Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3071785)   #76
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Interesting- so is it someone strengthening their driver squad for Laguna by adding Cocker as third driver-
Rumors point to the Dempsey car. Still waiting for the announcement.
Old 9 May 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3071889)   #77
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanta4 View Post
Rumors point to the Dempsey car. Still waiting for the announcement.
GG/DSC confirmed it a bit ago on twitter. Great news!
Old 10 May 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3071989)   #78
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Sorry for the delay, was waiting on some things, but the Ten-Tenths supported ALMS guide is now online.

If you dont need the guide immediately, I would hold off in case there are any updates.

Note, TRG #66 and #68 have swapped drivers with Krohn and co now in the #68, complete with KR branding. This was confirmed by TRG (who are always very helpful) earlier today

You can download the guide at http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/

Thanks to Grant and Ten-Tenths for their continued support
As I hinted, the guide has now been updated with the Dempsey Lola P2 running as #27.

Same link as before, but the actual SG guide filename is different
Old 10 May 2012, 02:43 (Ref:3072024)   #79
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
As I hinted, the guide has now been updated with the Dempsey Lola P2 running as #27.

Same link as before, but the actual SG guide filename is different
What would we ever do without you? Impeccable job as always
Old 10 May 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3072029)   #80
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks a ton for the guide, Andy!

Chris
Old 10 May 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3072305)   #81
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
one small thing. I believe Dempsey are on Michelin, not Dunlop as shown in the guide.
Old 10 May 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3072314)   #82
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good Morning from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca!

The weather is a bit chilly here at the track today, but hopefully soon the sun is supposed to come out. Today we've got some changes to make to the car before testing at 4:30 PST this afternoon. Some of those changes include a new front splitter and a modified rear-wing to generate more down force. The resulting increase in drag will be compensated by a larger restrictor and hence a slight increase in power output. To read more, here's Porsche's newsletter: http://bit.ly/JiFCj0. I've posted some pictures on twitter.com/falkenalms for those who haven't already seen them. The car just got back from tech and the team is getting to work, both in the garage and in pitlane. Bryan and Wolf just arrived and look ready to go. Today we're going to do an online Q&A with the pair, so if you're on twitter, keep your eyes open. Once I can get a good time from the two of them, I'll announce it on twitter. If you're not on twitter, you can email me questions as well (kelly@walkerracing) and I'll post the replies here, if desired.

We've got a small project involving Porsche in the works, and I'm collecting any questions fans may have for Porsche regarding their relationship with Team Falken Tire and their GT program. If you have any questions you'd like to hear back from Porsche about, please send them to me by noon PST today. To ensure I get them, please email the questions to Kelly@walkerracing. I'd love to hear from you! Porsche is really looking forward to this Q&A with the fans.

See you soon!
Old 10 May 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3072364)   #83
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for posting Kelly.
Good luck for the race.
Old 10 May 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3072374)   #84
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Yep , I'll second that , best of luck with the race , from the 2 biggest Porsche fans on this site , Spyderman and meself .
Old 10 May 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3072386)   #85
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
See you soon!
That splitter looks bigger than normal.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but Richard Lietz will drive #45 with Jörg and Patrick.

Tom.
Old 10 May 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3072395)   #86
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice one Airbus!
Old 10 May 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3072399)   #87
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
That splitter looks bigger than normal.

Tom.
Splitter looks enormous
Old 10 May 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3072402)   #88
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news and good luck I will be sure to stop by on Saturday when we get to the track. Trying to get a poster signed by all of the factory drivers so I will be paying wolf a visit.
Old 10 May 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3072446)   #89
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yep , I'll second that , best of luck with the race , from the 2 biggest Porsche fans on this site , Spyderman and meself .
Your kidding right, you 2 have been writing Porsche off all year
Old 10 May 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3072458)   #90
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
A fan need not be unrealistic or optimistic...

I love the Leafs, but spend most of my waking hours during the season cursing at them.

The fact is, I just hate the rest of the NHL more.
Old 10 May 2012, 23:51 (Ref:3072477)   #91
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Many thanks for the spotter guide Andy! I noticed Tracy Krohn is in the #68 GTC car, shame he doesnt bring the Ferrari out instead.
Old 11 May 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3072486)   #92
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Libra and Dempsey both made the first practice. Good to see.

Times tonight are kind of slow. Dyson hasn't had any speed, and Chris had a couple spins. last years pole was a 1:13.9. so far best time is in teh 1:18's by Mr. Montagny.

All classes are slower tonight though, not just the sharp end.

Last edited by joeb; 11 May 2012 at 01:12.
Old 11 May 2012, 01:22 (Ref:3072494)   #93
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder who will get pole. In the heyday they were down in the 1:10's!
Old 11 May 2012, 02:19 (Ref:3072504)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Muscle milk came out late in the session to take the honors for the night but much slower than years past. Maybe when the track rubbers in times will drop. Temperatures may be playing a role as well.
Old 11 May 2012, 03:34 (Ref:3072511)   #95
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Corvettes 1-2 in GT so far, very happy. Even if BOP is screwy right now, it's still Corvette Racing's championship to lose this year (always had great experience and now has the car the drivers need)
Old 11 May 2012, 03:56 (Ref:3072512)   #96
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Corvettes 1-2 in GT so far, very happy. Even if BOP is screwy right now, it's still Corvette Racing's championship to lose this year (always had great experience and now has the car the drivers need)
If last years BMW pole time is anything to go by then this will be a dogfight.
Porsche should be much stronger
Ferrari is arguably the quickest car ever made
And Corvette looking strong.

Things are looking good for a 6 hour sprint race!
Old 11 May 2012, 04:36 (Ref:3072519)   #97
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup, the splitter is new as well as the wing. you can read about it here: http://bit.ly/JiFCj0
Old 11 May 2012, 04:56 (Ref:3072523)   #98
FalkenALMS
Racer

Here's our Team PR from today's test:"TEAM FALKEN TIRE CREATES TALLER TIRE IN TIME FOR MAZDA RACEWAY " http://bit.ly/JjXTOE
Old 11 May 2012, 05:01 (Ref:3072526)   #99
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Here's our Team PR from today's test:"TEAM FALKEN TIRE CREATES TALLER TIRE IN TIME FOR MAZDA RACEWAY " http://bit.ly/JjXTOE
Thanks for coming on and giving us first hand information - it is appreciated.
Old 11 May 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3072533)   #100
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
A critical voice does not mean that there is no support. (as others have pointed out).

Blind allegiance have gotten many in trouble before.

I'm still not convinced that Porsche has a car to beat the 458. I hope I'm wrong, and will be more than happy to admit as much if these alterations place the 2012 RSR on top of the pecking order.

(PS. It's quite boorish of you to question my Porsche fan credentials. I have lived with a Porsche in the household since 1959 and have followed Porsche Motorsport since the 60's).

Last edited by Spyderman; 11 May 2012 at 05:55.