Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 23 Oct 2003, 14:51 (Ref:760862)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stolen Picture!?

Some of you may have noticed how bare the walls look in the Kentagon at Brands Hatch lately.
The manager has told me that several pictures / framed photos etc, were stolen earlier this year, despite them being screwed to the wall.
Among them was a limited edition print of the Formula Ford Festival that I donated to the Kentagon a couple of years ago. The original painting is safe and resides with Brands commentator Brian Jones, however the stolen print was in a black frame with glass and signed and numbered by myself - print no. 25 of 300.
As the print commemorates 25 years of the Festival at Brands, the print no (25) is quite significant.
Therefore if you are offered or see this print no.25 for sale, would you please contact me or call Brands Hatch.
Thankyou.
This is the print in question:
Attached Thumbnails
fest.jpg  

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 23 Oct 2003 at 14:55.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:28 (Ref:761146)   #2
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This sounds a bit suss to to me...how can someone unscrew pictures from a wall in a "pub" without anyone else seeing? The other option is when no ones there ie: when its shut which means an inside job. Either way someone must know someone...!! VERY SAD.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:56 (Ref:761173)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Baz, a bit bewildering.
I won't be donating anything else to 'Octagon' or whatever the owners are called in the future. True, a great place for my work to be seen, but something here doesn't stack up. But please keep an eye out folks if you would.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 21:40 (Ref:795506)   #4
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I was at Brands during the Festival I noticed the pictures of the Van der Ende brothers were missing as well. At that time I thought that somebody had come up with the idea that Festival winners should be British and that the pictures of 2 Dutch brothers (ho where both Festival winners)proving different should not be shown. Now it seems to me hese pictures were stolen too. Well it were just pictures, and not nummbered prints, but still a shame.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 15:27 (Ref:796160)   #5
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
how can someone unscrew pictures from a wall in a "pub" without anyone else seeing?
You underestimate the competance of the theives im affraid, Thetford libary had a pilot scheme where they had a counch and a PSX for teenagers, someone managed to unscrew the PSX and steal it...fairly stupid as it was for their own benefit!
Old 29 Nov 2003, 10:38 (Ref:798114)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still reckon its an inside job-if a Brands person did it in daylight no one would have said anything so it could have been done during day or night with a "its because we are going to decorate" or something excuse-but if it were a "Joe public" it would have to have been when no one else was about, and there is always someone in the Kent'gn when its open. Anyone asked big Mandy? PS: Whats the V'D'Ende boys up to for 2004?
Old 29 Nov 2003, 10:49 (Ref:798122)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Thetford libary had a pilot scheme where they had a counch and a PSX for teenagers, someone managed to unscrew the PSX and steal it...fairly stupid as it was for their own benefit
Except the person who nicked it no longer has to go to the library to use it, or has sold it to buy some charlie.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 11:24 (Ref:804620)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
given the state of Octagon its sounds like a little "asset stripping" could be going on