Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2678598)   #76
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The new layout at Silverstone hasn't been finished yet though, has it?

It's been used for track days already! First big meeting next weekend.
Old 23 Apr 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2678669)   #77
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUNmkJGzRg and here is bike footage of the new circuit.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2680573)   #78
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I love the fact you go out of your way all the time to assault my posts. Souds like someones a little obsessed.
A less cynical view on just about everything discussed on this entire forum wouldn't go awry, mate. Feel free to express your opinion but just because your view differs from someone else doesn't mean they're wrong.

And a little more evidence suggesting why people may be wrong would be great, instead of pretty much a series of one-liners you post which, roughly translated, means "you're rubbish, I'm right."
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 27 Apr 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2680578)   #79
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And you can't disagree with someone who has the enforcer as their avatar thats for sure
Old 28 Apr 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2680895)   #80
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
A less cynical view on just about everything discussed on this entire forum wouldn't go awry, mate. Feel free to express your opinion but just because your view differs from someone else doesn't mean they're wrong.

And a little more evidence suggesting why people may be wrong would be great, instead of pretty much a series of one-liners you post which, roughly translated, means "you're rubbish, I'm right."
Or maybe the fact that I'm not very good at explaining why it's good.

The last F1 game released int he States was F1 Challenge back in 2004(?), so F1CE for PS3 is the only game we've been able to sample since then.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2680936)   #81
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway.. back to the F1 game?
Old 30 Apr 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2682120)   #82
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'm very excited for this. I just want to play it sooner rather than later

Selby
Old 30 Apr 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2682124)   #83
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's like Guinness. Good things and all that. Just not quite on the scale of GT5.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 11:17 (Ref:2682142)   #84
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I've always found GT games to be a bit disappointing. And this is from someone who loves racing games. Never enjoyed the handling - too slow, too tank-like.

Selby
Old 30 Apr 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2682147)   #85
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been playing racing games since Pole Position was in the arcades. Virtua Racing, Daytona, Sega Rally, F1 Championship Manager on the Spectrum and every console since.
I even played Grand Prix Legend at an Autosport show back in 1998, what a shame that isn't available on the PS3, 60's F1 cars and circuits and unbelievably difficult to master. Its got quite a cult following and new tracks are added every so often. Montjuich Park is incredible to race round, I walked round it when I visited Barcelona, just wish there was footage of that available.
I agree with the Gt series of games, there's something not quite right with the physics.
I've been playing Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge recently and enjoy them immensely but F1 2010 look likely to be brilliant. Codies have great qualities regarding racing games.
The reaon that F2010 is so long after the Wii and PSP games is simply the processing power of Xbox and PS3 is way beyond what is possible for Wii owners.
I can imagine that I'll be losing alot of time when these are released.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 11:44 (Ref:2682148)   #86
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
In your opinion, what's the best ever F1 game?

Selby
Old 30 Apr 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2682220)   #87
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
GPL.

New extended trailer with LOTS of gameplay (In-car shot of Ferrari at Monaco is amazing) including a deflating tyre, which looks really cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYLC...layer_embedded
Old 1 May 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2682501)   #88
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been playing DiRT 2 recently and I find that to be an absolutely fantastic game. The physics are a perfect balance of Fun and Sim and the graphics are top notch. The damage is also extremely impressive. I just don't see any of that in this game though. I thought this would be as good if not better but I'm just not seeing it yet. The more I see about it the less impressed I am. Graphically its just not as good some other racing games out there and I'm not convinced the handling will be any good. I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 1 May 2010, 09:24 (Ref:2682601)   #89
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dude, the videos we're seeing are pre alpha builds, they're nowhere near done.
Personally it looks very promising, we'll just have to wait and see when the final game hits the shelves.
Old 1 May 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2682652)   #90
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Yeah, they ain't even getting properly started on the graphics side of things till they get the 2010 cars in.
Old 3 May 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2683675)   #91
herowassenna
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
In your opinion, what's the best ever F1 game?

Selby
Wow, Selby, you ask the most difficult questions!!
Erm, considering the processing power available at the time, I'm going to say F1 Championship Manager on the Spectrum. I spent hours building up my team and getting to the point of winning everything. Then again I was in my early teens.
As far as actual racing the cars, I'd go for Formula 1 97 on the PS1. It was brilliant at the time and so accessible. GP3 and GP4 were awesome but you needed patience to get the best out of them.
GPL for the same reason.
F1 and racing games in general I love, but sometimes I don't want to spend months getting to know them. I just need a quick hit...
Old 3 May 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2683696)   #92
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
the original Formula 1 game by Psygnosis, a classic. Nothing better than blasting through Adelaide and Murray Walker shouts ''AAAH-AAAAH-AAAH! IITS COULTHARD!''
Old 3 May 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2683697)   #93
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formula 1 '97 was the best by far, the only problems being the popup and the wet weather tyres glitch.

Great days, can't believe it is so long ago now. Was just starting my first year of secondary school when it came out.
Old 4 May 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2684185)   #94
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh I have to agree. I LOVED that game (F1 97). I remember doing a full race in a Minardi at Albert Park. Won it, lapped everyone at least 7 times, and had 5 engine blowouts. Unfortunately, you couldn't fully retire in the game unless you lost a wheel, so I repaired that dodgy Hart engine 5 times It was also on expert! But nonetheless, a fantastic game for its time.

I'd quite like to do a bit of the management, too. Is there a good hybrid PC game perhaps?

Selby
Old 4 May 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2684202)   #95
herowassenna
Veteran

Quote:
Yeh I have to agree. I LOVED that game (F1 97). I remember doing a full race in a Minardi at Albert Park. Won it, lapped everyone at least 7 times, and had 5 engine blowouts. Unfortunately, you couldn't fully retire in the game unless you lost a wheel, so I repaired that dodgy Hart engine 5 times It was also on expert! But nonetheless, a fantastic game for its time.

I'd quite like to do a bit of the management, too. Is there a good hybrid PC game perhaps?

Selby
Good question. Considering F1 is watched by more people worldwide than any sport bar Olympics and the World Cup, it always feels like a minority sport to me.
I'd imagine the F1 manager game would be available as an emulator, but we're talking 25 years old. Still classic fun though.
Old 4 May 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2684334)   #96
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You could retire actually, there were a few instantaneous failures such as broken fuel line (lots of fire) and exploding brake discs. There was also the one where you got blue smoke coming out the back of the car for a few laps and, if you didn't pit, you ended up in a cloud of smoke and out of the race.

I just had to correct that because I am pedantic.
Old 4 May 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2684373)   #97
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
You could retire actually, there were a few instantaneous failures such as broken fuel line (lots of fire) and exploding brake discs. There was also the one where you got blue smoke coming out the back of the car for a few laps and, if you didn't pit, you ended up in a cloud of smoke and out of the race.

I just had to correct that because I am pedantic.
haha Nah mate, you're not at all. Infact, I thank you for reminding me. I don't want to discredit this game unnecessarilly, not by any means

What I was referring to when I mentioned the 'engine failures' was that blue smoke. I had to pit in 5 times to repair that problem throughout the race

If I recall, the break failure was pretty rare. You really had to mash them to get them to explode.

And i'd completely forgotten about that fuel line failure! That did happen on the rare occasion, didn't it.

Selby
Old 4 May 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2684413)   #98
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Easy way to get the brakes to fail was to use the smallest brake discs and race at Monaco.
Old 4 May 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2684516)   #99
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I always loved taking the rear wing clean off and driving around spinning everywhere Still do it when im bored with F3000's on Race Pro.
Old 7 May 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2686198)   #100
herowassenna
Veteran

Off topic slightly, but there was agame by Codemasters, Toca championship I think.
Running the 1997 or 1998 touring cars but one of the series you could unlock was Formula Ford's and 3 wheeler Scorpion I think.
I raced at the time, and the physics of the single seaters was stunning.
The main touring cars were awesome as well, you could tell the difference between Front, Rear and Four wheel drive. All the British circuits were so accurate to drive.
Ahhhh, for a PS1 again, lol

Spectrum F1 Championship Manager link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWhvnuzVOc

PS1: Toca link,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_yLZjdkdk

or the incomparable GPL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhiCR...eature=related

Last edited by herowassenna; 7 May 2010 at 19:04.