Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3219768)   #451
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Bye bye Malucelli.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:34 (Ref:3219771)   #452
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Acted too nervous at the end.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:42 (Ref:3219777)   #453
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the onboard cuts out with 4 minutes left.

C'mon ALMS, you owe us seeing the finish.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:46 (Ref:3219781)   #454
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm having to get info from Audi Sport's Twitter page because ALMS T&S died.

Update, it came back on for the last lap.

Ben provisionally beat TK by about 7.6 seconds--result ultimately depends on if IMSA might penalize the #1 Audi for the floor pan damage, if any.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3219782)   #455
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to Corvette! It was a hard fought victory and a great race!

And Falken made the podium!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:49 (Ref:3219783)   #456
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can just imagine how much the winning gap would have been if the #4 went fault free.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:52 (Ref:3219785)   #457
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 cautions the entire race.

Legitimate.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3219789)   #458
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Look mom, a crook is on tv.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:00 (Ref:3219791)   #459
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Look mom, a crook is on tv.
Please, enough of this
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:06 (Ref:3219794)   #460
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grats Vette, and good to see Falken finishing at least on the podium
Viper looked good too, the GT class offered great battles as usual.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:08 (Ref:3219795)   #461
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Boring LMP1 race
Boring LMP2 race
Great GT race
Great GTC race

How good to see the Vipers surprising us all with a solid run. Aston dissapointing.

What? LMPC ? No mate, never heard of it...
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:15 (Ref:3219804)   #462
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was excellent overall, great battles in all classes except P2 (even between the 2 Audis) and huge tension in GT. I was hoping for better from Muscle Milk, and I wanted Viper to stay in contention, but this was another cracking race. GT as always gave us the best show
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:26 (Ref:3219809)   #463
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ha to all you deviants who thought Maluchelli wasn't up to it !!!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:37 (Ref:3219817)   #464
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Please, enough of this
No, not enough of this. There's not enough of this, if anything.

Shocking how much people are willing to look the other way just because somebody puts two cars on the grid.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3219821)   #465
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Be interesting to see, if you took all the crooks out of motorsport over the last 40 years, who would be left!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:49 (Ref:3219823)   #466
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

Shocking how much people are willing to look the other way just because somebody puts two cars on the grid.
This discussion is about the 12 Hours of Sebring RACE. Not about a driver and what he has done outside of motorsport.

I don't condone what Scott Tucker has done and I believe he should be punished BUT people on this forum make him out to be the only guy who has ever broken a law. FYI, there are many people who have taken advantage of others to gain a profit...and some can be found in motorsports.

If what he has done bothers you (or anyone else) then why don't you DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of randomly bringing it up every once in a while on this forum.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:53 (Ref:3219826)   #467
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I lost interest after the 91 Viper had problems and flicked to some HBO movie, it just wasn't an interesting race, sorry If you don't like my opinion, even GT which was expected to be electric was rather tame compared to years past.

ALMS and WEC GT is going to be incredible this year though. I have a feeling Toyota is going to dominate P1, Audi wasn't really THAT impressive all things considering.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:54 (Ref:3219827)   #468
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
This discussion is about the 12 Hours of Sebring RACE. Not about a driver and what he has done outside of motorsport.

I don't condone what Scott Tucker has done and I believe he should be punished BUT people on this forum make him out to be the only guy who has ever broken a law. FYI, there are many people who have taken advantage of others to gain a profit...and some can be found in motorsports.

If what he has done bothers you (or anyone else) then why don't you DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of randomly bringing it up every once in a while on this forum.
Is it in violation of the forum rules? We have mods for this kind of thing, Acid09 and others are expressing opinions that are perfectly relevant to sportscar racing.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 03:59 (Ref:3219830)   #469
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bowties.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 07:54 (Ref:3219881)   #470
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'm surprised no one touched that time from Aston Martin the whole race in GTE. The 91 Viper got close. They were the most consistent car in terms of pace IMO. Too bad that little issue took them out of contention.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3219909)   #471
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Bowties.
I hate everything that wears a bowtie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

I don't see how it's different from any other form of entertainment wherewith fans overlook stuff that athletes, musicians, or actors do. Sure, it may end up in the press, but the fans still shrug off the allegations or even rally to defend their idols.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3219915)   #472
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had to duck out with 90mins remaining but watched the rest now.

Some plus points:
The Viper pace/consistency
Risi back!/Matteo Malucelli
David Ostella
Lack of cautions

It wasn't a vintage race but it still held my attention just fine until the final stint.

Audi won't be happy with that I don't think but it's all learnings and track time so there are things they can take away. After a shaky looking practice schedule they ran around fine in the race, just driver altercations/errors again being the difference.

When you have Treluyer vs Kristensen in the final stint there's only going to be one winner.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3219950)   #473
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3hour highlights on Motors just started ...
Old 17 Mar 2013, 11:13 (Ref:3219955)   #474
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Be interesting to see, if you took all the crooks out of motorsport over the last 40 years, who would be left!
Exactly !!!
Old 17 Mar 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3220063)   #475
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Surprised that IMSA didn't threaten to ding the #1 Audi for that floor damage in post race tech (at least to this point it's win stands). We know that the FIA in F1 and the FIA and ACO have rules in place to penalize LMP teams who wear too much off the skid, but the rules, like most concerning penalties, have the word "may" in it. That allows some lattitude in the enforcement of such a rule.

We have to remember the '11 Australian GP where Hamilton's McLaren had similar--or worse--damage. The FIA didn't penalize Hamilton and his team over the skid wear because it was deemed accident damage/force majure.

That seemed to be the stance of IMSA's Charlie Cook, who was chief technical director for Sebring. It seemed to have been caused by the #1 Audi running over a splitter that was left in the middle of the track from a 911 GTC car, and it seemed that when Brad Kettler made it known that the sparks were from the bolts that held the skid/floor on the car bottoming out, Charlie seemed to be satisfied at the explanation, basically saying, "well, as long as it doesn't fall off the car and cause an accident, then it's OK."(per Speed's tape delayed ending broadcast)

I do wonder if IMSA does enforce certain ACO rules differently as far as the skid wear and louvers, though apparently IMSA and the ACO are supposed to be on the same page there. Thus, I wonder if IMSA doesn't enforce the skid wear rule to the letter, or the #1 Audi's damage, like with the Hamilton deal mentioned, was judged to be accidental damage that wouldn't have happened if the Audi didn't hit that Porsche's splitter.

Also, I'm wonder about some of the things that some have commented elsewhere about Paul Walker and his penalties in ALMS/GA this year. He certainly has a different style than what Beaux Barfield had before he was poached by Indy Car to be their race and competition director. I appreciated Paul's consistency, but I do feel that he sort of overreacted on some of the penalties. The most that several of the things that he hammered people for was only demanded a stop and go, not a 60 second hold.

I know that Barfield was a successful racer in his own right (mostly open wheel in the early-mid 1990's, but that's why Indy Car came calling, in that he was a successful road racer and an even more successful oval track racer in FF2000) and has that racer experience and mentality that made him respected and admired in the paddock in the ALMS. I wonder what Paul's racing credentials are. I think that for one to be a race director, they need to have race experience--something that was a problem for F1 until they introduced drivers as guest co-race directors, and NASCAR, who their recent race directors, I don't think, have often not been former drivers. So I wonder if Paul's trying to be a hard-a** or he doesn't have race experience.