Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3011345)   #101
vyselegend
Racer

France
Paris, France
vyselegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Equivalent of safety car/full-course caution conditions. All cars limited to 60 kph until green flag flies, makes a SC deployment redundant.
Ah thanks. Indeed a pick-up was towing a poor Porsche back to the pits.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3011370)   #102
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm going to add my name to the list of people giving glowing reviews of this live stream. Absolutely flawless with RLM comms which is exactly what the ACO/WEC should be looking to provide.

No excuses when you see what can be done.
I think F1 are the people who should be looking at themselves before the ACO.

Anyway, it's just a shame the youtube stream is now just a fixed camera. Not even the S/F straight cameras and CCTV they use at Le Mans.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3011372)   #103
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Equivalent of safety car/full-course caution conditions. All cars limited to 60 kph until green flag flies, makes a SC deployment redundant.
I like it.

I know the FIA were trying to come up with a system that limited the speed of cars in F1 rather than a safety car but gave up. It seems like the perfect system, no chance of serious disadvantage due to the safety car gaps.
Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3011375)   #104
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
I like it.

I know the FIA were trying to come up with a system that limited the speed of cars in F1 rather than a safety car but gave up. It seems like the perfect system, no chance of serious disadvantage due to the safety car gaps.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Surely with the standard ECU it would only take a few days for a programmer to write the code for a system like Code 60 for F1? It surely can't be that difficult.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3011376)   #105
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
Off topic comment alert

Surely with the standard ECU it would only take a few days for a programmer to write the code for a system like Code 60 for F1? It surely can't be that difficult.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Off topic comment alert

I thought that too, but you know how the FIA works

Old 13 Jan 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3011388)   #106
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember to join the 10-Tenths chat:
The Ten Tenths Chatroom
Old 14 Jan 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3011472)   #107
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'm going to add my name to the list of people giving glowing reviews of this live stream. Absolutely flawless with RLM comms which is exactly what the ACO/WEC should be looking to provide.

No excuses when you see what can be done.
Yeah, I hope the Nurburgring 24h stream crowd are following this. I'm really over the last few years of having that crappy camera at the end of the pit straight with the headlights in your eyes for hours on end, during the night. Even the RLM guys are hard pressed keeping up with race action.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3011516)   #108
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
This is getting surreal now...
Old 14 Jan 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3011521)   #109
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
surreal?
Old 14 Jan 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3011528)   #110
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shame the directors missed Sandstrom's last-ditch attempt at third with two corners to go. Love to see stuff like that at the end of 24 hours.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 11:04 (Ref:3011531)   #111
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
results please? Have been too busy to follow the race although Im guesssing by the post above me that Schubert lost out by a small margin.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3011534)   #112
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
results please? Have been too busy to follow the race although Im guesssing by the post above me that Schubert lost out by a small margin.
Black Falcon, from the 2 Heico SLS's
Old 14 Jan 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3011540)   #113
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Black Falcon, from the 2 Heico SLS's
Thankyou. My bad thinking Schubert nearly lost, missed the bit about going for third. Which Black Falcon may I ask? Was it the sean edwards car?

Congrats to Black Falcon
Old 14 Jan 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3011543)   #114
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thankyou. My bad thinking Schubert nearly lost, missed the bit about going for third. Which Black Falcon may I ask? Was it the sean edwards car?
Edwards/Bleekemolen/Jager/al Qubaisi.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3011547)   #115
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Edwards/Bleekemolen/Jager/al Qubaisi.
Fantastic! Way to go Sean! And great to see Bleekemolen in the winning car too.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3011573)   #116
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
Quote:
surreal?
Watching Nick Daman frantically filling while a man tried to get a camel, atop which was Bernd Schneider, to kneel.

The director did miss quite a bit in the closing laps unfortunately, the pass for fifth and the spin at the end.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3011625)   #117
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok, so the rules weren't great but the field was interesting and the media coverage was great. Thanks to RLM for doing a great job of covering a lesser known event which is gaining prestige by the year.

An excellent run for Mercedes by both Black Falcon and Heico. Can't wait to see how the SLSs go at the Ring and Spa later in the year.

Blekemolen and Edwards were particularly fantastic. Every time I looked at the timing screen one of them had done another 2:05, perfectly above their benchmark. Maybe they couldn't drive as fast as they wanted but the pros were the most consistent and that got them the victory.

Disappointing that the Ferraris and the JRM Nissan had so much trouble. They would've added a lot to the lead battle.

Finally, congrats to Optimum and Ginetta on their class victory.

Looking forward to see how the event develops with the increased awareness and media coverage.
Old 14 Jan 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3011645)   #118
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
One can only hope that these rules don't catch on. The prodrivers seemed to be rightly ****ed off.. this has nothing to do with racing.

Creventic has some good measures in place (the Code 60, just four mechanics to work on cars to save costs) but this goes a step to far. Rules that prevent drivers from going as fast as the car currently allows violate the spirit of racing in my book.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3012047)   #119
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was the only part of the race I didn't like. And it's hardly understandable. Unless the fact the race didn't garner much international interest forced them to take this measure to ensure that the few PROs that went wouldn't run away with the race after 2 hours. It would be good to understand why they implemented this.

The Code 60 rule is actually something that would really improve ALMS and their constant FCY haha but the FCY in ALMS is meant to 're-start' battles so this wouldn't work. But for 24 hour races, this would be a great thing.

Really nice to have pretty competitive racing this early in the year nowadays. Was quite enjoyable and fun in the Chatroom! Bring on Daytona!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 01:48 (Ref:3012148)   #120
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An argument against Code 60 would be the fact that bunching the field up with a Safety Car is actually a safety feature if people have to work on the track. The cars go by once in a long line and then the marshals can be certain that nothing else will come along for quite some time. That's why I wouldn't replace FCY with Code 60 outright, but use each when it's appropriate.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3012156)   #121
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the other side of the coin, where the majority of the field is in a conga line behind the safety car, and there are a couple of stragglers speeding around the track to make it to the back of the pack.
I've seen drivers going fairly quickly under safety car conditions...
Old 16 Jan 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3012224)   #122
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The code 60 works well in Dubai as the circuit has enormous run off areas which allows recovery vehicles to get to the cars without too many safety implications. As a rule marshals do not go track side under a code 60 flag unless there is a sever risk of loss of life and even then it is done under orders from Race Control