Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1709022)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Michael Schumacher.

Now that the seven/eight times World Champion has announced his retirement at the end of the season will we be able to claim him for the Motorsport History forum next year?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1709035)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, since every motor racing season that passes adds to its history, in that sense MS is undoubtedly part of it. He goes back to Group C times which is definitely an area for discussion here. He will obviously become part of the debates about past champions with no doubt some strong opinions being expressed. However, the Schumacher 'retirement' is being done to death on the F1 forum with some passionate support and some pretty vitriolic stuff also, alongside the more balanced posts. Since some of our colleagues who post here have already contributed, and others can join that thread if they want to, I don't see much point in creating any more Schumacher specific thread discussion here at this stage. So the answer to your question is yes, no, or maybe! In any event, Bob, I detect an element of the usual bauble mischief in your post, so I'm closing it, because I can.

Oh, and since we are talking about motor racing history, this should surely have been posted in the Motorsport History forum rather than Historic Racing Today. Now that would be interesting if in say, a few years time he took to racing historic cars; that would create some pretty heated discussion, I would imagine!

Last edited by John Turner; 13 Sep 2006 at 08:03.
Closed Thread