Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Jan 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3015704)   #76
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bas Leinders tweeted a picture of a bare Z4 chassis that had just been painted silver. I personally take it as a statement of intent.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3015711)   #77
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I was not expecting that but good to see another BGT car too.

Aston must be a little worried by the lack of take-up of their new Vantage - hope that's not a legacy of the disastrous LMP effort last year.
It seems that Barwell will continue their efforts with Aston Martin.
As for Marc VDS, they hope to enter two new BMW Z4 this year.

Grtz
Old 23 Jan 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3015840)   #78
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What!? Barwell will entrt an Aston and a Z4?
Their website announced an Aston Martin Vantage to go along with their British GT entry but no this?
Old 23 Jan 2012, 20:00 (Ref:3015842)   #79
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not a lack of that up that is the problem with the Vantage GT3, it's a lack of cars!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 20:28 (Ref:3015856)   #80
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well well, a big turn at Barwell. Just saw on their website that not only have they got a Z4 for Blancpain but although they were said to be THE representative in 2012 of the V12 Vantage, they're also taking the Z4 to British GT.

http://www.barwellmotorsport.co.uk/c...durance-Series

They've completely wiped out any reference to the Vantage.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3015886)   #81
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Well, two Belgian journalists are still mentioning the presence of a Barwell Aston Martin in the Blancpain Series, possibly with Jeffrey Van Hooydonk.
They (Barwell) also said on their website that, next to the Aston Martin entry, they were looking at new projects with BMW or Nissan. So really too soon to say that there won't be an Aston...

Last edited by GregoryDG; 23 Jan 2012 at 21:38.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:00 (Ref:3015913)   #82
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
LeManske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Well, two Belgian journalists are still mentioning the presence of a Barwell Aston Martin in the Blancpain Series, possibly with Jeffrey Van Hooydonk.
They (Barwell) also said on their website that, next to the Aston Martin entry, they were looking at new projects with BMW or Nissan. So really too soon to say that there won't be an Aston...
a Belgian forum suggests that Van Hooydonk might return to KRK Racing to accompany Koen Wouters and Anthony Kumpen in the SLS. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Love to see a Petronas Aston Martin Vantage though!!!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3015916)   #83
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
I assumed the Aston they're talking about is the current car, the DBRS9, and running it in the Gentleman's class or a national championship.

Wonder where any more Vantage customers are going to come from if YD don't continue down that route.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3015921)   #84
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
Well there is still Beechdean Motorsport, they confirmed 1 car for Britsh GT. and read somewhere they would also do selected rounds, don't know about entire season.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3015926)   #85
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeManske View Post
a Belgian forum suggests that Van Hooydonk might return to KRK Racing to accompany Koen Wouters and Anthony Kumpen in the SLS. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Love to see a Petronas Aston Martin Vantage though!!!
Yeah indeed, Jeffrey doesn't know yet whether he will drive the Mercedes or the Aston. Aston Martin Brussels (Barwell) does want to run an Aston Martin Vantage GT3, and not an DBRs9 (unless the Vantage isn't ready yet). Hope it's clear now.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3015928)   #86
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeManske View Post
Well there is still Beechdean Motorsport, they confirmed 1 car for Britsh GT. and read somewhere they would also do selected rounds, don't know about entire season.
I'm guessing they're talking about the Silverstone round for that. Go for the Tourist Trophy and all!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:44 (Ref:3015932)   #87
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by amr-teams View Post
Beechdean team boss Andrew Howard confirmed the 2012 program. "We're definitely in British GT and the aim is to do the Spa 24H and some Blancpain Endurance Series races if we can."
Old 23 Jan 2012, 22:53 (Ref:3015935)   #88
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
Here's the Beechdean interview http://www.amr-teams.co.uk/2011/11/b...ntage-gt3.html
Old 23 Jan 2012, 23:16 (Ref:3015942)   #89
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like the Aston situation is a case of everyone waiting for somebody else to try one and see if it's any good. It's a new unproven package from a manufacturer that sadly hasn't given much reason to inspire confidence in its products recently. That makes going for something like a McLaren or maybe even a Nissan a relatively safer option, even though they too are new cars.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 07:39 (Ref:3016040)   #90
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Looks like the Aston situation is a case of everyone waiting for somebody else to try one and see if it's any good. It's a new unproven package from a manufacturer that sadly hasn't given much reason to inspire confidence in its products recently. That makes going for something like a McLaren or maybe even a Nissan a relatively safer option, even though they too are new cars.
Thats a good way to look at it. Im surprised thought that more teams havent committed as yet to the car publicly, the DBSR9 was a good car and competitive in the right hands (not to mention achingly beautiful and sonorous ) so hopefully we'll some announcements soon.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3017034)   #91
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
New Vita4One Italy team to race Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 in Blancpain: http://www.ferrari.com/English/Scude...y-is-born.aspx
Old 25 Jan 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3017042)   #92
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
The issue with the Vantage GT3 is they're not going to be ready until into the season. Alot of teams that were running Astons last year wanted the new car but they'd have to wait until the season started to get one.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3017076)   #93
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Update time!

BMW Z4:
- 2 x Marc VDS
- 2 x db Motorsport - confirmed (1 with Simon Knap & Jeroen de Boer)
- 1 x Barwell Motorsport - confirmed

Audi R8 LMS:
- 2 x Belgian Audi Club WRT (with all the stories around FIA GT1, I'm not sure if they actually confirmed this program)
- 1 x Sainteloc
- 1 x Novadriver (Portuguese team showed interest but I think they haven't got enough funding for this year)

McLaren MP4-12C:
- 2 x United Autsports - confirmed (1 PRO - Rob Bell anyone? + 1 PRO-AM with Mark Blundell, Mark Patterson and Zak Brown)
- 2 x Gulf Racing - confirmed (Rob Bell, Mike Wainwright + Stuart Hall, Roald Goethe)
- 2 x Von Ryan Racing - confirmed (1 with Rob Barff/Leon Price)
- 1 x ASM Team
- 2 x Boutsen Ginion - confirmed

Nissan GT-R GT3:
- 1 x RJN Motorsport - confirmed

Ferrari 458 GT3:
- 2 x ASP SOFREV
- 2 x AF Corse - confirmed 2 PRO-AM (Matt Griffin & Jack Gerber + Yannick Mallegol, Jean-Marc Bachelier & Howard Blanc)
- 2 x Vita4One Team Italy (Matteo Bobbi's new team) - probable (no Vita4One Bartels? Only doing GT World?)
- 1 x Sport Garage
- 1 x Insight Racing - confirmed (http://on.fb.me/xVR6Yd)

Porsche 997 GT3-R:
- 1 x Autorlando
- 1 x Larbre Competition
- 1 x Mühlner Motorsport
- 1 x SMG (Philippe Gache's team)
- 2 x Trackspeed (3 British GT squads recently announced)
- 2 x Ruffier Racing - confirmed
- 2 x Pro Gt by Almeras
- 2 x Exagon Engineering - confirmed 1 at least (with Christian Kelders & Daniel Desbruères)

Mercedes SLS AMG:
- 1 x Preci-Spark (Jones brothers)
- 1 x Black Falcon
- 1 x Heico Motorsport
- 1 x Graff Racing
- 1 x KRK Racing (with Jeffrey Van Hooydonk, Koen Wouters & Anthony Kumpen?)

Aston Martin Vantage:
- 1 x Barwell Motorsport - abandoned?
- 1 x Beachdean - select rounds

Lamborghini Gallardo LP-600:
- 2 x Reiter Engineering - 1 confirmed (news on Endurance Info that apparently only 1 here with Peter Kox and Marc Hayek)
- 1 x Ruffier Racing - confirmed in Gentleman Trophy
- 1 x DVB Racing - if there are drivers
- 1 x Rhinos Leipert
- 1 x Rhinos Leipert Portugal Team (rumors in Portugal that this may become a team with BMW Z4, but very far-fetched rumors)

Dodge Viper GT3:
- GT3 Racing - confirmed PRO-AM (Aaron Scott, Craig Wilkins, Andy Ruhan)

BMW M3 GT4:
- 1 x DVB Racing - if there are drivers
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3017082)   #94
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
wonder what % of these are likely to be Pro cars.

So far I can only see two, both McLarens, and probably at least one of the VDS cars. Unless GT World collapses, I wonder what more chance there is for pro teams at the front.

I'm also intrigued as to what level Jordan Tresson counts as, should he be one of the RJN drivers.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3017084)   #95
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
If Vita4One (BMW) races in BES, I think it will only be at Spa...

Quote:
wonder what % of these are likely to be Pro cars.

So far I can only see two, both McLarens, and probably at least one of the VDS cars. Unless GT World collapses, I wonder what more chance there is for pro teams at the front.
What? You're forgetting Audi WRT, Vita4One, KRK, Sofrev (likely), Barwell Aston Martin, Autorlando, Trackspeed...

Guess you stopped reading the list after BMW and Mclaren...
Old 25 Jan 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3017100)   #96
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
You can add to the list:

1 x Boutinaud Racing - Porsche 997 GT3 Cup S (Gentleman Trophy)
2 x Scuderia Vittoria - Ferrari 458 Italia (Probably with Petrobelli)
1 x Ruffier Racing (1 Porsche not 2 for Pompidou and Abergel
2 x Pro GT by Alméras (Beltoise and Pasquali)

oh, and you can delete the 'Rob Bell anyone?' comment with the United Autosports clan
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3017102)   #97
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
how many of those are official confirmations though? I was thinking

WRT are assumed, but I'm not so sure if they'll show and same for the others.

Vita4One just confirmed with Bobbi but they hardly ran a pro car last year in anything but name.

Barwell's Aston is the Brussels one if at all. Their BMW's more likely Pro but I'm not hopeful.

Trackspeed are probably doing BGT and have Pro-Am lineups anyway

I didn't realise KRK or any of the Merc teams had officially confirmed, and KRK are likely running a Dutch amateur with their regular duo anyway I believe. Might officially be a pro lineup again

Autolando I didn't realise were official but I hope they are and will be rooting for them

Sofrev I hope return and bring a single Pro effort again
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3017105)   #98
LeManske
Rookie

Belgium
Can you can add to the list:

1 x Boutinaud Racing Porsche 997 GT3 Cup S (Gentleman Trophy)
2 x Scuderia Vittoria Ferrari's 458 Italia
1 x Ruffier Porsche for Pompidou and Abergel in Pro-AM, so 1 not 2
2 x Pro GT by Alméras (very likely with Beltoise and Pasquali)

Oh, and you can delete the 'Rob Bell anyone?' comment from the United Autosport clan, since ...
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3017115)   #99
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
how many of those are official confirmations though? I was thinking

WRT are assumed, but I'm not so sure if they'll show and same for the others.

Vita4One just confirmed with Bobbi but they hardly ran a pro car last year in anything but name.

Barwell's Aston is the Brussels one if at all. Their BMW's more likely Pro but I'm not hopeful.

Trackspeed are probably doing BGT and have Pro-Am lineups anyway

I didn't realise KRK or any of the Merc teams had officially confirmed, and KRK are likely running a Dutch amateur with their regular duo anyway I believe. Might officially be a pro lineup again

Autolando I didn't realise were official but I hope they are and will be rooting for them

Sofrev I hope return and bring a single Pro effort again

You're saying that you won't believe anything that isn't confirmed, but at the same time you are assuming that Trackspeed will 'have Pro-Am lineups anyway'? Although nothing is confirmed, I guess we will see WRT back (certainly for Spa 24h). Can't see how there wouldn't be an Audi team in BES.

If you're telling that Vita4One 'hardly ran a pro car last year in anything but name', then you should take a look at what drivers they've used last year.

Aston Martin Brussels is a confirmed entry, although I think that they might start the season with the old car. Same story for Trackspeed, they've announced two cars (Pro + Pro/Am).

KRK is definitly a Pro entry, and I don't know who you are calling the Dutch amateur drive here? If Wauters-Kumpen-Van Hooydonk is confirmed, I can assure you that they are Belgian in the first place, and that none of them is an amateur driver.
Old 25 Jan 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3017132)   #100
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
51 there, Ratel claimed to have received 70 entries by the 9 of december:

http://blancpain-endurance-series.co...em.php?key=217

Does someone know the data limit for submitting entries e.g. like the 2 of feb is for the wec, tough i can't remember if they don't impose a data limit.