Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Mar 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1561226)   #1
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian GP

Should be a great race next weekend. Who is going to the race and what parts of the track do you guys think are best for spectators at Albert Park
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1561307)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Probably either the first corner or the second / third / fourth corner complex, there is a chance you may see some overtaking there, if you're really lucky.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1561328)   #3
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
overtaking? if you drive there you're probably gonna see some overtaking until you get there. I wouldn't expect much on track however

But this time Kimi's luck has got to change!!! FOR ONCE
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1561341)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well if he doesn't drive into Klien, then it should be OK.

I expect Ferrari will be stronger at Melbourne......but my money is on one of the McLarens taking the laurels.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1561351)   #5
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
I believe McLaren will win this race, if everything goes ok. The risk of being taken out is the price you pay for qualifying with heavy fuel loads.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1561477)   #6
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If it has to be Mc Larens, then Kimi for sure. I 've seen some lack of motivation from Montoya this year.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1561482)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well. I think everybody will be racing. At least, more than any of us. It should be a nice race, Melbourne usually produces a lot of excitement.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:37 (Ref:1561529)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
+1
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1561530)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The main thing that generated excitement at Melbourne for me was the fact it was the season opener.

Will be interesting to see how it 'feels' as the third race on the calendar.

I hope no different!
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1561539)   #10
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
it should be alright, it's a great track.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 00:00 (Ref:1561744)   #11
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The main thing that generated excitement at Melbourne for me was the fact it was the season opener.

Will be interesting to see how it 'feels' as the third race on the calendar.

I hope no different!
Good point. It's easy being the 1st race on the schedule, it's not quite so easy being third. But its still early and this year is somewhat unique with the precarious V8 situation that has teams scrambling a bit; there are still many unknowns going in to Australia.

I haven't checked the forecast, but chances it are it will be cooler than past years, which will change setups and make things even less predictable.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 00:05 (Ref:1561746)   #12
daniel1985
Rookie

daniel1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like we will get rain at some stage during the weekend which always makes F1 more exciting. Could be good for Schumacher if it does rain.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1562086)   #13
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be between McLaren and Renault, well Kimi and Alonso. Maybe Webber could sneak a podium?!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1562193)   #14
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, it's a close call again. Despite Renault's near-dominance in Sepang, I wouldn't plop all my pennies on them to win again this weekend. Obviously, I feel they're one of the teams with a shout, but Ferrari I feel will be really strong in Melbourne; a track I love.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1562209)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I will be there, sitting on the main straight in the Fangion stand. Renault will definitely be strong, as will Williams and Ferrari. Last year, both McLaren and Honda (BAR) were painfully slow, so it will be interesting to see how they go.

I hoping for a wet race, with Webber on the podium!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 14:59 (Ref:1562388)   #16
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure I can agree with Menaleos that it is a great track, because I hate it and think it is worse then the Hungaroring or Sachsenring. Also I don't think it makes for good races. Take away the weather, holiday atmosphere and razzamatazz-sideshows-of entertainment, and there's not much left.

With a wet race I think this will be pretty obvious, and it could become a nightmare with crashes and no passing.

But at least if its wet we will see which tyre manufacturer is better in the wet this year, and maybe find out if any of the toddlers can bring the technology back in one piece, and maybe steal some silverware from the big boys of the F1 playground.

One of the standouts of the weekend will be the fly-overs by the RAAF with either an F-111 or F/A-18, and the possible appearance of a burnt-out second rate celebrity or ex-Neighbours starlet from the Eighties - like I said; a burnt-out second rate celebrity!

The BEST thing, about this Melbourne GP, is that it is the first time we will have a proper competitive race where more than 3 or 4 cars are in with a chance of victory right from the start of the weekend.

My tip is for either Montoya or Alonso to win.
Montoya is good at this track as it rewards his aggressive style, of on/off throttle application.
Alonso because he is in form in the best car at the moment, and is relaxed and confident.

In the wet I think Webber is a dark horse, however I also think that he is an underated outsider with a chance at the win!
Old 27 Mar 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1562538)   #17
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going for the McLaren, and Kimi for this one....
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1562636)   #18
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Melbourne has always the greatest to produce great action from the start line, something is bound to go down i cant wait
Old 27 Mar 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1562693)   #19
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if its a wet race I think Klien for podium (given a few bumps)
Old 28 Mar 2006, 04:54 (Ref:1562991)   #20
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If itsa wet race, I say the Bridegstone teams are in with a huge shot with their legendary intermediate tyre