018)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso penalised! (merged)

Alonso back to tenth on grid,shock,horror!

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=129456
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1706024)   #2
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can F1 get any worse? What a joke.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1706026)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes.

(I was trying to find something to merge this with but........................ )

Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1706029)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this penal racing league, or grade school?
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1706031)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another pathetic and corrupt decision. If they want Michael so badly to win in his last year, perhaps they should just hand the title to him instead of humiliating his competitors.

Last edited by freud; 9 Sep 2006 at 17:54.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1706032)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well anyone got any footage....lets watch the incident before making judgements...
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1706033)   #7
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the only thing Alonso is guilty of is turning up at Monza.

Honestly, how much more pathetic can you get. Massa was never anywhere near him.

I hope the media give them a roasting.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1706034)   #8
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit I haven't seen the incident but from what I have read Alonso does seem to be in the wrong and the rules on such incidents are quite clear.

The stewards decision in full (for those with Autosport subscription, may be on FIA.com now or later also):
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54384
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1706037)   #9
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Massa was never anywhere near him.
Totally agree, in his situation - would you give up your shot at a quick lap to get out of someones way whose lap you weren't impeding! (IMO)
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1706040)   #10
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Totally agree, in his situation - would you give up your shot at a quick lap to get out of someones way whose lap you weren't impeding! (IMO)
Exactly, it's like defending your position. He was trying to move up the order, does he not get that chance?

No, instead they say Fernando you are not playing nicely so go sit in the corner.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1706041)   #11
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well according to the stewards report Alonso was on his outlap so there isn't a question of Alonso giving up his shot at a quick lap by getting out of his way.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1706043)   #12
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In this case, there was - he crossed the line to start his hotlap with 2 seconds left on the clock - he would've lost his chance if he let Masssa past.

Edit: just told dad, and he said: "oh come on, thats someone taking the **** now!"

Last edited by Knowlesy; 9 Sep 2006 at 22:29.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1706045)   #13
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that is absolute ********, excuse the language. We all saw the footage, I even remember the commentators saying Massa was too far behind to get a tow from Alonso. So how, how, how is that blocking? F1 is becoming an absolute farce. If that was impeding, then Ferrari are the most honest team in the pitlane.

I think it's disgusting.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1706046)   #14
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's like in poker. Ok, if you can win that 100$ pot, go for it and push. But if you have to pay and risk another 300$ bet in doing so, it's not really good business. 8th was a bit better than a coin toss between 5th and 10th.... And he could still cross the line if he let Massa by. It wasn't like Massa was doing 50 km/h that's legal speed limit in Milan, was it....
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1706049)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Er. I watched the footage and did wonder if what I was seeing was as close as it looked. Agree this is racing thus Massa shouldn't get the vote, but it is a set criteria we are looking at and as such (if the footage is the same as I'm discussing), Fernado was definitely taking the "wind" out of Massa's sails.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:06 (Ref:1706050)   #16
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to Ferrari country! lol

This is so stupid! I've stop believing in the F1 management after the 1994 Silverstone GP........
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:07 (Ref:1706051)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89
I even remember the commentators saying Massa was too far behind to get a tow from Alonso.
See my previous post but even if it's Martin I wholeheartedly disagree. It was waaaaaaaaay closer than it looked.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1706053)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Whoa, wait. That was NOT racing. That was quallifiying. Drivers on their in/out laps should make room for the drivers on their hot laps. Who cares if Alonso didn't cross the line in time? Was it Massa's fault that Alonso didn't leave the pits 10 seconds earlier?
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1706055)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Drivers on their in/out laps should make room for the drivers on their hot laps.
There seemed to be plenty of room for Massa to pass him.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1706057)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Whoa, wait. That was NOT racing. That was quallifiying.
Which in the real world is when you make your own space.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:21 (Ref:1706058)   #21
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Martin, we all know that passes in F1 happen rarely without drivers cooperating, especially between cars like a Ferrari and a Renault.... Especially in Parabollica..

Peter, yes, Massa could try to make his own space.... But we'd have another hearing post qualifying...
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1706061)   #22
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The FIA really dont want Alonso to win the title do they.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1706062)   #23
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's a joke !!

Formula 1 is biased. In Italy they wanted to favour Ferrari and Schuey.
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1706063)   #24
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Of course. We know that. Proof is that they disqualified MS in Monaco and penalised him in Hungary to trick us all,. Next conspiracy theory please?
Old 9 Sep 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1706064)   #25
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am just wondering how time did Alonso's 'blocking manouvere' cost Massa? I didnt see any blocking as Alonso was at least 4 car lengths (conservative estimate) ahead of Massa in the 3rd sector (he was not in sight of Massa at least in the first sector).

Perhaps I can understand Ferrari fans try to justify this because it helps Michael. Its a pathetic decision nevertheless.