Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2002, 19:14 (Ref:250182)   #1
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Michael Schumacher

i have grown tired and annoyed about the current level of posting in this forum - the F1 forum.

we all have our personal preferences as to witch driver we suypport. some people like Rubens, some people like Ralf but most people like either JPM or TGF. fine.

what i dont agree to is the mindless and dowright petty comments made about each driver and to people who post their own points of view - fine debate but dont waste my time and your time in trawling through the endless biccering and so called 'analytical' posting by certain members analysing every comment made by a certain member (made by a person with a totally different point of view to them) and then finding a reason to disagree with them!!!

im not certain what you call it but it certainly isnt debating.

i talk to several members outside the PM barriers and they have also grown tired and angry at the level of posting by people with something to prove.

so lets all grow up and debate instead of argue yeah?

p.s. i will not pretend that i havent been one of those mindless petty people but i saw the light - before some people try and find skeletons in our cupboard.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 2 Apr 2002, 19:18 (Ref:250187)   #2
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's gone downhill ever since Malaysia. What a difference two weeks makes! You wouldn't have been able to say this in February, that's for sure...
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 2 Apr 2002, 21:45 (Ref:250370)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Unfortunately, it's a sign of good times.

When the racing is boring and one sided, there is little to talk about let alone argue. But for the first time, in a long time, we have a real fight on our hands.

Michael, Montoya & Ralf (and I am a big fan of all three) are making things interesting again. The Michael v Montoya battle will continue until Michaels retirement. And quite frankly, its exactly the shot in the arm F1 needed.

Had this forum been around for Senna & Prost, we'd have seen exactly the same thing.

Do some here need to clean up their acts? Of course. Will it make the forum a better place to visit? Absolutley.

Look on the bright side people. No matter who you support (Go Webber!!!), we are watching 2 (or 3 IMO) great drivers go head to head for a championship usually dominated by 1 driver.

Just wait until next year when Renault get up there
Old 2 Apr 2002, 21:59 (Ref:250385)   #4
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All valid and good points.
I too would like a higher level of discussion, but this is a sport that evokes passion by the bucketfulls so I think to expect that the debate never get intense is expecting a bit much.
I try to keep the level up, but like a lot of us, I'm not about to turn the other cheek. When hit I'm willing to hit back..
I can take it to what ever level they want.
What I am most disappointed in is that almost no one ever changes anyones mind.
All come here convinced that they alone know the truth, and have no intention of being swayed,,,even by facts.
Old 2 Apr 2002, 23:03 (Ref:250431)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It has to be said that more than a few people have been getting rather disillusioned by the quality of posting in this place. I know I have been guilty of poor quality posting but I soon realised that other members were frustrated with what I did so I hp[e I've changed for the better.

Lets hope some people do the same and not have every thread turn into a slanging match please!!!

And no i'm not denying free speech, just making an observation!
Old 2 Apr 2002, 23:55 (Ref:250455)   #6
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Wrex? He is making sense lately....LOL
Old 3 Apr 2002, 00:15 (Ref:250464)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Michael Schumacher

Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
[B]we all have our personal preferences as to witch driver we suypport. some people like Rubens, some people like Ralf but most people like either JPM or TGF. fine.
Well I support Nick Heidfeld first and foremost

Just a pity he's not in a competitive car
Old 3 Apr 2002, 17:27 (Ref:251004)   #8
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all about the TGF haters, the Montoya haters, and the Sauber weirdos

Meanwhile, has anyone noticed we've left Ralf and Rubens alone now we're talking about the above? Well, apart from the inevitable weekly topic...
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 3 Apr 2002, 17:36 (Ref:251012)   #9
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
exaclty how many heidfeld fans are there on this forum?!

Ralf and Rubens are the under-dogs. i reckon ralfie will pull a fast one on all of us by being consistent throughout the title chase.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 3 Apr 2002, 18:00 (Ref:251049)   #10
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld fan here!!

There are "certain people" who I would LOVE see post in this topic. But I doubt they will. Some of the comments in "certain topics" by "certain people" have been of..... poor quality.
Old 3 Apr 2002, 23:27 (Ref:251417)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i think that Wrex and Strad sum things up on this topic (btw, how did this topic arrive with the title michael schumacher?)

as Wrex has said, the prospect of a "real championship fight" has got the forun buzzing! and that can only be good!

unfortunatly, petty comments are part of life, (is this not the reason for so many "conflicts around the world?) and the fact that everyone on this forum has a common interest, or more likely, a common "passion" is not goimg to change that!

everybody on this forum has posted things, when they've been "provoked" or seen "red (or blue, yellow, silver etc) mist" and later read back through their post, only to regret what they've put, but it's done then, too late. (i did this only the other day and am very ashamed of myself!)

if everyone could agree, and be totally polite, the board would becomr a little "stale" and to be perfectly honest, the quality might decrease?

the prospect of "how am i going to reply to this, person X has put me in a right spot here" will be gone!

now, i don't expect everybody to agree with what i've put, but thats life......and so it starts again!

btw, Wrex, can you only have 1 favourite driver you like, liking all the top 3 drivers currently in f1 ensures that your the only happy bunny at the end of the season!!

Mania, if you read this, please read your pm's
Old 4 Apr 2002, 02:48 (Ref:251466)   #12
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
mr. V., I think that one can have interesting conversations without resorting to vitriol. I admit that I am very distressed about the quality of recent posting here.

BTW, BIG Heidfeld fan here.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 02:50 (Ref:251467)   #13
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My favourites are Webber and Fisichella. Consequently I don't have any bias in most topics here. I simply call it as I see it and hope for good racing.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 02:55 (Ref:251471)   #14
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this thread is for veterans and above levels only then i'm just passing through.....BIG Sauber & Heidfeld fan though...because of Petronas
Old 4 Apr 2002, 07:22 (Ref:251567)   #15
DavyboyLT1
Racer

DavyboyLT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite
...and the Sauber weirdos
Now, that is humour!

I'd suspect that Sauber fans, over the years, have developed enough of a sense of humour that they can laugh, and not take offense.

Every comment on this thread seems sensible to me.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 07:34 (Ref:251573)   #16
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well since we are all proclaiming our liking of Heidfeld, I'll say that I didn't think that much of him at first, but I've grown to think I may have underrated him early on...
Which I may come to regret because of this bet I have...
Old 4 Apr 2002, 07:55 (Ref:251587)   #17
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
number juan, like it or not, each person has there own writing style and point of view, and it is a little unfair of you to pass your view of posting ettiquete as what should be acceptable.
i admit, i am guilty sometimes of heavy bias, but that is my style, as much as your style is yours.
would you rather we all came on and backslapped each other and had a tea party??
Old 4 Apr 2002, 08:10 (Ref:251602)   #18
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOooo....cool down my friend
Old 4 Apr 2002, 08:32 (Ref:251616)   #19
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
btw, Wrex, can you only have 1 favourite driver you like, liking all the top 3 drivers currently in f1 ensures that your the only happy bunny at the end of the season!!
Very true mr v

In past years I've been a fan of Hakkinen, Villeneurve and even (embarrassed about it now) Hill.

It's not coincidence that this is the case though. I admire and respect any driver when they are at the top of their game, and currently thats the Schumachers and Montoya.

In the past I have disliked all 3 too. Michael for obvious reasons, Ralf at the beginning, and Montoya when he first replaced Zanardi.

I have always had a preference for a winner though.

I would trade my favourite driver winnning the championship with ease (see 2001) for losing by a single point in the last race of a nail-biting hard faught season anyday.

PS: I like heidfeld too
Old 4 Apr 2002, 08:39 (Ref:251622)   #20
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I think the lack of Ralf bashing in the last 2 weeks has been deplorable
Old 4 Apr 2002, 09:00 (Ref:251634)   #21
DavyboyLT1
Racer

DavyboyLT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
I would trade my favourite driver winnning the championship with ease (see 2001) for losing by a single point in the last race of a nail-biting hard faught season anyday.
Of course, many would suggest that the FIA has tried to orchestrate that a few times over the years.

BUT........I don't want to open that can of worms on this thread, now, do I?
Old 4 Apr 2002, 09:16 (Ref:251643)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some have mentioned the fact that they are guilty of heavy bias and that people are always going to disagree, but does that mean that 80% of threads have to turn into Ferrari are cheating, Montoya sucks or Michael's a cheater? I don't mind seeing it a couple of times but recently the majority of threads seemed to have revolved around these topics and quite frankly i'm bored of it.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 4 Apr 2002, 16:46 (Ref:251877)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
EERO, please don't think i'm suggesting the "go for the juggular" everytime someone posts something in disagreement, what i'm trying to say, (unsuccessfully, it would appear!) is that forums, debates etc sometimes get a little heated thats all, it's a part of life, i don't believe that anybody sets out to upset others purposefully, it just sometimes happens thats all!
Old 5 Apr 2002, 14:53 (Ref:252742)   #24
racing_guru
Rookie

racing_guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with paulzinho with respect to the quality of threads. Sometimes I wonder if the people writing know anything at all about racing. This Ferrari and Michael are cheating has become very tired and I find myself reading these forums less and less as a result. It's really a shame . . .
Old 5 Apr 2002, 15:19 (Ref:252763)   #25
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you may notice, I have taken some days off, in order to avoid some senseless threads.