Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Oct 2006, 01:11 (Ref:1753186)   #76
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbett
You're kidding right? Ekström will not leave Audi, nor will he be fired. Look how many bad years Tomczyk had and he's still there.

Frentzen on the other hand will leave Audi, i'm sure.
Unless Tomczyk is bringing his own sponsors or has some connection to somebody high up, then he won't lose a drive even if he's an average driver?
Old 30 Oct 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1753286)   #77
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
His father, Hermann Tomczyk, is ADAC-Sport president and previously vice president of DMSB (Deutscher Motor Sport Bund)...
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1753532)   #78
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi fires back at HHF a bit http://www.dtm.de/newsausgabe.php?id=4967
I think it's pretty much over for HH and Audi. If he doesn't reincarnate somewhere in DTM I won't miss him much frankly. Especially after him spewing-off at his team like that.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1753611)   #79
Tibbett
Rookie

Tibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest speculation is that Frentzen wants to go to Nascar :')
Old 30 Oct 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1753620)   #80
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hehehe, that Brands crash had consequences after all
Old 30 Oct 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1753632)   #81
Tibbett
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
Hehehe, that Brands crash had consequences after all
Consequences to his brain
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:01 (Ref:1753701)   #82
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Audi and Frentzen go their separate ways
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1753712)   #83
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Who could replace Frentzen next year? My candidates: Allan McNish, Dirk Muller or Timo Scheider.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1753735)   #84
Tibbett
Rookie

My money's on Dirk Müller
Old 31 Oct 2006, 11:22 (Ref:1754322)   #85
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And if we get real lucky Tibbett, it'll be the Craftsman Truck Series
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1754339)   #86
Tibbett
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Craftman sounds German, so maybe he'll feel welcome there

2007 NASCAR Nextel Cup championship battle: Montoya vs Frentzen
Old 31 Oct 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1754607)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I just read an article which was written by his former pressofficer at Opel. According him Frentzen showed interest in NASCAR. So is maybe a bit early...
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:58 (Ref:1754844)   #88
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I can't imagine there's a single NASCAR team that woud be the least bit interested in Heinz-Harald's services. It's not like he has a JPM or JV following in North America and there are plenty of good US drivers (with their own following) available.

But, hey, if it were up to me, I'd love to watch Heinz-Harald at least one race bombing around an oval track in one of those Craftsman trucks - "six days on the road and he's a gonna bring it home tonight" - the whole idea's hilarious.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 00:05 (Ref:1754848)   #89
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I can't imagine there's a single NASCAR team that woud be the least bit interested in Heinz-Harald's services. It's not like he has a JPM or JV following in North America and there are plenty of good US drivers (with their own following) available.

But, hey, if it were up to me, I'd love to watch Heinz-Harald at least one race bombing around an oval track in one of those Craftsman trucks - "six days on the road and he's a gonna bring it home tonight" - the whole idea's hilarious.
Yeah, Frentzen to NASCAR's a no brainer...

A Sportscar programme, even a Champcar one, certainly possible.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1754920)   #90
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
According him Frentzen showed interest in NASCAR.
Interested in Nascar type of racing or Nascar paycheques? Nascar pays it's drivers very well.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1757210)   #91
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Who could replace Frentzen next year? My candidates: Allan McNish, Dirk Muller or Timo Scheider.
could be richard westbrook
Old 3 Nov 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1757213)   #92
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
He is indeed named to switch to DTM.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1758274)   #93
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
What's Thed Björk up to next season, another year in Sweden? Sorry, too much work sifting through 272 posts in the STCC speculation thread.

I'd like to see how Björk goes in DTM full time; esp. in one of the new cars.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1758475)   #94
DPRacing
Racer

Sweden
Lund
DPRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's Thed Björk up to next season, another year in Sweden? Sorry, too much work sifting through 272 posts in the STCC speculation thread.

If Audi wants him in DTM, will he race in DTM next year.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1758510)   #95
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The Swedish Audi team works hard to get Björk into DTM.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 02:17 (Ref:1758635)   #96
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
The Swedish Audi team works hard to get Björk into DTM.
But then the Swedish Audi team will lose a good driver? OTOH, I guess KMS may have to give him up to pay Audi back for all the support they've gotten them from in STCC? OTOH, perhaps his involvement will bring more Swedish fans to the DTM fold...and perhaps even a DTM round in the future? Getting too ahead of myself right now?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1758742)   #97
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
But then the Swedish Audi team will lose a good driver? OTOH, I guess KMS may have to give him up to pay Audi back for all the support they've gotten them from in STCC? OTOH, perhaps his involvement will bring more Swedish fans to the DTM fold...and perhaps even a DTM round in the future? Getting too ahead of myself right now?
It's one of the goals of KMS (Swedish Audi team) to promote good drivers to higher level series like the DTM - they've been trying that with Fredrik Ekblom for years. It gives them good PR and ties them closer with Audi, wich in turn allows them to suck mor support out from Abt Sportsline.
I don't think that we'll see a DTM round in Sweden. It's not a big enough country and we're already interested in DTM - better to expand into new markets. That's from the orgainzational point of view, but I as a Swede would love to have a DTM round here. Mantorp Park, maybe?
As a side note, I suppose Roger Eriksson from JTCC could replace Björk?
Old 7 Nov 2006, 11:54 (Ref:1759868)   #98
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italiaracing.net reports Jaime Melo has a scheduled test with Mercedes at Hockenheim.
Old 7 Nov 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1760208)   #99
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
According Autosport Valentino Rossi will test a Mercedes later this week: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55530
Old 7 Nov 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1760283)   #100
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
According Autosport Valentino Rossi will test a Mercedes later this week: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55530
Yes, but Rossi has been on the way to Formula One for how many years now? When he lines up at the grid in a four-wheeled racing car I will believe it.