Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Mar 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3226053)   #226
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It depends on whether they favour Hamilton.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3226083)   #227
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm just looking for consistency here garcon.

I will be keeping a close eye on everyone in this thread.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3226105)   #228
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After all the discussion preseason about the two merc drivers yellow helmets and how we would tell them apart Ross has resolved the situation, Hamilton is the one in front of Rosberg.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3226107)   #229
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by migliacars View Post
I can agree with you that I am probably in the minority.

But go onto Youtube and search.

Lewis Hamilton mistakes.
Nico Rosberb mistakes.

A good driver is not just about quick laps. To finish first, first you need to finish.
I agree you won't find many Nico Rosberb mistakes on a Google search..... Probably done in fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post

I will be keeping a close eye on everyone in this thread.

Ah. I'm outta here.......
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3226112)   #230
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3226117)   #231
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
But I thought we established in the Button/Hamilton thread that mechanical failures count for nothing and magically disappear?
Not with me you didn't.

I was only stating that Rosberg would not be happy. I never said that he had been cheated out of higher points finishes.

And I suppose that is the reason why I loathe these driver threads. Come the end of the season one of these two drivers will be said to have 'deservedly' triumphed over the other driver because of a higher points tally, regardless of team orders, mechanical failures, acts of God, etc.

These are certainly posts that I will be keeping an eye on, too.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3226122)   #232
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm watching you sunshine.

Watching.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3226128)   #233
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I'm watching you sunshine.

Watching.
You're most likely to find me in and around the technical threads, fighting off the 'doom and gloom' merchants in those.

Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3226135)   #234
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
After all the discussion preseason about the two merc drivers yellow helmets and how we would tell them apart Ross has resolved the situation, Hamilton is the one in front of Rosberg.
Well I think that's cleared up.

Thread closed?

Old 28 Mar 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3226168)   #235
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
either way I think Rosberg is much better driver overall, he's making Hamilton look pretty average thats for sure.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3226185)   #236
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jeepers.

Come back at the end of the season. Two races does not make for a large enough sample size, statistically, holistically, or anything-else-ically.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3226191)   #237
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Hysterically?
Old 28 Mar 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3226196)   #238
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, good one. Two races makes for a hysterically small sample size indeed.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 03:47 (Ref:3226259)   #239
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Looking at the points, you would have to say that Hamilton is the better driver. But that's only if you look at the points. Rosberg's had a gearbox failure and team orders to contend with. He can't be a happy chappy at the moment.
Looking at points, you'd say Rosberg absolutely dominated Schumacher all 3 years. He didn't though.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3226387)   #240
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As is always the way, those who are fans of LH will make out a good case for him being the best. Fans of NR will do the opposite. Those in the middle will just sit back and say.... I don't really care that much......

Now you can close the thread Garc.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3226389)   #241
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
As is always the way, those who are fans of LH will make out a good case for him being the best. Fans of NR will do the opposite. Those in the middle will just sit back and say.... I don't really care that much......
You're right... and pretty much every driver based thread ends up the same way.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:57 (Ref:3226445)   #242
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We clearly have far too much time on our hands.

Now ****** off and do some work!!
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3226486)   #243
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
either way I think Rosberg is much better driver overall, he's making Hamilton look pretty average thats for sure.
So, what you're saying is that based on their relative performances so far this year, Rosberg is making Rosberg look pretty average for sure.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:48 (Ref:3226489)   #244
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And I suppose that is the reason why I loathe these driver threads. Come the end of the season one of these two drivers will be said to have 'deservedly' triumphed over the other driver because of a higher points tally, regardless of team orders, mechanical failures, acts of God, etc.
After 22,087 posts, Marbot begins to realise the futility of it all.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3226521)   #245
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Indeed. Thank goodness that we do at least have some technical discussion, even if it's only about how crappy the tyres are this season.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3226631)   #246
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Quote:
Indeed. Thank goodness that we do at least have some technical discussion, even if it's only about how crappy the tyres are this season.
This is serious ! We might have an earthquake in the other side of the planet...

Prepare for the tsunami !
Old 29 Mar 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3226632)   #247
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From now on, Marbot only posts in the Pirelli thread...
Old 15 May 2013, 02:16 (Ref:3247650)   #248
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reliability and team orders aside, I think Rosberg has the upper hand so far this season.
Old 15 May 2013, 08:16 (Ref:3247735)   #249
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Reliability and team orders aside, I think Rosberg has the upper hand so far this season.
So far, yes, but to be fair Lewis needs more time to get properly settled into that team - Rosberg is several years to the better there in that respect. Also, you'd have to say that the Merc at the moment really punishes a driver whose heavy on his tyres - as Lewis is - and that's put Lewis at a huge disadvantage. I think that when the dust settles and things have stabilized, you'll probably find there's not much between the two. Lewis will do well at some tracks/situations, Nico at others.

The big question for me though is whether things will get too much for Lewis, whether he will loose patience and run back to McLaren as the prodigal son after a single season ?
Old 15 May 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3247805)   #250
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it possible to give drivers a fair comparison in the current formula? That's more worthy of a debate than a Rosberg/Hamilton comparison to me.

I rate Hamilton amongst the top bracket of drivers...but it's not surprised me that Rosberg has matched him (at the very least).

Great era for drivers, this. Shame they can't really go for each other though.