Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 May 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3073788)   #1
pi0ter
Rookie

Poland
Poland
pi0ter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Round 3 - Brands Hatch

We're only a week away from the DTM event at Brands Hatch, so I think it's a good time to start a thread.

Any ideas who can shine at Brands? It would be a nice story to see Andy Priaulx winning. I hope the race will be a great show.

And BTW, anyone is going by car from London and has a spot avaliable? If yes, I'm iterested, and of course I would share the costs. Access by public transport is nightmare, that I've already experienced during BTCC meeting.
Old 13 May 2012, 17:32 (Ref:3073868)   #2
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pi0ter View Post
We're only a week away from the DTM event at Brands Hatch, so I think it's a good time to start a thread.

Any ideas who can shine at Brands? It would be a nice story to see Andy Priaulx winning. I hope the race will be a great show.

And BTW, anyone is going by car from London and has a spot avaliable? If yes, I'm iterested, and of course I would share the costs. Access by public transport is nightmare, that I've already experienced during BTCC meeting.
pi0ter,
I'll be marshalling there on Sunday. Have to drive through central London, but will need to be there early, 7 -7.30am.
Send me a PM if this is any use.
Old 14 May 2012, 14:46 (Ref:3074388)   #3
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really looking forward to this event, hopefully BMW and Priaulx can get a good result

they were allready setting up for the DTM event when i was there on Saturday, looked like its was gonna be a huge temporary building for bmw promo / guests

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...in/photostream
Old 14 May 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3074397)   #4
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be good, however, I'd much prefer if they were on the full GP circuit. The cars are too much for the Indy circuit, they'd be far better on the GP track were they can stretch their legs.
Old 14 May 2012, 18:39 (Ref:3074497)   #5
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I know what you mean. Apparently it is so the fans can see the whole race unfold.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 14 May 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3074546)   #6
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I hope that Audi can bounce back, because they had a bad start.
Old 15 May 2012, 07:49 (Ref:3074687)   #7
Touringcarfanatic
Rookie

Touringcarfanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be possible for anyone to grab me a program?

Ill pay cost and shipping to Australia
Old 16 May 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3075182)   #8
yesnomaybe
Racer

does anyone know where will the results for the DTM and support races be published online? I'm pretty sure TSL aren't doing it and i dont really want to buy a program, just to get the drivers names.
Old 16 May 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3075233)   #9
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
DTM results will be on the DTM home page.
eg Lausitzring
http://www.dtm.com/en/Races/20120506...iew/index.html

there's probably also live timing

support races - not sure.
Old 16 May 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3075316)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
f3 euroseries results here: http://www.f3euroseries.com/

you'll be able to find live timing there too, though the link is still for last weekend's pau gp which used a different timing company.
Old 16 May 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3075401)   #11
yesnomaybe
Racer

thanks it is mainly the tin top supports results i'll be interested in

have found that this company will be doing the timing / results, doesnt look like the results will be published on that site though
http://www.wige-performance.de/en/time-keeping

maybe entry lists at least will be published here
http://www.msvracing.co.uk/cars/calendar.aspx
Old 16 May 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3075418)   #12
Barry P
Rookie

England
Seaford, East Sussex
Barry P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking of shining, all Marshalls will be shining boots and ironing overalls in preparation for this event.
Old 16 May 2012, 19:51 (Ref:3075427)   #13
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry P View Post
Talking of shining, all Marshalls will be shining boots and ironing overalls in preparation for this event.
How do you shine suede.
They'll also be lots of towels on "the beach".
Old 17 May 2012, 09:16 (Ref:3075602)   #14
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touringcarfanatic you are welcome to mine after the weekend. It will have been in a bag for three days though so might not be perfect!

Happy to send it on after the event though.

Simon
Old 17 May 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3075772)   #15
yesnomaybe
Racer

found some entry lists on the web for the tin top supports

Lotus Elise Trophy and Lotus Cup UK
http://www.lotrdc.com/calendar/?eID=54

Euro Racecar Nascar Series
http://www.racecarseries.com/rc-cham..._EntryList.pdf

VW Scirocco Cup (doesnt include the F1 guest drivers)
http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com...&op=id&&id=132

VW Racing Cup
http://www.vw-cup.co.uk/drivers012.htm
Old 18 May 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3076238)   #16
yesnomaybe
Racer

great day today, got a lot of good pics, will post a link at some point

Good points
- Paddock Hill grandstands open and accessible for free! (today only though)
- Nascar Euroseries, really impressed by those cars, some great liverys, allthough some of them are just Nascar facsimiles
- Damon Hill fastest in the Scirocco practice, very impressive after many years away from racing!
- Got a great pic of one of the Euro series car sideways on the exit of druids then.. (See bad points)

Bad points
- Whats the point of having a great big shiny hospitality building / car show room, if your're still setting up on the first day of the event? they started putting those buildings together last saturday!
- A commentator who gets paddock hill bend and graham hill bend confused!
- The DTM Shop and Audi and Merc DTM showcars being inside the support paddock.. an area you need to buy a £12 pass for this year!
- Not being allowed to stand in the paddock hill grandstands.. why?
- Euro series car that got sideways then lost control and binned it into the wall, car wrecked

Also does anyone know what happened in the VW Scirocco championship, two cars lost wheels almost simultaneously, guess theres some finger trouble there!

The Werner BMW that was out for a few laps before the afternoon DTM practice, i heard the commentator saying it was for camera/video laps, it looked more like a GT spec M3 than a DTM one, im sure i saw it circulating with other cars once the session had started, whats confusing me is that im sure i saw the Werner DTM version on track at the same time too, was i seeing things, two Werners?

Does anyone know what time (if any) the BMW and Audi drivers are going to be giving interviews / autograph sessions? i guess its probably the pitlane walkabout, but was hoping they might be doing something in the normal e.g. no extra charge areas, like Mercedes are doing
Old 18 May 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3076251)   #17
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
The Werner BMW that was out for a few laps before the afternoon DTM practice, i heard the commentator saying it was for camera/video laps, it looked more like a GT spec M3 than a DTM one, im sure i saw it circulating with other cars once the session had started, whats confusing me is that im sure i saw the Werner DTM version on track at the same time too, was i seeing things, two Werners?
It was probably Manuel Reuter doing a demo lap for German television.
Old 19 May 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3076323)   #18
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And the first to drive faster than 42 seconds is Audi pilot. More to come? But still, new cars a too wide for that track. There's no room for overtaking at all.
Old 19 May 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3076387)   #19
johnny99
Rookie

Ireland
Killucan, Ireland
johnny99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if it's covered on TV

John
Old 19 May 2012, 11:16 (Ref:3076388)   #20
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny99 View Post

John
As always, "Das Erste" when you have an Astra dish that can receive German tv stations.
Old 19 May 2012, 17:47 (Ref:3076529)   #21
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race is over already on Saturday? I think Merc has another win and Audi is going to battle with BMW for 2 or 3. Battle - I mean their mechanics.
Old 19 May 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3076555)   #22
yesnomaybe
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny99 View Post

John
highlights will be on ITV4, not sure when

another good day at the track today, got a signed andy priaulx card which was unexpected

are they not applying penaltys for 4 wheels off at this event?

have the euroseries cars looked at racing at the oval at rockingham?

whats the deal with the vw lorry going round before the scirocco sessions, does it carry spares or something?

sounds like audi will run into tyre issues in the race, im sure it'll be a good battle, great to have a brit on pole,

anyone having problems with the official dtm website, norton is telling me its got a computer threat on it?!
Old 19 May 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3076569)   #23
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed re the off track at Graham Hill bend, if it was a clubbie event they would all be on penalties. I got my hat signed by Priaulx and my daughter her flag so she was very happy.
Old 19 May 2012, 20:30 (Ref:3076584)   #24
yesnomaybe
Racer

im guessing the 4 wheels off thing isnt going via msa rules with it basically being a german event

was odd to see Farfus not using the full width of the track at paddock, no wonder he didnt make it through to the final bit of qualy
Old 20 May 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3076775)   #25
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Werner liveried Taxi car is an M3 GT2 in answer to the previous post.