Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3245650)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, I shot for Jaguar that year and we had no clue either, but then somethings never change

Enjoy Le Mans, I may have a few tales to tell about the past 30 years and will link them here, assuming that is OK.

Oh, yes please! Or start an 'LM Memories' thread?
Old 11 May 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3245659)   #77
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh, yes please! Or start an 'LM Memories' thread?
This will be my 30th consecutive Le Mans with a media pass, I have been commissioned to write up some experiences by this site.

It is sponsored by Nitto Tires and is a Car Culture at large place, there may already be some content on there that might interest the Tenthers. It had a break in operations for around 8 months and it is slowly getting back on the road. Any comments or feedback, positive or negative, will be welcomed, as we can only improve with the helps of others.
Old 12 May 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3246098)   #78
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Has anyone ever tried to Sky+ the entire race before in HD off Eurosport?

I'm assuming that it won't fit on the box as HD eats the memory.
It fills just under half, from memory. Something like 40%. I tend to annoy the other members of the family by hogging so much memory, but it's a tactic which means they tend to get the bluray review for me at Christmas most years...
Old 12 May 2013, 11:20 (Ref:3246100)   #79
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Last year recorded the whole 24. On my recorder there is plenty of room. And enough left so I won't have to delete. Will get back to you after I've checked how big the harddisk is. All recorded full HD.
Capacity is 320 GB, only half full, should fit two times 24 LM.
Old 12 May 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3246113)   #80
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It fills just under half, from memory. Something like 40%. I tend to annoy the other members of the family by hogging so much memory, but it's a tactic which means they tend to get the bluray review for me at Christmas most years...
I was not popular in 2011 after recording so much coverage that a few of my sister's TV appearances got deleted. Oops.

Thanks whitemr2. That's the capacity of a Sky+ box is it?
Old 12 May 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3246149)   #81
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I was not popular in 2011 after recording so much coverage that a few of my sister's TV appearances got deleted. Oops.

It should say somewhere on your box.

This may help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-S...BOX/td-p/19427
Old 12 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3246208)   #82
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I don't know, I live in Holland, it's not a sky device. Please check your manual for capacity.
Old 12 May 2013, 19:56 (Ref:3246389)   #83
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok so if a 4h 49min F1 broadcast in HD used 18% of my box capacity then it should fit - just. If I don't record the night hours in HD we should be flying!
Old 12 May 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3246399)   #84
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ok so if a 4h 49min F1 broadcast in HD used 18% of my box capacity then it should fit - just. If I don't record the night hours in HD we should be flying!
Doing some quick maths. 4hours 49 mins = 4.816667 hours.

(4.816667/18)x100 = 26.7593

You should be able to record about 26 and 3/4 hours of HD footage.
Old 12 May 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3246426)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A 4h 49min F1 broadcast would use use about 200% of my (brain)box capacity.......

Reminds me of.....

Kryten: Sir, can we take a break? It appears my intelligence circuits have melted.

Old 13 May 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3246576)   #86
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But the race's are always under 2 hours long, that is plenty long enough there is only so much you can take before you slip into a coma
Old 13 May 2013, 07:51 (Ref:3246586)   #87
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Please, can someone remind me: what's F1?
Old 13 May 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3246698)   #88
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Please, can someone remind me: what's F1?
It's a Pirelli tyre failure testing program.
Old 13 May 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3246788)   #89
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It's a Pirelli tyre failure testing program.
Well those tyres need to be tested somewhere we can't have them failing on real cars can we, it also acts as a feeder series for the WEC.
Old 13 May 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3246837)   #90
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
it also acts as a feeder series for the WEC.
In a strange way that is true
Old 13 May 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3246884)   #91
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
That's Hindaugh's favourite little dig at the moment too.
Old 13 May 2013, 19:13 (Ref:3246894)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
That's Hindaugh's favourite little dig at the moment too.
I know so i borrowed that bit because it rings true
Old 18 May 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3249335)   #93
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
About to get a reminder thanks to Moto GP quali.
Old 18 May 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3249578)   #94
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
About to get a reminder thanks to Moto GP quali.
Definitely got a reminder when I was soaked afterwards! Went down the Mulsanne on the way back to the hotel and towards Indianapolis and Arnage. I couldn't get over how much tighter Indy was compared to video games and TV. I always thought that the right hand "kink" was a decent length away from Indianapolis and so close, truly impressed by the speed the prototypes carry into there now. Can't wait to see them in the flesh in a months time!
Old 19 May 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3249687)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Definitely got a reminder when I was soaked afterwards! Went down the Mulsanne on the way back to the hotel and towards Indianapolis and Arnage. I couldn't get over how much tighter Indy was compared to video games and TV. I always thought that the right hand "kink" was a decent length away from Indianapolis and so close, truly impressed by the speed the prototypes carry into there now. Can't wait to see them in the flesh in a months time!
Will watch with interest today, hope the weather is dry and enjoy yourself
Old 19 May 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3249710)   #96
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Le mans reminders coming thick and fast this weekend, just had an email from the ACO offering to sell be this years t shirts for ladies as a mothers day present must be on a different day to the UK as it was in march here.
Old 19 May 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3249720)   #97
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Watching MotoGP now and likely the only time some of these gravel traps will be explored this year.
Old 19 May 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3249724)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Le mans reminders coming thick and fast this weekend, just had an email from the ACO offering to sell be this years t shirts for ladies as a mothers day present must be on a different day to the UK as it was in march here.
I must admit, that had me worried for a minute - had me frantically Googling to check I hadn't missed it!
Old 19 May 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3249725)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i thought that started at 1.00pm, practice not being shown by the BBC
Old 19 May 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3249727)   #100
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
i thought that started at 1.00pm, practice not being shown by the BBC
Moto3 race just finished on Eurosport, Moto2 up next.