Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3103338)   #776
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
depends about how much generous will be the budget. If ACO accepts 2 porsche lmp1 for as full entry in WEC nothing denies porsche to grid also an other invisible car in not le mans races.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3103344)   #777
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Quite right! How many cars do we reckon Porsche will field for the WEC? My guess is 3 for Le Mans and 2 for the rest of the WEC races.
My guess too .
But i think it will depend largely of what ACO will allow, and how many good drivers Porsche can get.

We know Audi, Toyota and Porsche will be there, but if Honda and/or Nissan show up, then we will 12 and/or 15 LMP1 manufacture Cars, almost eliminating the class for privateers.
(and if we get 15 manufacture cars, thats 45 Prof. high class drivers needed)
Old 7 Jul 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3103346)   #778
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
My guess too .
But i think it will depend largely of what ACO will allow, and how many good drivers Porsche can get.

We know Audi, Toyota and Porsche will be there, but if Honda and/or Nissan show up, then we will 12 and/or 15 LMP1 manufacture Cars, almost eliminating the class for privateers.
in a scenario like this i guess that lmp2 will become the new private class! basicly the same that was happening in the past with C1 and C2 class. Obiouvsly for "lmp2-private" class i mean a class where cars will be however lmp1 with the same hybridless and fuel limits imposed featuers shown in the le mans press conference.
Old 7 Jul 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3103382)   #779
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My guess too .

That sure would be incredible! I really hope that there is more mainstream media coverage if this is the case, as surely more manufacturer involvement means more interest?
Old 7 Jul 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3103408)   #780
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i wish that this would be the biggest problem of the aco: too many manufacturers in lmp1
Old 8 Jul 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3103590)   #781
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
Quite right! How many cars do we reckon Porsche will field for the WEC? My guess is 3 for Le Mans and 2 for the rest of the WEC races.
In which case, I would hope that the teams be Penske, Joest, and maybe Pesca, with Porsche support and drivers. Do we have anymore clues as to the guns that Porsche are trying to steal from Audi?
Old 8 Jul 2012, 04:50 (Ref:3103621)   #782
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The article does not specifically mention that Porsche are trying to steal any "guns"from Audi, perhaps because two of the Audi "guns"are actually Porsche factory drivers. It talks about Porsche trying to lure a senior person from Audi.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 05:34 (Ref:3103628)   #783
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Porsche is running 3 cars they do not need 3 different teams to run them. Penske ran 2 cars and even 3 at one point. Adding the 5 car for the indy car stars in the enduros. Pesca, Joest, and Penske is somewhat overkill. Joest will be with Audi until the end of time haha.
This looks like an in-house job from Porsche. First time in a long while that we see a works Porsche team.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3103643)   #784
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I managed to google this
http://www.italiamotorsport.it/docum...d_bull_176.pdf

They are still racing it seems.
Thanks for posting that up. Seems they have dropped under the radar and are doing club style racing at the moment. Would be nice to see them back on the international stage back in GT racing again.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3103647)   #785
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
If Porsche is running 3 cars they do not need 3 different teams to run them. Penske ran 2 cars and even 3 at one point. Adding the 5 car for the indy car stars in the enduros. Pesca, Joest, and Penske is somewhat overkill. Joest will be with Audi until the end of time haha.
This looks like an in-house job from Porsche. First time in a long while that we see a works Porsche team.
I dont think you will see an in house effort . From what I understand , Manthey will lead the effort , and will start gearing up in 2013 .
Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:33 (Ref:3103658)   #786
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I dont think you will see an in house effort . From what I understand , Manthey will lead the effort , and will start gearing up in 2013 .
Manthey? Dont get me wrong-Manthey are a very capable team but they have no history (that Im aware of anyway) of running an LMP so it doesnt make a lot of sense them running an LMP.

Maybe they'd be better off stepping up to the WEC etc to fill the spot left by an existing Porsche GTE team who might run an LMP in the future.

I think we'll see an inhouse effort like what was done with the GT1.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3103660)   #787
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

That Motorsport-Total article mentioned above said that they can't really do it "in house in house", due to labor laws and what not as all the rules that apply to the last mechanic and bean counter of Porsche AG would also apply to the race team, e.g. for working overtimes, holidays, etc and that would be a huge burocratic pain in the neck.

What I could see them doing is using Manthey (or someone else) as a shell for what it effectively an in house operation.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3103679)   #788
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Manthey? Dont get me wrong-Manthey are a very capable team but they have no history (that Im aware of anyway) of running an LMP so it doesnt make a lot of sense them running an LMP.

Maybe they'd be better off stepping up to the WEC etc to fill the spot left by an existing Porsche GTE team who might run an LMP in the future.

From what I hear , Manthey will run a semi-works GT WEC team in 2013 , to gell a top running crew together , drivers/pit crew , and will run a P1 team for Porsche in 2014 .
Old 8 Jul 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3103685)   #789
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rene Rast was mentioned by the danish Eurosport commentator as a driver who will be sure of an Porsche LMP1 seat. He didn't give any real reason, but he performed well in todays Porsche Supercup at Silverstone.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3103689)   #790
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highly doubt that, Rast has no prototype experience and he is wanting to go to DTM.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 12:01 (Ref:3103708)   #791
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From what I hear , Manthey will run a semi-works GT WEC team in 2013 , to gell a top running crew together , drivers/pit crew , and will run a P1 team for Porsche in 2014 .
If it is Manthey, it would make sense to have a prep year, like VW with Skoda this year in the WRC.

Any chance of Manthey running the yellow and green colours????
Old 8 Jul 2012, 12:04 (Ref:3103711)   #792
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Highly doubt that, Rast has no prototype experience and he is wanting to go to DTM.
I think Rast will get a seat in an Audi.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 13:31 (Ref:3103731)   #793
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeroen Bleekemolen could be a good choice? Obviously well accomplished in GTs with Porsche, prototype experience with Rebellion, and seemingly ready to break-out in a higher profile factory-backed team I would think.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3103839)   #794
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
I think Rast will get a seat in an Audi.
I think Rast will go nowhere. So far he hasn't scored a factory seat anywhere despite having multiple tryouts with various manufacturers.

Something about him seems to be a big turnoff for the manufacturers. Rast was also scheduled to compete in Intl. GT Open with Manthey before he was kicked off the squad shortly before the season.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3103841)   #795
alexkiller8
Veteran

i've read rumors on january 2012 that manthey was going to run the WEC season as porsche official team, but then they decided to run in GT open and unofficially in VLN.
Old 8 Jul 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3103882)   #796
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This seems like it holds water since Manthey arent dong the Nurburgring anymore.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 09:24 (Ref:3104075)   #797
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That Motorsport-Total article mentioned above said that they can't really do it "in house in house", due to labor laws and what not as all the rules that apply to the last mechanic and bean counter of Porsche AG would also apply to the race team, e.g. for working overtimes, holidays, etc and that would be a huge burocratic pain in the neck.

What I could see them doing is using Manthey (or someone else) as a shell for what it effectively an in house operation.
That would make more sense if Manthey was a shell for an inhouse team but I still gotta wonder-why Manthey? Why not someone else with LMP experience?

Quote:
Manthey in WEC next year? Bring it on! Should've happened this year instead of wasting their time in GT Open.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3104091)   #798
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Manthey in WEC next year? Bring it on! Should've happened this year instead of wasting their time in GT Open.
100% agreed on that one. Would love to see them have a crack at the WEC!
Old 11 Jul 2012, 12:27 (Ref:3105076)   #799
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Manthey can get a chance to run a LMP car should they have the budget when 2014 hits?
Old 11 Jul 2012, 13:08 (Ref:3105108)   #800
The Badger
Veteran

I heard Manthey will run the proto , and will be a semi works team .