mazda59
Racer

Wales
macclesfield
mazda59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
info needed plz

Could anyone help please ??
Need some info for my college course especially on 2 topics :-
Which disabilities would stop a person being accepted as a marshal ?
What does the BMMC insurance cover - especially on track & during the course of our job
thanx
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:13 (Ref:1136043)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
mazda, interesting question. Suggest it might be better to put these to the organisations directly concerned however - the MSA is probably your best bet regarding the disabilities question as it may differ from club to club. It would also differ depending on the duties the marshal wished to carry out.

I think in general anything that affects mobility or ability to communicate would have to be examined on a case by case basis. I have heard of people with mobility issues who were unable to marshal because insurance refused to cover them even though the marshals club were happy enough, so I don't think it's all that clear cut.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1136090)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Try looking on the marshals club website www.marshals.co.uk and e-mail them your query as they should be able to help.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:03 (Ref:1136106)   #4
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget that the MSA also provided insurance for Marshals as well as the BMMC. From memory I think there is quite a lot of detail in the Blue Book but I don't have an up to date one.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1137058)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Piglet
Don't forget that the MSA also provided insurance for Marshals as well as the BMMC. From memory I think there is quite a lot of detail in the Blue Book but I don't have an up to date one.
As always, Piglet is correct in her answer! Yes, the Blue Book does contain a lot of detail on insurance for marshals. I have an up to date copy of the Blue Book, so if you would like "chapter and verse", drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I can scan in the relevant section for you, to save me having to type it all out!

Sheila