Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2689470)   #1
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The next USF1? American Cypher Group hoping to join the grid in 2011....

link here

not sure how serious or credible this group is. The old saying goes not to judge a book by it's cover - and let's hope that's true with the quality of their logo which looks like someone has asked their son to whip it up in 5 minutes, not the representation of a thoroughly and well conceived outfit.

So has the world learned anything from the failed USF1 saga?

is basing a team in North American really a good idea?

has F1 had their fingers burnt by USF1 and as such make it twice as hard for an American team to gain an entry?
Old 12 May 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2689492)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Think as long as the team's research, design and manufacturing efforts are the only thing based in Carolina and they have something like a part-time base in Europe for the mid-season as US based team could work and have a shot at some sponsors they may not attract being based fully in Europe. That said, they may need a sponsor that's willing to pay a little more to make parts and spares movement easier. As much as Bernie would push for an American team to help his push for a US GP round, I'm sure even he would make sure ever dollar was there to make the team a reality this time before even hinting they could be included in the possible entries.
Old 13 May 2010, 00:06 (Ref:2689495)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post

has F1 had their fingers burnt by USF1 and as such make it twice as hard for an American team to gain an entry?
Perhaps a slight redesign of the toaster concept would possibly make them a more interesting proposition?
Old 13 May 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2689503)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All this looks like is another press release race team.

When they have more than a name and press release, I'll be keen to hear about it.
Old 13 May 2010, 01:01 (Ref:2689508)   #5
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It probably is USF1. The remnants of it at least.
Old 13 May 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2689514)   #6
Belatti
Racer

Argentina
Argentina
Belatti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh no not again!!!!
Old 13 May 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2689515)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends how you define USF1, I would say only if Peter Windsor or Ken Anderson were included would it be the remnants of USF1. Having designers and other employees of USF1 included in developing their bid would not make it connected to that project at all.
Old 13 May 2010, 01:37 (Ref:2689525)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Doomed to fail. You won't hear about this in another 6 months...
Old 13 May 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2689856)   #9
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I have a friend who just got back from charlotte and he told me there are rumors that Chad Hurtely is setting up a team for 2011 and without Anderson/Windsor. Idon't know if it will be called USF1. Hope not.
Old 14 May 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2690476)   #10
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
USF1 had a lot more than just press releases - the had a (curious) design and had started making bits.

I'll be curious to see if this team has anything to its name at all.
Old 16 May 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2691336)   #11
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone heard anything about a second American applicant? According to this article, there seem to be two American projects for 2011.
Old 16 May 2010, 09:48 (Ref:2691370)   #12
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaffer View Post
Anyone heard anything about a second American applicant? According to this article, there seem to be two American projects for 2011.
I've just read little blurbs and speculation here and there that, in addition to Cypher, Anderson might be trying it again.

Good luck, Ken. (and that's about as sarcastic as I'll ever get.)
Old 17 May 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2692154)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The concept of using US technology for F1 applications seems a clever one, as used by RenaultF1 in recent times. Mr Brundle made mention last night that the current Renault has spent some time in the Ken Anderson-designed Windshear wind tunnel in Charlotte... and it is a jet...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2010, 21:15 (Ref:2692850)   #14
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt they will even be considered after USF1.
Old 18 May 2010, 05:19 (Ref:2693045)   #15
TXAH606
Rookie

United States
Colorado
TXAH606 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly hope something gets off the ground, I was devastated when USF1 folded.
Old 18 May 2010, 05:46 (Ref:2693050)   #16
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im over it...completely
Old 20 May 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2694935)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I certainly hope something gets off the ground, I was devastated when USF1 folded.
Welcome to the forum.

There's no mention in that article of American drivers. Which of them could feasibly step up to F1 at some point in the future?
Old 24 May 2010, 12:37 (Ref:2697137)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Another (not the USF1/Cypher group effort) US team venture gets serious, but.....

"I am part of a project right now that is trying to enter the sport," Mullins told AUTOSPORT, in his first full-length interview since the end of US F1. "I can't give away any specifics right now, but I can say I don't believe a start-up team is possible."

Full interview.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83850
Old 24 May 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2697283)   #19
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two new American applicants (the Cypher group and the Mullins group) arise from the ashes of USF1. Nice recipe for a swift success.
Old 24 May 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2697549)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Another (not the USF1/Cypher group effort) US team venture gets serious, but.....

"I am part of a project right now that is trying to enter the sport," Mullins told AUTOSPORT, in his first full-length interview since the end of US F1. "I can't give away any specifics right now, but I can say I don't believe a start-up team is possible."

Full interview.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83850

Thank you for the link Scott..What would we do without.......
Old 2 Jun 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2703324)   #21
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
F1 Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Welcome to the forum.

There's no mention in that article of American drivers. Which of them could feasibly step up to F1 at some point in the future?
Depending on when (if?) an American team gets off the ground I would think that they would look for one experienced, non-American and Alex Rossi as the second driver. Since there are no Americans with current F1 experience they would have no choice then to get at least one veteran driver and Rossi has the skills and speed to succeed in F1. He just needs at least 2 more years in the junior formulae.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2703700)   #22
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They could sign Rossi and Mario Andretti.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 12:04 (Ref:2703799)   #23
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marco Andretti perhaps? Or will his Dad's experience turn him off F1?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2703825)   #24
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP View Post
Marco Andretti perhaps? Or will his Dad's experience turn him off F1?
Lack of talent most likely.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2703829)   #25
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post
link here

not sure how serious or credible this group is. The old saying goes not to judge a book by it's cover - and let's hope that's true with the quality of their logo which looks like someone has asked their son to whip it up in 5 minutes, not the representation of a thoroughly and well conceived outfit.
That logo looks definitely dodgy.
In fact if this team is made up from all the USF1 left over bits I can guess they went to make up the logo.
As another saying goes 'everyone thinks they are a designer'.

P