Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2012, 11:14 (Ref:3011107)   #76
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Very rough explanation:

Prior to qualifying, each team declare a time & are given appropriate weight/fuel tank/power/ride height.

Success in qualifying means more penalty on weight/fuel tank/power/ride height (going faster than your declared time means even more of a penalty).

During the race, going faster than your declared time means for the rest of the race you will be peanalised through pit penalty (amount of fuel you can put in during a stop is limited I believe) - however you have 10 'joker' laps which don't count.
Weird system but ok, I understand it now .

The GT-R is still in the pits with steering problems after contact.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:10 (Ref:3011159)   #77
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously I love RLM to death but I just can't stand Hindy when he starts to defend the performance balancing and those god damn joker cards or whatever they're called. I know he cannot really say bad things about his employer but when he gives lame excuses for it's existence (ie "it's just all tactics", "other series have it too", "Group C was just like this", "it adds another element" blaa blaa) I just wanna bang my head to the wall. Isn't this the same guy who hates DRS for it's artificiality?

The first thing, THE VERY first thing that happened yesterday when I opened the stream for night practice was Nick interviewing someone who was complaining about BoP (can't remember who). Says everything...

Last edited by Deleted; 13 Jan 2012 at 13:17.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3011166)   #78
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Obviously I love RLM to death but I just can't stand Hindy when he always starts to defend the performance balancing. I know he cannot really say bad things about his employer but when he gives lame excuses for it's existence (ie "it's just all tactics", "other series have it too", "it adds another element" blaa blaa) I just wanna bang my head to the wall. Isn't this the same guy who hates DRS for it's artificiality?

The first thing, THE VERY first thing that happened yesterday when I opened the stream for night practice was somebody complaining about BoP (can't remember who). Says everything...
He discussed the BoP situation with Stuart Hall during a driver interview about thirty minutes ago - Hall wasn't very pleased with the enacted measures, either.
Hindy seemed pretty adamant it was a great idea, though.

He'll likely be bagging it on the next MWM episode, anyway.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 13 Jan 2012 at 13:23.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3011172)   #79
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Obviously I love RLM to death but I just can't stand Hindy when he starts to defend the performance balancing and those god damn joker cards or whatever they're called. I know he cannot really say bad things about his employer but when he gives lame excuses for it's existence (ie "it's just all tactics", "other series have it too", "Group C was just like this", "it adds another element" blaa blaa) I just wanna bang my head to the wall. Isn't this the same guy who hates DRS for it's artificiality?

The first thing, THE VERY first thing that happened yesterday when I opened the stream for night practice was Nick interviewing someone who was complaining about BoP (can't remember who). Says everything...
Chiana join us in the chat :
The Ten Tenths Chatroom
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:27 (Ref:3011174)   #80
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think he will be critizing it now or ever because he wants to go there next year as well. Just like he plays nice for Nissan all year round and never says a bad thing about the spec classes in ALMS.

It's fine by me if he stays loyal for his sponsor or whatever, but he doesn't need to praise the whole thing like it's the best thing ever and like there's absolutely nothinh wrong with it
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3011175)   #81
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The rules are redundant and purposeless. The rules turn this from an endurance race to an exhibition event.

The quality of the online coverage is comprehensive so kudos to the broadcasters for that.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3011177)   #82
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rules seem popular enough to bring 70 odd cars to the track (Barcelona 24hr with same rules is equally popular).
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3011178)   #83
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The rules seem popular enough to bring 70 odd cars to the track (Barcelona 24hr with same rules is equally popular).
Well, then, maybe, that's the future. 24 hour exhibition events.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3011183)   #84
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The rules are attractive to paying amateur drivers - which makes them attractive to teams.
I don't hold that against the teams. They're operating a business.

The organisers would likely have achieved similar numbers without this level of regulatory absurdity enacted.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3011192)   #85
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I can understand performance balancing. I can understand giving amateurs the leg up in terms of weight to make teams competitive sportingly and commercially. I accept and can understand [although I've mixed views on] the Daytona 24 hour idea of trying to keep cars on the lead lap. I don't understand the purpose behind these rules though. It doesn't do anything and you need a degree to crack them.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3011198)   #86
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone notice timing reads "Team manager car 2 please report to the Race Director now." The AF Corse 458 GT3 seems have stay in pits for laps.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3011202)   #87
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They were smoking heavily due to a suspension issue - fixed now (they think).
Old 13 Jan 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3011203)   #88
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Anyone notice timing reads "Team manager car 2 please report to the Race Director now." The AF Corse 458 GT3 seems have stay in pits for laps.
Just got this from the home page

2 AF Corse SRL class: A6
has had some trouble with their right suspension and has just left their pitbox with the problem fixed
Old 13 Jan 2012, 15:41 (Ref:3011229)   #89
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Live-cam will be back in less than 20 mins.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3011247)   #90
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

This BOP minimum lap time bull**** is making the race hard to follow and not to mention just plain confusing to keep up with. Like the Spa 24H this is probably going to turn into a BOP snore fest.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 16:08 (Ref:3011251)   #91
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Gaps are quite large already as well, not that exciting.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3011253)   #92
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Sometimes two long stints done by slow gentlemen nearly means losing a lap, considering most of the teams have paying drivers, competition could still be expected.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3011279)   #93
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic pit stop by Black Falcon has closed them right back in on the leaders.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 17:51 (Ref:3011292)   #94
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
So far one third have passed but we have SC for only once or twice, that's fine.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3011296)   #95
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
#2 hit trouble again, both Ferraris are out of the equation.

Will be either the lone BMW or one of the SLS, maybe the #18 has an outsiders change even though their slower pace seems to ruin the better fuel milage.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3011302)   #96
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was quite a turnaround to get the #2 back out again.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3011328)   #97
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going to add my name to the list of people giving glowing reviews of this live stream. Absolutely flawless with RLM comms which is exactly what the ACO/WEC should be looking to provide.

No excuses when you see what can be done.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3011331)   #98
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really good coverage on Motors TV. Very impressed about the amount of time this event is now getting.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:46 (Ref:3011337)   #99
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I'm back from work, just switching on Motors TV and live timing, and it seems I missed important action:

What happened to SP2 Viper #101, which was leading the class (running in the top 20 a few hours ago)? It's now listed in P36, with 10 pit stops (as much as the Megane Trophy which is now topping the class)

Also it seems the #2 was on track again after its right rear contact, yet it's now listed with a "?" status. What happened again?

EDIT: one more question, what is that purple (with white) flag waved by the marshal just now, Motors TV crew reporting it as a "code 60"?...
Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3011342)   #100
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyselegend View Post
EDIT: one more question, what is that purple (with white) flag waved by the marshal just now, Motors TV crew reporting it as a "code 60"?...
Equivalent of safety car/full-course caution conditions. All cars limited to 60 kph until green flag flies, makes a SC deployment redundant.