trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
trow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Groooooovy!

Home of the Indy 500?!?!

http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/100175.php

Uh, yeah mate, keep takin the ****. That was a true test of racecraft now wasn't it?

Old 27 Oct 2002, 17:48 (Ref:414832)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
300...500 whatever... what do you care? I'd still much rather go to that race weekend on the Gold Coast than race month in middle of nowhere, USA.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:01 (Ref:414878)   #3
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
from Jay: 300...500 whatever... what do you care? I'd still much rather go to that race weekend on the Gold Coast than race month in middle of nowhere, USA.
Well, dare I ask ... where the hell is Ottawa ... eh?
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:05 (Ref:414883)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Ahh...you don't have to tell me where you're from! 'bout time you learned you yous letters boy, hyuck!

Last edited by Jay; 27 Oct 2002 at 19:07.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:19 (Ref:414899)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Indianapolis...
Let's see if I remember...
Home of the Colts and the Pacers, right?
Oh yeah, and the Classy Chassy.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:56 (Ref:414924)   #6
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
I should have known that would bring out the Cannucks, the Cannadiens, and the Queens bootlickers!
Old 27 Oct 2002, 19:58 (Ref:414925)   #7
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis

Last edited by trow; 27 Oct 2002 at 20:00.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 20:05 (Ref:414933)   #8
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also home of David Letterman.

Indianapolis, I don't think is quite as, uhm... "Cosmopolitan" as Bernie had expected.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 20:24 (Ref:414947)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
I'll bet they have a Denny's.
Old 27 Oct 2002, 20:28 (Ref:414953)   #10
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Jay: I'll bet they have a Denny's.
:gomer:
Old 27 Oct 2002, 21:16 (Ref:414990)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Indianapolis was mentioned in the movie "Rollerball." 'Whatever happened to Indianapolis?' one character wonders idly. Later on when the rent-a-girl gets up to leave, he asks, "Where are you going?" and she answers drily, "Indianapolis."

Whatever DID happen to that town?
Old 27 Oct 2002, 22:00 (Ref:415033)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Out of respect for our mods, who do a wonderful job I might add, I elect to delete the welcome I've just offered Trow.

Last edited by macdaddy; 27 Oct 2002 at 22:02.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 00:13 (Ref:415143)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Troll would be a better name for him.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 00:39 (Ref:415152)   #14
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indianapolis is not a bad town, some nice people live there. Cosmopolitan I don't think is the word for it. When I used to spend the month of may there, covering the race,it was quit exiting and there had to be at least two good restaurants that I can remember. The pilots flying into Indianapolis used to add to there anouncement before landing that every body should change there watches back 100 years.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 00:53 (Ref:415153)   #15
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
Old 28 Oct 2002, 00:56 (Ref:415156)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Troll would be a better name for him.
got ya double u's and double l's mixed up

Nothing wrong with the Gold Coast, just unlucky. I was there for the week leading up to the event, and it never dropped below 28 degrees. Yummy.

Try and remember that Queensland is drout strickened and there were bushfires less than 100 klm from the race!
Old 28 Oct 2002, 01:22 (Ref:415164)   #17
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Queensland needed that rain desperately. I just hope some comes to New South Wales soon.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 01:45 (Ref:415174)   #18
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trow, as a fellow American I have to express my anger, frustration, and true embarassment over the posts you have just placed here. It is this kind of behavior that gives us the moniker of THE UGLY AMERICAN.

You might want to think about what you are saying before you say it. If you can't I respectfully ask you not to post again.

To the rest of you, please accept the apologies of the vast majority of us here in the US that don't accept this kind of behaviour. Sorry!
Old 28 Oct 2002, 02:56 (Ref:415202)   #19
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Flatspot...
Old 28 Oct 2002, 03:22 (Ref:415217)   #20
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Flatspot: Trow, as a fellow American I have to express my anger, frustration, and true embarassment over the posts you have just placed here. It is this kind of behavior that gives us the moniker of THE UGLY AMERICAN.
I've visited Regina and Brandon, Saskatchewan many times flatspot. I love the people of Canada, so please don't confuse "giving as good as I get" with being an ugly American. I think you have got to be able to take it if you're going to dish it. Unfortunately I didn't use any clever emoticons to show it was in good humor. Additionally, I must say this took the whole thread off topic. By design, I ask? The whole point is that the race was a fraud from the word go, that is the point! I think once again CART got bit by its own deceptiveness.

Since it got a bit out of hand, I owe it to the posters here an apology for calling Cannucks & Cannadiens the Queens bootlickers.

Ugly American? I think not! No worries!
Old 28 Oct 2002, 04:35 (Ref:415220)   #21
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race was a fraud from the word go? What do you think?...Pook hired the rain dancers and had the clouds seeded? Sometimes weather happens and you have to make a call. Whether you or I like the call doesn't really matter, the call was made. To make the accusation (I assume you are) that the call was made to be unfair to those that are changing series is absurd. Even if it were true I guess I'd have to say "getbacks are a bi*ch!"

Last edited by Flatspot; 28 Oct 2002 at 04:37.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 12:16 (Ref:415397)   #22
Liz
Veteran

It's childish to be rude and insulting and then say "It was a joke." And there's a difference between rudeness and humour as well.

As for the race, life is unfair. Get used to it. Perfection is attainable only on television.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 17:33 (Ref:415656)   #23
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:
Liz: It's childish to be rude and insulting and then say "It was a joke." And there's a difference between rudeness and humour as well.
Thanks for the input Liz. Glad you understand!

As for the race, the above link was fixed. The site had originally posted the Aussie Street parade was the home to the Indy 500, but since has been modified so you can no longer see it written as such. The race being ran in water was a farce with only 7 - 10 laps or so ran under green. So there too was a fraud -- for calling it a race.

As for the "perfect" scenario, CART has been getting their crow served with hot pepper of late. They dish out criticisms of the IRL but refuse to acknowledge their own VERY serious plight. Has nothing to do with perfect Liz! Nothing at all, it's called using professional judgement which so it seems is always just out of reach for CART's BOD.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 17:35 (Ref:415658)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Thank you, but this isn't the IRL forum.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 17:36 (Ref:415661)   #25
trow
Racer

United States
Indianapolis
It wasn't about an IRL topic, Liz.