Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 May 2012, 06:00 (Ref:3072536)   #101
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You guys are kidding right, with Air ram of a restrictor it's Porsche's championship to lose. The only thing we are gonna get excited by is wondering by how much is Porsche gonna sandbag, so their dominance isn't oblivious, Pretty much what BMW was doning last year. And there is no Ferrari presence in the ALMS to speek of. The ESM team is a joke.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 11 May 2012, 06:06 (Ref:3072539)   #102
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Your kidding right, you 2 have been writing Porsche off all year
Excuse me ..... I suggest your jesting Richard ..... there are no bigger Porsche fans than Spyderman and me ..... read the thread you illiterate fool .

I have every faith in Porsche , but they have an uphill battle against the newer developed 458 , with their old beetle , but not in the ALMS cuz ESM arnt very good now , are they .

To be honest the 458 in ALMS is a bit of a joke ..... say differant !

Porsche through and through , thick and thin .

Im actually surprised by your comment , I guess your ture colors are coming through .

Last edited by The Badger; 11 May 2012 at 06:11.
Old 11 May 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3072542)   #103
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Sorry for the delay, was waiting on some things, but the Ten-Tenths supported ALMS guide is now online.

Note, TRG #66 and #68 have swapped drivers with Krohn and co now in the #68, complete with KR branding. This was confirmed by TRG (who are always very helpful) earlier today

You can download the guide at http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/

Thanks to Grant and Ten-Tenths for their continued support
Version 4 now online with latest updates (special thanks to John Dagys and Martin Spetz for sending images through)

Dempsey Lola P2 - now with branding and Michelin Tires
Merchant Services & PR1 PC - New Liveries
JDX Porsche 911 GTC - Flexbox logo change (I assume because Matthew Marsh is racing).

link as before
Old 11 May 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3072543)   #104
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
458 would be the dominant car in ALMS too if it weren't for BoP and ESM's mediocre efforts... Risi screwed up a good opportunity last year, mostly thanks to mr Melo's (and at times Toni's too) idiocy of course but still

Not sure if Corvette can repeat the LB win here, last year's race didn't exactlygo to plan thanks to issues with cooling temperatures and stuff...
Old 11 May 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3072626)   #105
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
And there is no Ferrari presence in the ALMS to speek of. The ESM team is a joke.
Yes and no. There is a Ferrari presence but its not Risi. I wouldnt call ESM a joke but they're not at the level of Risi and that standard that Risi competed to is needed to be at the sharp end of an incredibly competitive GT class. ESM arent at that standard and I feel sorry that good drivers like Johannes Van Overbeck and Guy Cosmo are wasted like this.

We have top shelf efforts from BMW, Porsche and Corvette, we (not just us Ferrari fans) need Risi (or someone at their level) to be in the class, it just aint the same without a Ferrari fighting it out for the win race in race out.
Old 11 May 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3072677)   #106
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Yes and no. There is a Ferrari presence but its not Risi. I wouldnt call ESM a joke but they're not at the level of Risi and that standard that Risi competed to is needed to be at the sharp end of an incredibly competitive GT class. ESM arent at that standard and I feel sorry that good drivers like Johannes Van Overbeck and Guy Cosmo are wasted like this.

We have top shelf efforts from BMW, Porsche and Corvette, we (not just us Ferrari fans) need Risi (or someone at their level) to be in the class, it just aint the same without a Ferrari fighting it out for the win race in race out.
Seems pretty likely ESM would produce decent outcomes solely by placing Van Overbeek/Cosmo within the same entry. That doesn't seem likely any time soon, though.
Old 11 May 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3072693)   #107
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im a bit dissapointed in them to be honest ..... 3 years at it now , and very few convincing results .
Old 11 May 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3072713)   #108
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im a bit dissapointed in them to be honest ..... 3 years at it now , and very few convincing results .
Seems as if they put on a decent show at Laguna every year. Was it last year or, the year before Van Overbeek was in contention for the win in the final laps?

They're just never able to convert form to results.
Old 11 May 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3072744)   #109
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They've showed flashes of glory at times but too many errors and bad decisions have really killed the chances for any success - I'm surprised they're still so commited. Also atm they're the only ALMS GT team not getting any BoP advantages

Long Beach was going very well for them until Sharp decided to screw things up in his usual silly way
Old 11 May 2012, 17:13 (Ref:3072757)   #110
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the support guys, we really appreciate having such interactive fans.

Today at 2:00pm on twitter (@FalkenALMS), we'll be giving away a hot lap on track in a Porsche (Huge thanks to Porsche for giving us these every race weekend). First to answer the trivia question correctly wins. If you're here at the track I encourage you to participate. This is an AMAZING track to have a hot lap!

The car is ready to head into the pits and the drivers are suited up and ready to go for practice #1 of the weekend.
Old 11 May 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3072786)   #111
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was going to try and disagree with you somehow by saying how competitive the ALMS GT category is, but then I thought look what Falken has done in the same time frame.
Old 11 May 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3072799)   #112
The Badger
Veteran

I reckon they could be a better team , if they had better drivers ..... thats their issue I feel .
Old 11 May 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3072801)   #113
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutted this isn't on for us UK viewers on Motors TV.
Old 11 May 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3072808)   #114
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some background on Duarte Félix da Costa:

- He, like his brother António who is in GP3, is backed by Barclay's Bank. I've tried to find out who in their family is an Executive or Stockholder of the Bank in Portugal but no idea

About his career so far, started out in single seats and since 2007 he's been in touring or GTs. Seat Leon Eurocup in 07,08 and 2010. Some cameos in WTCC and ex-ETCC. Drove a Ferrari 430 in 2009 International GT open, and last year was in Blancpain with a pretty successful Lamborghini Gallardo with Leipert support with 2 other Portuguese, who are now racing the ASM Team McLaren in Blancpain.
Old 11 May 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3072811)   #115
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I reckon they could be a better team , if they had better drivers ..... thats their issue I feel .
As a fan, I want to see Risi back. ESM are no Risi.

Badger, as a Porsche fan, don't you want to see the Lizards against Risi like it was a few years ago? Great battles!
Old 11 May 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3072853)   #116
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Is there something up at the track? Practice 2 should have started half an hour ago, but I've seen no update on T&S.

EDIT: Okay, it's going now.

Last edited by Purist; 11 May 2012 at 23:17.
Old 11 May 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3072855)   #117
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its back up and running now, first half an hour showed no updates.
Old 11 May 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3072864)   #118
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Qualifying stream is up and running. GTCs are hitting the track.
Old 12 May 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3072871)   #119
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good run for Aston in a beautiful car!
Old 12 May 2012, 00:39 (Ref:3072876)   #120
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Did Seth Neiman actually hit the #007? It seems the Flying Lizard team make a conscious effort every year to put off some fans with their silly antics and unsporting behavior.
Old 12 May 2012, 01:09 (Ref:3072885)   #121
fanta4
Racer

United States
AKA fanta
fanta4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Did Seth Neiman actually hit the #007? It seems the Flying Lizard team make a conscious effort every year to put off some fans with their silly antics and unsporting behavior.
If so, it didn't seem to hurt the 007. Also, Seth isn't someone to purposely take someone out. I am sure this was an accidental antic.
Old 12 May 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3072886)   #122
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I got excited for Aston but then remembered BOP. Still, good to see variety near the front. Re: ESM - Sharp lost some track position during his stint at Long Beach, but he also had a decent pass on one of the Corvettes I think. They just can't pull off enough in one race to get a win.
Old 12 May 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3072887)   #123
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Closest GT qualifying ever? 6 cars in 0.04, two of which posting an identical time.
Old 12 May 2012, 01:56 (Ref:3072889)   #124
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche is either sandbagging or still struggling.
Old 12 May 2012, 03:23 (Ref:3072897)   #125
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
0.3 sec off the top Corvette = struggling?!