Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Dec 2002, 04:46 (Ref:444824)   #1
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met Alistair McRae!

Last night in the Burswood dome car park after the "Red hot chilli peppers" concert i spotted Mr McRae with some lovely ladies and got my drunker friend to ask if he was who we thought he was. I shook his hand and asked him if he was going to be driving the Colt and he said in 2004 he would. I also asked him if he thought it would be better than the lancer (with a smile) and he said he hoped so(with a wry grin)... I wished him good luck and skipped into the black of night and got soaked by many sprinkler systems. That topped an already great night!! The chillis rocked. I think I will have to start supporting him a bit more now as he seemed a nice guy and likes the chillis.

I thought it was odd he was in perth cos the last rally was the network q but then remembered he got injured so maybe he has been here since the Rally Australia... I dont blame him for staying here!

Last edited by DavidStHubbins; 7 Dec 2002 at 04:50.
Old 7 Dec 2002, 22:52 (Ref:445268)   #2
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did you ask him if he was going to do some rallies next year? Oh yes, RHCP rules.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 06:00 (Ref:445408)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I did ask him if he would be racing the Colt in 2003 because I forgot Mitsi were pulling out for a year and he said it would be the COlt in 2004. He didnt seem too happy though and I dont blame him. I hope he gets lots of rallies in 2003. Just testing for a year must be very boring.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 09:17 (Ref:446169)   #4
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I met Alistair McRae!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
I thought it was odd he was in perth cos the last rally was the network q but then remembered he got injured so maybe he has been here since the Rally Australia... I dont blame him for staying here!
With the temperatures we have here in the UK currrently, I don't blame him either.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 23:04 (Ref:448700)   #5
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonder what they gave Alister

Mitsubishi announced it will return with the Lancer in 2004
Old 13 Dec 2002, 08:02 (Ref:448881)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thats odd!

Maybe the heritage of the Lancer is too much to leave behind. (Or maybe the Colt sucked too!) The Lancer is very, very popular here in Perth - especially with the rich young asian dudes! Maybe it was a decision made based on that rather than anything else. If the Lancer isnt in World Rally anymore the roadcars will lose their streetcred and sales will drop...

The Colt would make more sense I believe as it's shape is more in line with the Peugeot and the Focus and to a lesser extent the Citroen. The Lancer has always been a bus and thats been half the fun, watching Makinen win in a big red taxi - but Tommis gone now and so has the Lancer's magic sadly.

Whatever they choose to do I just hope they come back kicking, biting and fighting and ready to take it to Peugeot. Otherwise we are going to see red malboro cars dominating Rally as well as F1. And we dont want that...
Old 13 Dec 2002, 11:52 (Ref:448974)   #7
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think long term they're looking at the Colt or equivalent, but know that the chances of making that competitive in a year are slim.

So to appease Mitsubihi Snr Mgt who presumably want to return to the glory days, they're going to have a good go at sorting the Lancer as an intermediate step, whilst they develop the Colt for 2nd half 2004 or even '05
Old 4 Jan 2003, 16:39 (Ref:463651)   #8
Margam
Rookie

Margam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I met Alistair McRae!

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Last night in the Burswood dome car park after the "Red hot chilli peppers" concert i spotted Mr McRae with some lovely ladies and got my drunker friend to ask if he was who we thought he was. I shook his hand and asked him if he was going to be driving the Colt and he said in 2004 he would. I also asked him if he thought it would be better than the lancer (with a smile) and he said he hoped so(with a wry grin)... I wished him good luck and skipped into the black of night and got soaked by many sprinkler systems. That topped an already great night!! The chillis rocked. I think I will have to start supporting him a bit more now as he seemed a nice guy and likes the chillis.

Maybe he is just thinking of becoming a singer or he wants a place in the band."He is not that red hot"
Old 5 Jan 2003, 04:32 (Ref:464138)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Re: Re: I met Alistair McRae!

Quote:
Originally posted by Margam
Maybe he is just thinking of becoming a singer or he wants a place in the band."He is not that red hot"
Ho Ho HO! Funny guy alert!