Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who's out of a F1 drive in 2004?
Michael Schumacher 9 11.54%
Rubens Barrichello 3 3.85%
Juan Pablo Montoya 0 0%
Ralf Schumacher 6 7.69%
David Coulthard 8 10.26%
Kimi Raikkonen 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 6 7.69%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Nick Heidfeld 1 1.28%
Heinz-Harald Frentzen 30 38.46%
Giancarlo Fisichella 2 2.56%
Ralph Firman 30 38.46%
Mark Webber 4 5.13%
Antonio Pizzonia 41 52.56%
Jacques Villeneuve 20 25.64%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Justin Wilson 4 5.13%
Jos Verstappen 27 34.62%
Olivier Panis 30 38.46%
Cristiano Da Matta 9 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2003, 04:06 (Ref:626686)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Who's out in 2004?

We had quiet a few changes at the end of last season with Salo, McNish, Yoong, Irvine, DelaRosa, Sato & Massa all parting with their seats and out of a Formula One drive.

So which of the current drivers won't be with us next year?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:04 (Ref:626705)   #2
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pizza boy
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:21 (Ref:626711)   #3
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf? If not Williams the closet?
Old 10 Jun 2003, 05:28 (Ref:626716)   #4
Jalt
Rookie

Jalt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose pizza but don't really want him to go...besides he's getting driving lessons....hehe

voted for panis.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 06:03 (Ref:626729)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
, ok, who were the 2 guys who voted for Michael Schumacher?

Frenzen, Villeneuve, Firman, Panis.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 06:04 (Ref:626730)   #6
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Panis. However, Pizza, Villeneuve, Frentzen, Firman and Verstappen must all be under some pressure. Especially if Jordan and/or Minardi go bust which will reduce the grid further.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:14 (Ref:626764)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frentzen, Pizzonia and Verstappen are certain to go I reckon.

Panis would be likely as he and Toyota really don't appear to be getting on at the moment.

Firman is a possible if his results don't pick up.

Villeneuve is also a possibility.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 07:16 (Ref:626766)   #8
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Pizza boy, Firman and Villeneuve are gone.

and: NO, not Jos, Minardi need him(and not only for the sponsors he brings to the team)
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:13 (Ref:626808)   #9
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen, Villeneuve, Pizzonia, Firman, Verstappen and Panis.

I'm not up on the state of contracts and whatever, so I'm just saying...these guys are either not doing very well, on the cusp of retiring...or both, Jacques.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:14 (Ref:626809)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frentzen, Pizzaboy, Vermin and Panis.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:24 (Ref:626821)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
According to our poll so far, it would appear Panis and Pizzonia are heading for a golf course soon, with Firman and Verstappen driving the golf buggies.

Villeneuve and Frentzen are right behind also. I voted for all of them.

Voting for Michael, Rubins, Kimi, Montoya, Ralf etc is just silly. Even if they lost their curretn rides other teams would scoop them up.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:39 (Ref:626839)   #12
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen, Pizzonia & Verstappen are the certainties to lose their drives.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:05 (Ref:626858)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Frentzen - he's getting old and past it.
Firman - hasn't impressed enough this season
Verstappen - same as Frentzen
Pizzonia - I didn't vote for. Jaguar are looking for consistency, getting rid of another driver won't help. He's an excellent development driver, and may yet show his full potential.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:44 (Ref:626888)   #14
Jalt
Rookie

Jalt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, just what IF Jag keeps Pizzonia?!?!?!

MAN that would be really good!!! (wilson would have been good too, but i'm more of a pizza fan... i think I feel sorry for him).

Pizza's staying!! Pizza's staying!! Pizza's staying!! Pizza's staying!! Pizza's staying!!

(if I write it often enough it will happen... and he is getting driving lessons from Jackie...which is kinda hilarious ).

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/15867
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:24 (Ref:626928)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I voted for Harry-Heinz, but I think we'll also see the back of Villeneuve, possibly Pizzonia, and perhaps Panis as well (though I hope not). HHF just isn't delivering, JV is wildly expensive for little return and perhaps his best days are behind him, Pizzonia can't get to grips with the Jaguar, and Panis is, by all accounts, unhappy at Toyota.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 10:55 (Ref:626954)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see HHF going anywhere. Maybe if Sauber happen along another Raikkonen, but as it is HHF is a strong solid driver who will see out his career at Sauber. His season hasn't got off to the best start, but I think that also applies to the team as a whole.
Pizzonia will be the one to go! He just doesn't have the character to make it; too soft like Rubens. Maybe he could stay as a tester but he would really need to smooth out his driving.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 10 Jun 2003, 11:03 (Ref:626958)   #17
Pit_Lane_Babe
Rookie

Pit_Lane_Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Asp said, Firman me thinks. He's not done a lot at the moment that has impressed me and made me think "yeah he deserves to stay".
Maybe I'm bias beacuse I think Paffett should have got his drive, I don't know!!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 11:07 (Ref:626961)   #18
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm gonna have to go with firman as well, he hasn't exactly knocked me outta my seat saying i'm a great driver i jsut haven't got the best drive!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:23 (Ref:627014)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Panis will jack it in as his Toyota expires yet again. Pizzonia will be pushed out. Bye, bye Jos Verstappen!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 12:28 (Ref:627018)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Frentzen, Panis, Firman and Pizzonia will all have a lot of free weekends next year.

Verstappen will stay at Minardi (assuming they survive) - he brings in too many sponsors for them to ditch him. The others should all be OK, maybe a few swap teams but that's nothing unusual.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 13:02 (Ref:627066)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think EJ will keep Firman. He has potential, and it would be a waste to dump him now. Whether Fisi will still be at Jordan, well, that's another matter...
Old 10 Jun 2003, 18:18 (Ref:627389)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I was torn between Panis and Verstappen, but i went for OP in the end, after all, if Minardi are desperate, they might keep Jos on.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 19:09 (Ref:627451)   #23
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frentzen is retiring and his place in the Sauber-Mercedes is taken by either Alex Wurtz or Olivier Panis, who is replaced by Villeneuve or Coulthard in Toyota.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 10 Jun 2003, 19:52 (Ref:627503)   #24
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi will go bust anyway and no other team will even consider thinking about the possibility of taking on Verstappen. So he is definatly out.

Pizzonia will leave as well. Jag is only hanging on to him because it simply costs too much money to dishonor his contract (they are paying for Delarosa as we speak).

Firman will go when the money runs out, which obviously will be at the end of this season.

Both Ralf and DC will be fired from their current seats, but both of them will land a drive elsewhere in F1.

Jacques needs to raise his game and lower his salarydemands if he wants to drive in F1 post-2003.

Frentzen is done as well. DTM for him.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 20:07 (Ref:627519)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'm not sure DC will be fired. If I were Ron Dennis, I'd let DC go and bring Heidfeld in, but I'm not the Ronster, and never will be.

Anyone know, btw, if Helio Castro Neves still has a contract with McLaren/Mercedes? Just a thought...