Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Feb 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3032837)   #801
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
Legends of Speed

Come and watch over 200 entrants compete in the following classes Alfas, AES/TradeZone, Superhistorics & Formula Suzuki, Historics, Production Muscle Cars, Classic Japanese, Honda Cup, Classic Trial, Formula Ford, Formula Junior, Advanced Adhesives Allcomers Saloons, ACES +Arrow Wheels

for only 20 bucks

sounds like a good weekend!
Always entertaining and packed full of races. I suspect both sides (and the V8SC for that matter) could learn from that!!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3032838)   #802
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Good to see you back PM, I was a little worried I thought they had recaptured you and taken you back to the asylum.
How do you know he's not posting from there??
Old 29 Feb 2012, 06:58 (Ref:3032841)   #803
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
How do you know he's not posting from there??
Do you know what ward he is on? Recovery?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3032845)   #804
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Always entertaining and packed full of races. I suspect both sides (and the V8SC for that matter) could learn from that!!
unlikley to happen

in some eyes.. only new model cars look good on tv
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:20 (Ref:3032846)   #805
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Good to see you back PM, I was a little worried I thought they had recaptured you and taken you back to the asylum.
might be busy getting ready to make the jump to the other side

after all.. isn't next weekend the last ever NZV8 round?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:26 (Ref:3032848)   #806
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
haters gonna hate
Its been said before , but I'll say it again.

Your posts are largely empty. You contribute little You won't take a clear stand and refuse to debate your position.
I view you as a troll.

FYI - I don't hate NZV8. I do dislike intensely TMC. For a long time I have found MSNZ remiss in their core duties.

Which is a shame and detracts from the hard work of a good many capable dedicated individuals within the organisation

I have a sense of history.
I was involved with TraNZam lite way back when.
I had an involvement with NZV8.
I now am involved with a NZST team.

It is possible that I may be involved in TMC run classes in the future (or whatever will rise from the rubble)

But I'm not blind. And I'm not stupid.

It makes me a lesser person that your mindless twaddle annoys me but there you are.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3032849)   #807
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
wow! thanks for that Johnny

someone please this guy a hug
Old 29 Feb 2012, 08:08 (Ref:3032861)   #808
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
you should come to clipsal this weekend, there will more than 200 cars on the track over the weekend plus an f1 car
Old 29 Feb 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3032863)   #809
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
wow! thanks for that Johnny

someone please give this guy a hug
oops
Old 29 Feb 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3033033)   #810
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
But I'm not blind. And I'm not stupid.
In which case, may I invite you to read the section of the FAQ which deals with 'attack the post, not the poster'?

Thank you.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3033257)   #811
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you should come to clipsal this weekend, there will more than 200 cars on the track over the weekend plus an f1 car
I'd love to pop over for the Clipsal, will definitely do one year but current financial constraints prevent me from thinking about it this year and probably next...
Old 29 Feb 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3033262)   #812
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
might be busy getting ready to make the jump to the other side

after all.. isn't next weekend the last ever NZV8 round?
Aren't they putting on a "show" at Hamilton this year?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3033265)   #813
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes i think the final round is at the ITM400, April 20th - 22nd from memory
Old 29 Feb 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3033329)   #814
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Support classes for ITM 400 in Ham look pretty good, Central/Northern Muscle Cars, Open GT's, NZV8's (as long as more than 9 of them turn up) and V8 Utes (I suppose there had to be one duff one).

Oh yeah, and drift cars... Make that two duff ones
Old 1 Mar 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3033409)   #815
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Aren't they putting on a "show" at Hamilton this year?
nope

the series is dead

i read it on the internet
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3033789)   #816
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where did you read that PM?
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:06 (Ref:3033792)   #817
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yep i seen it to, bit of a shame that.
Oh well still got the muscle cars for a bit of eye candy.
Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3033802)   #818
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
where did you read that PM?
here

Old 1 Mar 2012, 23:22 (Ref:3033803)   #819
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Yep i seen it to, bit of a shame that.
Oh well still got the muscle cars for a bit of eye candy.
*drools* muscle cars!!!
Old 9 Mar 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3037632)   #820
Point2
Rookie

Point2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update

NZV8′s open up to new manufacturers
in CIRCUIT — March 9, 2012 7:49 am | no comments
Motorsport New Zealand has announced that as from next season vehicle eligibility for entry into the NZV8 championship would be opened up to any manufacturer-approved body and any V8 engine tuned to meet the required performance criteria.

The news follows acceptance by MotorSport New Zealand of the proposal by the board of NZV8s Ltd to accept any manufacturer-approved body style and a V8 engine.

President of MotorSport New Zealand, Shayne Harris announced the news at the official launch of the new generation NZV8 championship car, the space frame for which has to date been developed around Holden and Ford body panels and the Chev LS3 and Ford Coyote engines.

He said the concept had been discussed for some time as there was a wish to widen participation by the auto industry and the MotorSport New Zealand Executive had accepted the concept presented by NZV8s Ltd.

Chairman of NZV8s Ltd, Ian Tulloch, said a number of competitors have expressed interest in going down that route.

“It will allow a much wider range of motor companies to become involved in the sport.” Tulloch said.

“By providing the opportunity for car companies to team up with race teams, and with extensive TV coverage, we are establishing an exciting new competition for spectators and a cost effective marketing platform for the auto industry.”

“With the exception of the engines, all the technical components will be identical.* Car owners will be able to fit panels matching any manufacturer-approved model of car. Panels may require some minor modifications to fit the space frame chassis but it has been future proofed with that in mind.”

“Competitors will have the option of using the same manufacturer V8 engine or if a suitable variant is not available, using another V8. To ensure parity, all engines will use the same electronic engine management system which will allow tuning to meet strictly limited maximum power and torque outputs. Simple management through hub dyno’s and weight will guarantee the cars go out on the track with the same performance envelope.”

The new series will start in November and run through the summer as part of the MotorSport New Zealand race championship series. The summer series is promoted by The MotorSport Company Limited and features NZV8s, the Toyota International Series, V8 Utes, Suzuki, Production GT cars and a number of new classes to be incorporated into the series this year.

Tags: featured motorsport nz nzv8

Old 9 Mar 2012, 20:18 (Ref:3037665)   #821
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know test times from yesterday
Old 10 Mar 2012, 02:14 (Ref:3037781)   #822
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2 View Post
NZV8′s open up to new manufacturers
in CIRCUIT — March 9, 2012 7:49 am | no comments
Motorsport New Zealand has announced that as from next season vehicle eligibility for entry into the NZV8 championship would be opened up to any manufacturer-approved body and any V8 engine tuned to meet the required performance criteria.

The news follows acceptance by MotorSport New Zealand of the proposal by the board of NZV8s Ltd to accept any manufacturer-approved body style and a V8 engine.

President of MotorSport New Zealand, Shayne Harris announced the news at the official launch of the new generation NZV8 championship car, the space frame for which has to date been developed around Holden and Ford body panels and the Chev LS3 and Ford Coyote engines.

He said the concept had been discussed for some time as there was a wish to widen participation by the auto industry and the MotorSport New Zealand Executive had accepted the concept presented by NZV8s Ltd.

Chairman of NZV8s Ltd, Ian Tulloch, said a number of competitors have expressed interest in going down that route.

“It will allow a much wider range of motor companies to become involved in the sport.” Tulloch said.

“By providing the opportunity for car companies to team up with race teams, and with extensive TV coverage, we are establishing an exciting new competition for spectators and a cost effective marketing platform for the auto industry.”

“With the exception of the engines, all the technical components will be identical.* Car owners will be able to fit panels matching any manufacturer-approved model of car. Panels may require some minor modifications to fit the space frame chassis but it has been future proofed with that in mind.”

“Competitors will have the option of using the same manufacturer V8 engine or if a suitable variant is not available, using another V8. To ensure parity, all engines will use the same electronic engine management system which will allow tuning to meet strictly limited maximum power and torque outputs. Simple management through hub dyno’s and weight will guarantee the cars go out on the track with the same performance envelope.”

The new series will start in November and run through the summer as part of the MotorSport New Zealand race championship series. The summer series is promoted by The MotorSport Company Limited and features NZV8s, the Toyota International Series, V8 Utes, Suzuki, Production GT cars and a number of new classes to be incorporated into the series this year.

Tags: featured motorsport nz nzv8

Don't think this will ever happen - sounds more like a marketing ploy to try and breathe some life into something that is halfway between intensive care and the morgue.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3037784)   #823
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/pages/NZV8s/284426421570320
Quote:
Orders flow for new NZV8 Touring Car
Following its official launch in Taupo on Friday night firm orders have been placed for nine of the new NZV8 Touring Cars.
Next season Fords and Holdens may be joined by Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes and other makes as the championship has been opened up by MotorSport New Zealand to all brands.
Development of the space frame chassis, which is very similar to the Supercar, has been around Ford and Holden bodies, but is designed to accommodate panels from other models of car.
“The prototype car has been tested over the past few months and we are now confident we can offer a reliable package,” NZV8 series coordinator David Slater said.
“There is a lot of interest in the car and I expect to receive more orders in the next few weeks as other teams firm up their plans for next summer.”
Current NZV8 competitor, Cambridge-based Nick Ross, is excited by the new car. “I think the new concept is great. It’s going to be really affordable for the little guy who hasn’t got a big budget. They can buy one of these cars and go racing and be competitive right out of the box.”
Cost of the new car is approximately $60,000 plus tax for a rolling chassis or $160,000 plus tax as a ready to race car depending on the owner’s final requirements.
The new generation car will compete for the NZV8 Touring Car Championship and trophy in 2012-13 and existing NZV8s will contest a separate MotorSport New Zealand championship.
hmmmm
Old 10 Mar 2012, 05:55 (Ref:3037796)   #824
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More Updates
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Mar 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3037813)   #825
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Starting to fizz beautifully. Ford engines in a Ford and Chev engines in a Holden as it should be. None of that clone BS.