Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Apr 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2863298)   #101
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats a tough one ..... probably Mansell for a change !!!
Old 14 Apr 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2863352)   #102
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Around the twisty stuff it could run rings around all but the 458 but my worry would be how much power the V6 has.

I assume they're running with small tyres and the lowest GTE weight?
Old 14 Apr 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2863414)   #103
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be nice if they gave James Rossiter a drive seen as he shook it down.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2863464)   #104
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the prov entry list the no.65 car has Mowlem and Rossiter with Jonathan Hirschi so hopefully an all pro line up can at least show the potential of the car.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 21:45 (Ref:2863475)   #105
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Very purposefully looking Lotus, that. I hope we'll see them rotate as long as possible at Spa and Le Mans. I'll cheer for them.
Old 15 Apr 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2863547)   #106
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
According to the prov entry list the no.65 car has Mowlem and Rossiter with Jonathan Hirschi so hopefully an all pro line up can at least show the potential of the car.
Its good to hear, hopefully they can get some good miles out of the car come Spa and take it from there.
Old 16 Apr 2011, 23:03 (Ref:2864503)   #107
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with everyone. It's always great to see a new make enter the GT ranks on a professional level, privateer, customer, or factory.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2864894)   #108
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I am still afraid that with so little testing and proper racing those cars will be out very soon in June's 24 hours race.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2865437)   #109
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know this isn't equivalent, but a Lotus won the GT4 category in the Blancpain series this week, so maybe there is hope for the GT2 version.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 18:06 (Ref:2865919)   #110
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on how much backing the GT4 program has, and how much the GT2 versions will have.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 15:01 (Ref:2866500)   #111
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More info....

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90882
Old 21 Apr 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2867725)   #112
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%26prmd%3Divns

Last edited by JAG; 21 Apr 2011 at 19:54.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2867734)   #113
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
It does look like a proper racing car I have to admit.... Let's see how it goes.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2867751)   #114
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What first spring to my mind is that it got very clever cooling compared to other (especially elderly 911's). Placing it right under the crash structure in the middle of the car reduces the risk of damaging it in an accident.
Something i remember bitterly from Le Mans 2-3 Years ago, with Lars Erik "Wheel-Spin" Nielsen's 911 being in pit for a longer of period of time to get it's radiators repaired.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2867857)   #115
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans is probably a big hurdle this early in the car's life, but I think it has potential. The GT4 is a hint of that, but the roots of that car's on-track development have been going on for a while. It will probably take a little while to unearth its potential and I hope that like with the GT4 they make use of drivers like Mowlem and Rossiter in races to facilitate that along.

Last edited by cmk; 21 Apr 2011 at 23:15.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2867912)   #116
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Le Mans is probably a big hurdle this early in the car's life, but I think it has potential
Completely agree ..... 2 of them takes away another potential good team . If it was a works team or supported works team it wouldnt be so bad . But what do you expect from JA , when they just got their hands on them ffs .

I understand that manufacturers are important for the ACO , but this is expecting a bit much in my opinion .

Oh , and the prepreg layup on the carbon fibre is absolutly shocking ..... looks like something my kid could do . Rough as a badgers arse , so to speak but , a good looking car . I really hope it works out for them eventually .

Love to see Martin Donnelly in that car .
Old 22 Apr 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2868027)   #117
JAG
Veteran

England
It is a factory backed car.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90900
Old 26 Apr 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2870086)   #118
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2506/8293dmec_jpg

Lotus Evora at Le Mans Test Day .
Old 26 Apr 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2870100)   #119
JAG
Veteran

England
Great picture, think it's been mentioned before but the Evora is designed by the same guy who did the MC12.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2870161)   #120
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2506/yq8xue4g_jpg

One more Shot from the Lotus . Car look's great in black :
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2870164)   #121
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Sorry !!!
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2870178)   #122
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope they can put in a good run at Spa. They have admitted to be down on power, but that doesn't bother me too much right now. IF they can finish the race I will be more than impressed with this program.
Old 28 Apr 2011, 16:38 (Ref:2871285)   #123
The Badger
Veteran

4:06 and 4:29 at the test . 7 seconds of the class time , I think .

Not great but , hope they can get their act together for June . Lovely looking car .

I still dont believe that Le Mans should be conducted as a test , which is what will happen at this rate .
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2871298)   #124
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2508/h24gt4zr_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2508/6v89stsq_jpg

2more Shots I have taken from the Lotus Evora at Le Mans Test Day .
Old 28 Apr 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2871304)   #125
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I still dont believe that Le Mans should be conducted as a test , which is what will happen at this rate .
It's shouldn't be any worse than half of GT entries last year (most of the GT1 definitely).