Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Oct 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1748645)   #101
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
the bbc breakfast show made an interesting point : the modern mini 1.6 actually fits into category f, where the least efficient is g. so it isn't just big cars that will suffer from this car parking scheme.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1748681)   #102
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely the parking thing must be based on size rather than pollution. As rightly pointed out they aren't polluting then. As Peter points out then the new Mini falls into this category.

On top of that, what about people who park badly? Taking up more space than they need? These should be the ones who have to pay more for parking. I reckon I can park my 4x4 in less space than many in Micras.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1748686)   #103
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is all getting too rational. Time to move it to road cars methinks.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1748737)   #104
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
They are also saying they will chage the extra even if its parked outside yer door.

Ensign thats fine if they do use the DVLA computer because nowhere but nowhere on the site do they use the phrase 4 x 4 in fact some of the 4 x 4's listed are way down the pecking order for being polluters, and thats the point of the thread basically stop 4 x 4 bashing with that ridiculous phrase 'Gas Guzzerling 4 x 4's' so loved by the media.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1748739)   #105
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just heard the news and they are still saying the reason is pollution. Which is complete tosh. Richmond want more cash and someone at the council doesn't like 4x4s and freedom of choice.

I see the public of Richmond will be consulted. So this is a certainty then. Less people have a 4x4 than do and we don't live in a live-and-let-live world anymore. We live in a world where people like to screw* their neighbour.

*you know what I mean! he he

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Oct 2006 at 10:29.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1748743)   #106
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just proves that the media are pandering to the misinformed muppets of which there are some on this site.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1748748)   #107
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
and therein lies the problem with democracy, the misinformed muppet.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:00 (Ref:1749059)   #108
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
This is all getting too rational. Time to move it to road cars methinks.
thanks
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1749154)   #109
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The motorist is an easy target for Government, be it local or national, for revenue. The pollution issue is being used as an excuse for raising money. If every penny raised went into making a cleaner environment or making our transport system better, perhaps I wouldn't mind so much. I bet it doesn't and it's probably being used to prop the latest wacky education or social security idea that our beloved morons have just thought up.

At least I can remember the time when racing cars ran without silencers and they were NOISY
Old 25 Oct 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1749244)   #110
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I call it simply jealously
Old 25 Oct 2006, 18:45 (Ref:1749262)   #111
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It seems that, as a society, we can't stand people living differently to ourself. Things that are done by a minority will be abolished. Where will this end? I don't know, but motorsport will go long before we reach it.

Last edited by Adam43; 25 Oct 2006 at 21:15.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1749284)   #112
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Definitely, I am sure the only thing that keeps it out the firing range is the jobs it produces in this country as that seems to be the overidding priority above all else as people working means taxes. I will say though if we had to we could run on alterate fuels and hard road tyres (all formulas as it would be the same for everyone) and that would take the pressure off and I am surprized this route is not more actively pushed by the MSA.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1749901)   #113
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
lol!

(Incidently, you can't do this in a Taurus! )
Can do it in a 2wd (ok it wasn't a Taurus) - I did that distance in slightly over an hour in the South Australian outback north of Roxby Downs... I do have an excuse though, was your road covered in rocks the size of housebricks? Also several floodways, I hit the first one a bit quickly and came out the other side airborne!

I always laugh when people complain about 4x4s, apart from wanting to run other people's lives there are few logical arguements for getting rid of them.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1750136)   #114
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Rocks the size of extremely large housebricks, 12" deep ruts & sharp bends with massive sheer drops. All VERY exciting! Trust me, there was no way that trip could be done in anything other than a 4x4. You should have seen the state of the car afterwards... Ooops.