Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 May 2004, 23:00 (Ref:970386)   #1
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
"Essential Guide to Le Mans" 2004

Hi all,

Now that we know that Radio Le Mans will be active this year, my question relates to the guides that TRMG have produced over the past few years.

I looked through the adverts on a number of mags but haven't found anything yet this year. Also nothing is shown on their website.

Does anyone know if anyone other than Autosport (who do a good job with their LM guide) is producing anything?

Cheers

Steve
Old 14 May 2004, 05:04 (Ref:970512)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
We've got one in France (Bernard, Pascal, was it edited already ?)... not sure it helps, here...
Old 14 May 2004, 08:50 (Ref:970658)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'd guess autosport will do their usual sterling effort, and autocar usually does a good piece on why you should go down. i'm guessing the uk nationals will eventually pick up on the large british driver element at the race this year, mcnish, herbert, wilson etc. i have high hopes for usage of my "speak no evil" mcrae picture gettting some usage.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:07 (Ref:970674)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McNish and Herbert were on last night's "Five Live Formula One" show (on Radio Five) discussing the LMES Monza race and mentioning LM.
Old 14 May 2004, 09:44 (Ref:970711)   #5
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The press conference after the LMES race was absolutely hilarious, with McNish and Herbert exchanging jibes - get these two on some high-profile shows and sportscar racing would get a big boost in this country
Old 14 May 2004, 10:21 (Ref:970729)   #6
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aaaah, the infamous Autosport...
I must admit, that in my opinion this publication has really gone down the tubes over the last few years, and now seems to be aimed at 10 year olds. Their pre and post race efforts were pretty damn poor last year, and I reckon there's a real hole in the market for someone to produce an intelligent and well written preview and guide.
Shortly after last years race I started a thread in CA about the rag, and some of the feedback was on the button, I'd like to think they make a better attempt this year:

http://www.clubarnage.com/yabbse/ind...id=834;start=0

Aysi/Fab - as ever, feel free to delete if you think posting a link to another forum isn't quite cricket.
H
Old 14 May 2004, 12:10 (Ref:970820)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well all I'll say is subscribe to Dailysportscar.com you'll get all the build up over the week tons of photos and hourlyy reports during the race. LM alone is worth the subscription
Old 14 May 2004, 12:40 (Ref:970856)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, back to Steve's original subject......

I bought the first issue of the guide when it came out, what, 4-5 years ago? It was OK, but not particularly worth the money to anyone who'd been to Le Mans 3-4 times or more. I haven't bothered to get it since and I haven't seen it advertised this year.

There are plenty of sites around which give both newbies and vets what they really need to know.......
Old 14 May 2004, 12:48 (Ref:970862)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I felt the same Aysedasi. It looked good and it is good someone made a guide, but if you'd been before then it didn't include much of use.

However these days we have a very relaxed attitude to going. Almost get in the car and go.
Old 14 May 2004, 13:05 (Ref:970890)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish I could do that right now....... arriving in France nearly a month in advance - now that would be good!
Old 14 May 2004, 13:06 (Ref:970892)   #11
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guides are good for those newbies (like myself this year), everyone I know who has been before has offered advice as to where to go/what to see, helpful, but I doubt I'll remember it all by the time I'm there.
Old 14 May 2004, 14:20 (Ref:970966)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is the French AUTOhebdo guide two weeks before the race and which is available on the circuit and the AutoSport guide.
Both of them are rather "grand public".
Old 14 May 2004, 15:09 (Ref:971003)   #13
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I wish I could do that right now....... arriving in France nearly a month in advance - now that would be good!
Can't quite go a month in advance but s weeks will do me, we're in 2 weeks for the our yearly holiday, 1st week is Vence near Nice then drive back north to Le mans. I've bought the Auto Hebdo guide a few times while on holiday, gives me a chance to brush up on my poor school boy french, wow 25 years ago, never thought I'd need it when I was in school, now every year since '95 it's June so it's Le Mans!! Except when we got married
Old 14 May 2004, 16:15 (Ref:971070)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Dont forget your "imodium" ..... thats an essential guide !!!
Old 14 May 2004, 18:17 (Ref:971131)   #15
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's only three things you really need (excluding a few Euros for beer of course!) - a Radio (for RLM), toilet roll and a few bin liners (for when/if it rains- overnight of course!).

Everything else can be sorted out when you're there!
Old 15 May 2004, 01:08 (Ref:971458)   #16
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: "Essential Guide to Le Mans" 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
Does anyone know if anyone other than Autosport (who do a good job with their LM guide) is producing anything?
Cheers Steve
I still have my original ('99) and it was produced with Michelin.
Old 15 May 2004, 11:57 (Ref:971631)   #17
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: "Essential Guide to Le Mans" 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant

Steve, try this link

Is is not finished at all, Frank and I are currently going trough the photo's that we have shot three weeks ago to update the 'where to watch guide'...

I encourgae you all to add more stuff via the comment box below each chapter. I'll update the info once every few weeks. Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 16 May 2004, 00:57 (Ref:972033)   #18
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: "Essential Guide to Le Mans" 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by vandijk
Steve, try this link

Is is not finished at all, Frank and I are currently going trough the photo's that we have shot three weeks ago to update the 'where to watch guide'...

I encourgae you all to add more stuff via the comment box below each chapter. I'll update the info once every few weeks. Any suggestions are welcome!
really great video!