Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race in China?
Sebastian Vettel 97 71.85%
Mark Webber 15 11.11%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Rubens Barrichello 0 0%
Heikki Kovalainen 1 0.74%
Lewis Hamilton 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 13 9.63%
Adrian Sutil 8 5.93%
Other 1 0.74%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2444568)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver list

All the drivers' names should appear in the poll. That way it'll be easier to glance at the whole situation without having to read the posts to know who 'Other' was (not that I don't read the thread).
Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:17 (Ref:2444576)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think he is the kind of guy who apologises for everything, you do meet people like that. It's almost as if they apologise because it could have been different rather than because they are actually to blame.
I think I know what you're getting at with that. Vettel's also the kind of guy who I could see showing the stereotypically English trait of apologising when you bump into him/tread on his foot.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2444598)   #28
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Vettel but it was a tough call between him, Buemi and Glock. But Vettel made the zero mistake job where Buemi ruined his nose on Vettels car and Glock had a great drive from the very back end but had this bad luck contact with Heidfeld.

The king of spin award goes to Hamilton since he was quite often off track. not that it would have slowed him much but it was just too often.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2444614)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel really,with mentions for Webber,Button and also Barrichello who actually got fastest lap!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2444684)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel, Sutil and Buemi the standouts today. Vettel gets it.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2444690)   #31
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two questions for those saying Sutil had a race worthy of DOR mention, and the 3 that voted for him.

1/ How many spins and off track excursions did he have?

2/ Whose fault is it that he didnt finish the race?

Sure he is in a bad car, but the fact he was there shows he was the best of those having bad days spinning every 7-10 laps. His day ended when an excursion was that little bit more serious then his earlier attempts at ending his race.

Buemi though i fully agree. It was great to see him dicing and having a go. Three Red Bull Technology/Engineering cars looked good in the wet. One didnt
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2444698)   #32
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I know he's German but it has to be Vettel, but for someone who likes The Beatles and Monty Pythons "Life of Brian" he must be OK
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2444701)   #33
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil drove a good race, closing in on good points. Glock was a bit scrappy but very quick. Buemi and Webber were good. But it can only be Sebastian Vettel.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:08 (Ref:2444703)   #34
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and I thought Kovy did a good job.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2444725)   #35
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel had a perfect weekend and was the class of the field.
Buemi did a great job, despite his moment with Vettel, and Sutil, yet again was very unlucky. The rest, average, apart from Hamilton who had a Massa of a day.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2444730)   #36
Canberra>karter
Rookie

Canberra>karter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel of course.

Massa was actually in the early running for best of the rest. Button, Webber and Buemi where runners up.

Hamilton tried to take out the Massa "pirouet" award this year
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:07 (Ref:2444738)   #37
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canberra>karter View Post

Hamilton tried to take out the Massa "pirouet" award this year
We should call it "pirquet"
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2444743)   #38
Canberra>karter
Rookie

Canberra>karter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
We should call it "pirquet"
lol
I didn't bother spell checking, so when I did and found it's spelt pirouette I still didn't understand the joke, it took a while!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2444751)   #39
Rafael
Racer

Brazil
Brasilia, Brazil
Rafael should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buemi. A great drive for Toro Rosso (and almost ruined Vettel's victory...)
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2444771)   #40
wannab-aracer
Racer

England
England
wannab-aracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can only be Vettel for me.

Thought Hamilton was looking good, but must have been taking notes from
"How to drive a race car in the wet around Silvertone" by F.Massa
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2444780)   #41
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
All the drivers' names should appear in the poll. That way it'll be easier to glance at the whole situation without having to read the posts to know who 'Other' was (not that I don't read the thread).
Not possible, unless the grid is going down to just 10 drivers...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2444786)   #42
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I voted for the impossible-to-dislike Seb Vettel.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2444805)   #43
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
One of the easist DOR polls of recent times!!!

Old 19 Apr 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2444814)   #44
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor Jenson.
Starts 5th, finishes a comfortable 3rd in awful conditions and doesn't get a single vote. I bet Hamilton would have. How times change.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2444819)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think so. He ran well but the RBR's were just so dominant. He was in damage limitation mode from the time he passed Rubens. And whilst Rubens got fastest lap it was at a time when he was way behind the car in front and therefore was able to put the foot down. I do think there's less hype around Button but that may be due to a certain contrition on the part of the UK journos who vilified him when he first arrived.

It's a bit like Webber though. He goes really well, for the second time this year, gets his best finish, yet is outshone by Vettel.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2444826)   #46
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Poor Jenson.
Starts 5th, finishes a comfortable 3rd in awful conditions and doesn't get a single vote. I bet Hamilton would have. How times change.
Not really a surprise, a standout drive like Vettel's today usually generates a landslide - look at the poll results from Monza last year. OK, Lewis got a few votes, but the trend is the same as now. Also quite a few people have given Jenson an honourary mention, and I'll add my name to that list too - but my vote goes to Vettel. He was pretty much flawless all weekend.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2444827)   #47
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant answer this one, but if Vettel had won as many GPs as say Alonso and won the GP from the lead, would we still have voted for Vettel? mean qualified on pole and led from the start in what was the fastest car on the grid? I hope i would say yes, but maybe not, i think because its Vettels 2nd win, combined with his age and conditions that meant such a controlling race was enough to justify his DOR.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2444837)   #48
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A really hard vote today for me.

Vettel drove really well out in front today, while Webber drove almost the entire race in another drivers spray.

Vettel earned his pole with a brilliant qualy. Webber had more fuel on at the start, but was inexplicably brought in earlier than Vettel for some reason - like Monaco a few years ago - and this guarunteed Vettel had the advantaged track position.

Both drivers made passes, Vettel a regulation down the inside pass, and Webber around the outside of Button.

Both drivers made mistakes, Vettel pulling out and slowing down so that the entire track was covered by two cars' spray and blinding Buemi; Webber slipped in the puddle albeit neatly through the over-run tarmac and then back on track leaving Button plenty of room.

Whatever can be said of Vettels race, Webber's was actually much harder and better executed.

On this basis I think it is quite clear that Webber had the better race. So I voted for him.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2444864)   #49
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Webber for some fantastic moves on Button..
Old 19 Apr 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2444929)   #50
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me.. Lead from (safety car) lights to flag, hardly troubled all race, and had pace to spare when he needed it.
Honourable mention to Webber though; nice combative drive. And also to Buemi... Bourdais must be a very worried chap right now.
At the other nd of the scale, how much longer can Renault waste a car on Piquet... truly dismal!