Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 17 Mar 2002, 02:28 (Ref:237026)   #1
Orion
Rookie

Orion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have problems with mail -- help plz

hey guys . i just get letter one russian and i can't read it becouse i see only -GHKLGJKSDBGKSGHIS DFHLBK VGJGHS SGHKBS-- like this ((
i know that is should get koi8 but i don't know how and can some one explain for me what can i do to read my letter -- plz that is very impotant for me
Old 17 Mar 2002, 05:05 (Ref:237059)   #2
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what letter would this be?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 18 Mar 2002, 17:17 (Ref:238522)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Orion - you need to install support for the Russian character set on your computer.

How you do this depends very much on the type of operating system you're using - if you tell me what you're using i.e. Windows 95/98/2000, UNIX, Mac etc I may be able to get you more information.

Just a word of warning - do you know the source of this email? Unsolicited mails from Eastern Europe should be treated with extreme caution as a lot of viruses originate from these countries (well not necessarily from the countries themselves, but from servers located there).

Note: This is no slur on Eastern Europe by the way! It's just that regulations there are different. Legislation has not been updated to apply to data so there is no structure in place to legally deal with complaints. This makes it easier for unscrupulous people to use facilities in these countries for illegal activities. The same can be said for some Asian countries. It's nothing to do with the countries themselves or the populations!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 18 Mar 2002 at 17:20.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 23:37 (Ref:238817)   #4
Orion
Rookie

Orion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm using W98 SE this is possible to make this mail to understand russian language ?
Old 19 Mar 2002, 00:42 (Ref:238864)   #5
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not just cut and paste the text into a translation page? That way, everything is safe, and you understand what was written.

There are heaps of these translation pages on the net - just look them up with a search engine!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:08 (Ref:238881)   #6
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I use:

http://www.worldlingo.com/products_s...ranslator.html

It's reasonably accurate, and reading the Gravel Trap in French is a hoot.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 06:06 (Ref:239019)   #7
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Orion
i'm using W98 SE this is possible to make this mail to understand russian language ?
It should be possible. I had no problems receiving Bulgarian emails with W98 SE.

First, you'll have to make sure your Windows system understand cyrillic characters, and (preferably) Eussian language. I guess you will need to have this anyway, if you want to answer the email.

After that, you probably have to get the email from the mail-server. Which means that you should probably should try to avoid deleting this email from the mailserver untill you are able to read it.