Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3210604)   #151
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
True, everyone uses the words "next gen" so easily.... we will find out in few hours whether they are truly going to innovate or it is just another marketing/pr team using strong words to catch attention ... At least we can dream about it for few more hours
Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:49 (Ref:3210605)   #152
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
How long until the actual announcement? I'll be at work so hoping to amuse myself in my lunch break
Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3210606)   #153
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
5hrs 10 Minutes from now..
Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3210607)   #154
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
You're too early:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...10&min=0&sec=0

Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3210608)   #155
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is it 01:00 GMT or CET?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3210610)   #156
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
GMT.

Radio Le Mans gets live 5 min. prior to that.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3210612)   #157
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Is it 01:00 GMT or CET?
01:00 GMT / 02:00 GMT+1
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3210615)   #158
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!MyNameIsNigel has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
They keep using "The Next Generation Of Performance" and that could be another hint. IF we assume the words are used correctly, "Next Generation" is a strong statement that should mean something really new and different, not just another house making an LMP1 car and competing with the rest following existing rules...
So Nissan/Nismo would like to do something completely new, on their own or with some partner ? Well, I would rather hope it's related to LMP1, LMP2 or GTE. We do not need something "new", we need more commitment from constructors under the "next generation" rules
Old 25 Feb 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3210662)   #159
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here's some of my thoughts.

Next generation- that may not be literal, but it may signify something geared towards the future (no not Grand Am's #TheFuture). We have new 2014 regulations for LMP1 and F1. Just earlier today on Autosport, Renault released images of their V6 engine for 2014's F1 rules. So we can assume that's not it. So possibly LMP1 is left.

Nismo Performance Cars- With a new line of Nismo vehicles that includes the 370Z, could we see a racing version of this car? Perhaps GTE? Maybe the GTR? They did say they had news on their GT3 GTR. So there may be something involved with that car as well.

SuperGT/DTM link up- They have expressed interest in DTM before, and with the common rules in 2014, perhaps they will announce or give details of a double entry of GT500/DTM car?

I wouldn't mind any of the above.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3210687)   #160
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO have put a Nismo video on Le Mans TV: http://www.lemans-tv.com/#21258
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:35 (Ref:3210691)   #161
MyNameIsNigel
Veteran

Switzerland
Lake Geneva Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep16 View Post
The ACO have put a Nismo video on Le Mans TV: http://www.lemans-tv.com/#21258
Motorsport accessible... Seems to strengthen the belief that the announcement could relate to some global customer-oriented programme.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3210692)   #162
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
The plot thickens...this has to mean something...right?
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3210695)   #163
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Starting to have doubts now. Apparently Darren Cox has said to one Twitter user it isn't a P1 or P2. Not sure if he's being truthful or what.

P1 with some kind of new twist?

I have no idea so I'm just going to go sit in a darkened room until the announcement.

Last edited by Simmi; 25 Feb 2013 at 21:50.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3210698)   #164
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
One make Nissan Deltawing Challenge series. One step up from the Playstation Academy...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3210699)   #165
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've always thought WEC from the start. Immediately, P1 seemed the most likely possiblity.

Its been hyped by all of the following parties in some way:
FIA WEC, ACO, Radio LeMans and Dailysportscar.

I don't see how its mostly a road car announcement, and I don't see how its DTM with the above promoting it. They've mentioned the word global more than once so we have to eliminate any national series/races. That leaves only the WEC.

To bring out the CEO, you would have to be in one of the premier classes leaving only P1 or GTE. I guess it could be a GTR or 370Z for GTE with the academy guys but I don't think either of those cars really fit in the class leaving a P1 announcement as the most likely case.

*I guess it could be some funky Garage 56 announcement or a JukeLeaf Electric car single make WEC support series type of thing....that would be extremely disappointing.

...Should probably lower my expectations as to not be disappointed in a couple of hours.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:52 (Ref:3210704)   #166
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
... it isn't a P1 or P2.....
Yeah?

Just watched the video ep16 posted above, thank you for posting it!.... Don't you feel there was way too much passion starting at 2:10, about a project that is part of the past? ... This video is actually much better teaser than the official "teaser" they put on the streaming site!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3210705)   #167
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The plot thickens...this has to mean something...right?
It's very clear from this video that Nismo is planning to...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3210706)   #168
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree with all that pach233.

I think if I was anything Garage 56'y the ACO would want to be over there and involved in the announcement. I suppose there might be someone from the FIA/ACO there?

The P1 regs should give them the platform they need to be innovative. It's just an issue of costs and desire. I think if they do make the plunge they'll want to do it on their terms and there will be some sort of 'angle'.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3210708)   #169
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Starting to have doubts now. Apparently Darren Cox has said to one Twitter user it isn't a P1 or P2.
I'm sorry but then they have shot themselves in the foot PR wise...it's not exactly smart getting everyones hopes up only to present us some DeltaWing Part 2 type of nonsense.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3210712)   #170
deltawing
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
One make Nissan Deltawing Challenge series. One step up from the Playstation Academy...
Interesting. You are most probably the closest, whether anyone is going to like it or not....

The thing here is that "innovate and excite" are not always two words that would go well together for everyone. They chose to use them a lot, but not all innovations "excite" everyone equally (of at all).
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3210714)   #171
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I'm sorry but then they have shot themselves in the foot PR wise...it's not exactly smart getting everyones hopes up only to present us some DeltaWing Part 2 type of nonsense.
Agreed there will certainly be a backlash. But let's see. There's not a lot to say now really.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3210716)   #172
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
I don't know, I would kind of lose a lot of respect for Nissan if they go that route again.

I felt like what they did at Le Mans last year was a bit cheap already, getting P1-type media exposure without taking much of a risk and actually going the P1 route.

They've done that now, it's time to run with the big boys. Another "we want to be around and get a slice of the PR pie without having to race real competition" kind of deal would be rather tiresome imo.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3210725)   #173
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Has someone broken the embargo already?

Marcel ten Caat ‏@dsceuroeditor
Why do I even bother respecting embargoes...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3210728)   #174
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
^ https://twitter.com/dsceuroeditor

"Some Belgian site"
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3210729)   #175
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
So what did that article say?