Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:18 (Ref:3057927)   #926
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the only 2 realistic alternatives to the judd db are the zytek zg 3.4 and the mazda AER 2.0 i guess, in theory also the porsche mr6 3.4 could be used but surely porsche isn't intentioned to become an engine supplier. The nissan VRH (A,B) used in super GT could be used in lmp1 and in theory also in lmp2 too because share something with VH engines used for road cars.

BTW last year the lola aston of kronos had a similiar top speed at LM of around 310km/h, surprisingly the oak pescarolo were able to pass 320km/h.

Last edited by alexkiller8; 12 Apr 2012 at 17:25.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3057928)   #927
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
the only 2 realistic alternatives to the judd db are the zytek zg 3.4 and the mazda AER 2.0 i guess, in theory also the porsche mr6 3.4 could be used but surely porsche isn't intentioned to become an engine supplier. The nissan VRH (A,B) used in super GT could be used in lmp1 and in theory also in lmp2 too because share something with VH engines used for road cars.
I don't think they will use a turbo lump. The packaging is completely different to a N/A engine.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3057931)   #928
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I don't think they will use a turbo lump. The packaging is completely different to a N/A engine.
And the Zytek 3.4 V8's last-raced specification was a grenade, it blew up in two consecutive races at or around the 4h mark.
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3057933)   #929
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

BTW last year the lola aston of kronos had a similiar top speed at LM of around 310km/h, surprisingly the oak pescarolo were able to pass 320km/h.
The actual best figures for both cars was 320.5 for one of the oak's and 317.6 for the aston (the other oak's fastest was also 317.6 coincidently) the pug #7 and #8 were both at 342.9 the other car was slower due to running more downforce. fastest petrol was the pescarolo at 326.3

found here: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...race_facts.pdf
Old 12 Apr 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3057936)   #930
alexkiller8
Veteran

i have that pdf on my pc too, my argumentation meant that with a good aero package even an open car can have a better top speed than a coupè... if dome didn't do any serious update to the car how could they be surprised if the car don't match their ambitions....
Old 12 Apr 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3058098)   #931
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What about the Toyota RV8?

Old 12 Apr 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3058104)   #932
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Don't Dome run Weider Honda Racing in SuperGT? Could the HPD be a possibility?
Old 12 Apr 2012, 23:24 (Ref:3058109)   #933
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
It is too late to switch engine provider. Dome already did all the work to fit the Judd V8 in the car and a lot of time has been spent in testing to perfect the interaction between the Judd engine and the Zytek electronic gearshift mechanism.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3058243)   #934
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
It is too late to switch engine provider. Dome already did all the work to fit the Judd V8 in the car and a lot of time has been spent in testing to perfect the interaction between the Judd engine and the Zytek electronic gearshift mechanism.
So... lack of rev´s,power an reability will lead them to what??? 5/6 hours in Le mans (both Dome and 03 Pescarolo).

Could the Tube of 03 Pescarolo (Aston Martin) be transform in a Coupe tube???
Old 13 Apr 2012, 09:51 (Ref:3058271)   #935
alexkiller8
Veteran

for now the rv8kLM is an exclusive for rebellion team, maybe in future will become available also for other teams, right now is not. HPD is an engine private customer only in lmp2, i don't think they will let use their 3.4 used in lmp1 in not-honda chassis cars.
BTW in 2010 and 2011, more than one lmp1/2 car that used the judd were able to finish the race and scoring some good result too, so reablity is not so bad after all with the right set-up.

About amr-one chassis/monoque, is impossible to build a coupè with that kind of monoque, for the simple reason that the roof is missing, and i don't think that pescarolo is intersted in modify the monoque to adapt it for a coupè car (after all pescarolo never built a "pescarolo" chassis for their cars... were always modified courage cars)
Old 13 Apr 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3058275)   #936
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
for now the rv8kLM is an exclusive for rebellion team, maybe in future will become available also for other teams, right now is not.
Last year there was an announcement that 2 additional Lola-Toyota chassis would be available to other customers. See http://www.lemans.org/en/races/inter...ear-_3706.html. Anyway, that still means that the Toyota engine is not available for other chassis manufacturers.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3058321)   #937
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike View Post
Peugeot hit 335 km/h in their last test at Aragon...
On the EI forum someone posted an extract from the l'Equipe article: http://endurance-info.com/version2/f...212515#p212515.
Quote:
For Minassian and Bourdais, who have driven the 908 since 2007, the comparison with the turbo diesels is cruel for the Judd V8 3.4-liter petrol normally aspired, with the maximum displacement that regulations allow now. "It misses a lot of horse power," regrets Bourdais. "In Aragon, our top speed was 20 km/h lower than the Peugeot."
With its large curves, its slow corners and beautiful sequences, the circuit is ideal for developing a prototype in preparation for Spa and Le Mans. On the balance sheet, a time of 1'25'', against 1'21'' to 1'22'' for deceased 908, more than half of the gap being on the straight line.
Old 13 Apr 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3058575)   #938
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They better find some good amount of time or hope for a big break in power?
Old 13 Apr 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3058630)   #939
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah , Im not exactly over awed with the Judd at presant .
Old 14 Apr 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3058724)   #940
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They better find some good amount of time or hope for a big break in power?
I'd like to hear Henri Pescarolo asking the ACO for that .
"Well, our engines are rubbish, so can we please turn up the air intake? - pretty please?"
Old 14 Apr 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3058742)   #941
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
for now the rv8kLM is an exclusive for rebellion team, maybe in future will become available also for other teams, right now is not. HPD is an engine private customer only in lmp2, i don't think they will let use their 3.4 used in lmp1 in not-honda chassis cars.
In 2010, the then-lmp2 RML lola ran with the now-lmp1 hpd 3.4 v8, so I dont think HPD would be totally averse to supplying that engine again. But as has been mentioned, it is way too late in the day to switch engines anyway.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 05:47 (Ref:3058755)   #942
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I'd like to hear Henri Pescarolo asking the ACO for that .
"Well, our engines are rubbish, so can we please turn up the air intake? - pretty please?"
He is pretty vocal about the inequality, though. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more from him after or at Spa.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3058785)   #943
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
He is pretty vocal about the inequality, though. I wouldn't be surprised to hear more from him after or at Spa.
Will be interesting to hear the equivalency argument rear its head again. Toyota will have a tough time trying to argue their case with no competitive running.

Standard petrol will probably get thrown something small. But not enough for Henri.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 08:27 (Ref:3058790)   #944
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Will be interesting to hear the equivalency argument rear its head again. Toyota will have a tough time trying to argue their case with no competitive running.

Standard petrol will probably get thrown something small. But not enough for Henri.
...or Oak unfortunately.

It's funny that the HPD engine was the only P2 engine that had a successfull transition to P1; the AER-Mazda got it's A$$ kicked by the Aston (despite restrictor breaks left right and center!), the Zytek couldn't last 4 hours but had reasonable power, the judd can last 8 hours or so but is also down on power as a result of trying to get the life out of it
Old 14 Apr 2012, 09:08 (Ref:3058802)   #945
alexkiller8
Veteran

the AL7R 3.4 v8 that powered the lmp2 cars, was used only by highcroft in sebring race in 2011. Actually HPD uses a different engine (maybe an evolution of the AL7R)
Old 14 Apr 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3059091)   #946
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its a shame to hear things like this publically from two professional drivers, they should keep this out of the press and work constructivley with Judd......Minassian and Bourdais are now in a privateer team, and if you want more performance you had better be prepared to pay for it, thats the way it works when your not in a works team, I'm sorry but this sort of thing really gets me, I have worked for similar race engine companies, and there is nothing more that will destroy your engine suppliers morale than some pleb drivers slamming your engine publically.

I do agree that HPD, Toyota, Mazda, Aston have all moved the gasoline LMP1 performance goalpoasts within the last few years and Judd have perhaps not kept up to well, but again, they should do this privatley. Judd are running a business their focus is probably best spent on other better paying projects, like the Indy engine for Lotus, considering the very tight time-frame on the indy engine I think they are doing a great job.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3059093)   #947
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I personally think that things have gone downhill for Judd's sportscar engines since the V10s were cast aside in favor of the originally LMP2-spec V8s.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3059110)   #948
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didnt the Judd p1 engine have some success last season with Oak? I seem to remember an ilmc podium..
Old 14 Apr 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3059113)   #949
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
The Judd 3.4 V8 has been kinda disappointing since it moved to LMP1, especially so far this year. It seems down on power compared to similar engines, and OAK blew one up at Sebring, too.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3059123)   #950
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Didnt the Judd p1 engine have some success last season with Oak? I seem to remember an ilmc podium..
Silverstone, due to half of the diesels knocking themselves out through traffic and the fact that the race only lasted 6 hours.