Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Sep 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1702290)   #26
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
DanielFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
I think endurance racing.
It would not surprise me if he will race in Japanese Super GT next year.
I think so, ...
but during the TV coverage of Zandvoort, MotorsTV's speaker said that Norbert Haug want Jean to stay in DTM next year and they agreed to speak about that

wait and see
the good new is that Jean will certainly drive next year
Old 5 Sep 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1702318)   #27
DanielFR
Rookie

France
Lyon - France
DanielFR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jean says on his website today that he met Norbert and was very pleased with his behavior.
Jean says that considering this seasons result and his good relationship with the team Persson he may stay one year more

(sorry, only in french)
Je sais, je vous ai annoncé mon retrait du DTM Ã* la fin de la saison. Depuis ma décision et l’annonce correspondante, de nouveaux évènements sont cependant venus motiver une reprise de ma réflexion et des négociations avec Mercedes.

Norbert Haug m’a rencontré Ã* ce sujet et j’ai été très touché par sa démarche, par ses arguments et par les développements possibles dans le cadre d’une poursuite de ma carrière en DTM.

Norbert est un professionnel hors pair, que j’apprécie depuis le début de notre collaboration. Il a su me faire reconsidérer ma position. A la lumière de mes bons résultats, mais aussi des excellents rapports entre mon écurie Persson et moi-même, je suis aujourd’hui prêt Ã* réviser mon jugement et Ã* envisager d’effectuer une saison de plus en DTM avec Persson.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1702414)   #28
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The DTM might return to Singen next year
Old 5 Sep 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1702563)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
The DTM might return to Singen next year
I can't remember the layout of this circuit but I am sure it's good news.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1702593)   #30
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically it was a bunch of 90° corners + chicanes, the friday night practice was legendary

http://strecke.alemannenring.de/alem...der/index.html
Old 5 Sep 2006, 18:50 (Ref:1702607)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
Basically it was a bunch of 90° corners + chicanes, the friday night practice was legendary

http://strecke.alemannenring.de/alem...der/index.html
http://strecke.alemannenring.de/alem...20ee131e11.jpg

Watching these pictures I can remember again the jumping 4WD DTM cars on the curbs.
Old 8 Sep 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1705321)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
ASM, Carlin, iSport and/or Team Essex (=John Nielsen) in DTM?

Quote:
Crack single-seater outfit ASM are among a host of potential new DTM entrants for next season, reveals this week's Autosport magazine.

ASM, currently leading the Formula Three Euroseries, are understood to be on the verge of concluding a deal to run a pair of Mercedes in the 2007 touring car series.

F3 points leader Paul di Resta and Alexandre Premat - who races for sister squad ART Grand Prix's GP2 team and helped win the inaugural A1 Grand Prix of Nations title for the ASM-run Team France - are expected to be the drivers.

British F3 and World Series by Renault frontrunners Carlin Motorsport are also investigating options in the DTM/Euro F3 package.

"My ideal scenario would be running a DTM team and an F3 Euroseries team," said team boss Trevor Carlin at last weekend's Zandvoort meeting.

"It's unlikely we'd do Euroseries without a DTM programme."

Leading members of GP2 team iSport also checked out DTM possibilities at Zandvoort, while sportscar legend John Nielsen is considering moving his Team Essex operation from the Danish Touring Car Championship to the DTM next year.
Full article

Carlin was already linked to a DTM entry a couple of months ago.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1707016)   #33
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2006 Porsche Supercup Champion Richard Westbrook has been linked to a DTM drive as mentioned by Gareth Rees on today's coverage at Monza.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1707069)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
2006 Porsche Supercup Champion Richard Westbrook has been linked to a DTM drive as mentioned by Gareth Rees on today's coverage at Monza.
Mercedes?

And Gary Paffet, will he return to DTM?
Old 10 Sep 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1707422)   #35
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Mercedes?

And Gary Paffet, will he return to DTM?
Good point, if Hamilton pinches the drive I think his Formula One ticket has effectively been stolen.

Though moving on is better than moving back, maybe Champcar or GP2
Old 11 Sep 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1707841)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Good point, if Hamilton pinches the drive I think his Formula One ticket has effectively been stolen.

Though moving on is better than moving back, maybe Champcar or GP2
IMO DTM is not a move back (except if he gets a 2 year old car).
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1708178)   #37
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmm, now that Schumacher has announced his retirement from F1, I wonder if we could see him race in the '07 DTM in a MB?? -- he previously raced a 190E before.

Or could he made race director for Alfa for their '07 DTM season with the 159s???

yes, all of the above is pure speculation, but wouldn't that be interesting!!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1708192)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I don't think we will see Schumi back in a racing series.

But I hope he returns in a scarlet Alfa Romeo (WTCC or DTM).
Old 11 Sep 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1708300)   #39
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
hmmm, now that Schumacher has announced his retirement from F1, I wonder if we could see him race in the '07 DTM in a MB?? -- he previously raced a 190E before.

Or could he made race director for Alfa for their '07 DTM season with the 159s???
Unfortunately it seems he will continue working in Ferrari. A shame, he would be a real addition for touring car world.

However I didn´t lose my hopes.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1708431)   #40
kmchow
Veteran

I wonder if there are rule provisions or if Audi/MB will allow '04 cars to race in '07??? They would be going on 4 years?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1709050)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
I wonder if there are rule provisions or if Audi/MB will allow '04 cars to race in '07??? They would be going on 4 years?
Do they need the '04 cars?

The last few years both Mercedes and Audi builded 4 new cars. So without the '04 cars there will be 12 cars available (2 more than this year):
4x '07 cars
4x '06 cars
4x '05 cars
Old 13 Sep 2006, 01:45 (Ref:1709291)   #42
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Do they need the '04 cars?

The last few years both Mercedes and Audi builded 4 new cars. So without the '04 cars there will be 12 cars available (2 more than this year):
4x '07 cars
4x '06 cars
4x '05 cars
From what I gather with the DTM/WTCC, it's not about if they need 04 cars, it's will they allow them or sell them to independents. If they sell them cheap enough, I'm sure there could be F3000 or other teams that could run them. What about the Ruch brothers who used to run the Mustangs? It would be nice to have them race again?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 02:50 (Ref:1709306)   #43
flor
Veteran

I doubt someone like the Ruch brothers could afford to race in the DTM we have now, even if they could buy/lease/rent a 3 year old car cheap they would still need at least 15 mechanics for a competitive pitstop plus several engineers, thats probably 4 times more than the Ruch's had back in the days.

Last edited by flor; 13 Sep 2006 at 02:54.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1709368)   #44
Tibbett
Rookie

Tibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conclusion: DTM was way better in the old days
Old 13 Sep 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1709381)   #45
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just wait for next year. If anything this season shows that last years cars can be competitive on occasion with right team and driver. And certainly the likes of ASM, Carlin, Flash engineering and iSport are the right teams.

It could be a really interesting turn of fortunes for DTM.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1709416)   #46
Tibbett
Rookie

Tibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is they will have to change regulations dramatically to survive.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1734136)   #47
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirk Müller and Mike Rockenfeller are suggested like possible drivers for Audi in 2007. Source is Auto hebdo Sport.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1734352)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbett
Conclusion: DTM was way better in the old days

Current WTCC cars with 2.5l 350-400bhp engines, larger tyres and sexier bodywork is what the DTM should be in future years.

Powerful, production based touring cars.

Lets admit it, the current DTM isn't touring car racing.

Last edited by JAG; 10 Oct 2006 at 18:17.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1734379)   #49
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Lets admit it, the current DTM isn't touring car racing.
Like anyone cares The car are spectacular, the racing is very good and the fans are going to the tracks or watch the tv coverage. So everyone is happy touring cars or not.
Old 10 Oct 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1734512)   #50
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The manufactuers are 'paying' millions of Euros to pay for free tickets and massive promotions, as a two manufactuer series doesn't compare to the 80's/90's Group A days.

Spectacular 'touring cars' should comprise of packed grids, bumper to bumper racing, multi manufactuers, an excess of power and production derived chassis.

Not sparse fields comprising of purpose built prototypes clothed in saloon bodywork.

IMO, the current DTM is financially unviable, without Mercedes it would be no more.

With only Mercedes and one other manufactuer it will soon become stale.

Last edited by JAG; 10 Oct 2006 at 20:44.