Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 2011, 19:21 (Ref:2984480)   #651
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.bigboystoys.co.nz/drive.htm

Quote:
The V8 SuperTourers will be at Big Boys Toys with their V8 Supertourer Prototype Racer and the drivers competing in the 2012 series. The V8 Supertourers series is headed by double world touring champion Paul Radisich. This is a chance for you to meet iconic V8 Drivers such as Radisich, Johnny Mac and Andy Booth.
There will be Driver Signing Sessions on Saturday & Sunday for 45 minutes each from –
  • 11:30am – 12:15pm
  • 2:00pm – 2:45pm
There is also a chance to WIN a hotlap with Greg Murphy in the V8 SuperTourer.

anyone going?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2984510)   #652
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Hi 'Macros'
happy to also add that not only will the VE2 prototype be there but it will also be sporting the new rear wing.

I spoke to Garry Pedersen yesterday and they are confident that they will also have the first FG Falcon at the show However not 100 percent finished, but on its wheels and all stickered up in its new United Video livery.

We will also have a number of other Star Drivers there including Kayne Scott, and Paul Manuel. It a pity that the event clash's with Sandown otherwise both Murph and Cameron McConville were keen to come over.

Even I will be there at some point over the weekend.

Mark Petch,
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2984514)   #653
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Mark,

Heard a rumour that the Falcons and the commodores will be running the same wing and front splitters (assuming with different headlights of course).

CHEERS.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2984516)   #654
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour? Wasn't the wing being on both confirmed weeks ago?

From the JMR Facebook page:
Old 11 Nov 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2984543)   #655
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
MarioNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
The new Wing ready for testing:

Yes it was Biggy, and by your good self

Looks pretty bad ass IMO! Although I don't think I'd want to be replacing them too often ($$)
Old 11 Nov 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2984544)   #656
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Possibly (haven't done the FB thing), What about the front slpitters tho?
Old 11 Nov 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2984556)   #657
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZY PEEL View Post
Possibly (haven't done the FB thing), What about the front slpitters tho?
No idea but I would assume it makes sense for them to be the same - assuming you're defining the splitter as the 'beak' protruding forward from the front bumper? Don't V8SC have the same splitter and undertray on both cars but attached to bumpers that follow the (general) shape of the road car?

Disclaimer: This is entirely my own perception based on what I see on the cars and has no basis in actual fact what so ever
Old 12 Nov 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2984568)   #658
Biggy G
Veteran

From what I understand the front bumpers will still be individual to each brand, but the "lip" we recently saw on the VE Prototype with the step up in front of the air intake will be used by both brands.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 03:08 (Ref:2984631)   #659
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
From what I understand the front bumpers will still be individual to each brand, but the "lip" we recently saw on the VE Prototype with the step up in front of the air intake will be used by both brands.
Hi 'Biggy G'
If you pop along to Big Boys toys you will see the differences between the Holden and the Ford "front bars" although they look quite different, because of the grill and headlights, they are in fact exactly the same from the top of the bumper line down.

Paul Ceprnich, the cars designer, wanted to avoid the continuing arguments between the Australian V8 Supercar teams about the existing areo difference of the FG Falcon and VE Commodore, so from an areo point of view our cars are identical at the front.
Old 12 Nov 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2984639)   #660
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi 'Biggy G'
If you pop along to Big Boys toys ...
haha, i'm not sure a flight from Christchurch to Auckland could be considered as "popping along"
Old 13 Nov 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2985133)   #661
Biggy G
Veteran

So who is the sponsor that has seemingly been "poached"?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion...of-making-grid
Old 13 Nov 2011, 04:15 (Ref:2985259)   #662
MarioNZ
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
Quote:
So who is the sponsor that has seemingly been "poached"?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/opinion...of-making-grid
Ouch, well given that Murph's so grumpy about it I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it was "poached" from his team???
Old 13 Nov 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2985478)   #663
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hate to speculate Mario, so we will see what plays out.

Unless someone told a fib, M3 Racing was meant to be M4 Racing, and now this happens.

Cam can't really hide now that Murph has outed him, however no one is perfect.

So worked up was Murph, that he spoke in terms of last year as 2011 with respect to Tasmania, so a button has been pushed somewhere.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 22:49 (Ref:2985888)   #664
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Hate to speculate Mario, so we will see what plays out.

Unless someone told a fib, M3 Racing was meant to be M4 Racing, and now this happens.

Cam can't really hide now that Murph has outed him, however no one is perfect.

So worked up was Murph, that he spoke in terms of last year as 2011 with respect to Tasmania, so a button has been pushed somewhere.
JDI,
Every team is limited to 3 cars under the franchise agreement, so there never was an M4

Cameron McConville was signed to drive MSC's entry at least a month before MSC put together a two car team with the sponsor Murph is talking about.

I understand Greg's concern, but it has absolutely nothing to do with Cameron, and at the end of the day nobody ever owns a sponsor unless the have a 'cast iron' agreement with that company. That was certainly not the case in this instance, however its is not our, V8ST's, business. We did know Cams deal was locked in nearly two months ago but were told in confidence, and we respected that confidence as our subsequent action's attest to.

Mark Petch.
Managing Director.
V8SuperTourers Ltd.

Last edited by Mark Petch; 13 Nov 2011 at 22:52. Reason: spelling
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2985900)   #665
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good interview on Gillette Motorsport yesterday with Paul Radisich, and TV advertisements are now appearing for the upcoming series. It appears a lot of work and thought is being put not only the car building, the the running of the series itself

Conrad
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2985906)   #666
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
interesting that Paul claimed the STs are faster than the V8 Supercars and that NZ has never had a class that was faster than the V8 Supercars.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2985909)   #667
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2985921)   #668
MS Fan
Rookie

New Zealand
Wellington
MS Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see JMR are advertising their second car as being available, budget required. There is an ad on this page of nzracer.

http://www.nzracer.com/paddon-takes-...of-season.html
Old 14 Nov 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2985936)   #669
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry

I though Paul did an excellent job yesterday on TV3, really big-upping the ST's, and basically throwing a sucker punch at the BNT's by saying that this is nothing like what this country has seen before......i mean for god sake did anyone actually watch that rubbish at Puke last week, no in car coverage (which they had last year) and their CoTF still with a carb and 4 speed g/box....just a joke but i had to laugh when Foggy crashed out.....diddums

SuperTourers really do seem to be gathering momentum and having the Rat as CEO is icing on the cake IMO, he's a well respected racer and businessman who will make the series exciting, and i hope comparable with the current V8SCA presentation that we see on TV here.

Also, many of us knew months ago that the ST was gunna be faster that a V8SC, and more than likely their CoTF.....hence why big names have been bandied about for this series (i even heard J-Dub on one forum presumably for the enduros??)

Also, while i'm here, is there another way to get tickets for Hamptons in feb next year? i Have tried to do it online buts its failed each time. Any help is appreciated
Old 14 Nov 2011, 01:52 (Ref:2985955)   #670
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
this series was faster than V8 supercars too

it had drivers like Steve Millen, Jim Richards, Peter Brock, Dick Johnson, Paul Radisich, etc
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:05 (Ref:2985957)   #671
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Also, many of us knew months ago that the ST was gunna be faster that a V8SC, and more than likely their CoTF.....hence why big names have been bandied about for this series (i even heard J-Dub on one forum presumably for the enduros??)
any proof of this? difficult to compare a lap from a test session to an actual lap from an actual race meeting it's not difficult to run the car light with decent rubber to "do a time" for the media. i'm kinda curious to see if ls7 can actual last the distance. it doesn't sound as if it's as bulletproof as we've been told.

so who is this guy J-Dub?

and why does he want to race a ST?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2985963)   #672
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
are you sure the NZV8 CoTF didn't have a Quaife 6 Speed? engine-wise.. i think they were using a carb engine as they were sure if a LS7 would last if too many LS7sdon't let go.. they may find their way into the VE CoTF
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:47 (Ref:2985975)   #673
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it really? What is your benchmark to make that claim?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 02:59 (Ref:2985977)   #674
EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Quote:
How do you figure that? Have V8SC run at Hampton Downs or has Jacko been testing a secret second prototype in Australia?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2985979)   #675
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZY PEEL View Post
has Jacko been testing a secret second prototype in Australia?
maybe out at Woomera
Closed Thread