Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 May 2005, 04:44 (Ref:1301885)   #1
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The new Pilbeam MP 93-01 PB

Thanks to Pierre Bruneau who sent pics of his new car to Laurent and Claude, we'got some shots in Carbon black of the MP 93-01 PB On Infocourse

http://www.infoscourse.org/2005_Le_M...am_MP93_02.JPG

Credits : Pierre Bruneau/Infocourse

Pilots for LM : Marc Rostan, Philippe Haezebrouck and Pierre Bruneau (Jean-Philippe Peugeot is added in LMES).

Last edited by Fab; 19 May 2005 at 17:31. Reason: Save bandwidth
Old 16 May 2005, 05:01 (Ref:1301888)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice 1 Fab. Looks like a good chasis, reminds me quite a bit of the Lola B05/40 more than the C65, lets hope this car goes as well as it looks when it hits the track. Just a shame the driving line up seems to be the weakest point in the entry, ah well cant have everything.
Old 16 May 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1301897)   #3
lj79
Veteran

Qatar
lj79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Nice 1 Fab. Looks like a good chasis, reminds me quite a bit of the Lola B05/40 more than the C65, lets hope this car goes as well as it looks when it hits the track. Just a shame the driving line up seems to be the weakest point in the entry, ah well cant have everything.
How can you tell if a chassis is good by looking at it?!
Old 16 May 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1301929)   #4
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!

The guys at Pillbeam know how to make decent cars don't worry.
Old 16 May 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1302214)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think he means it just looks the part. But Pilbeam know their stuff so I don't think we'll have to worry too much about that.
Old 16 May 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1302318)   #6
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't know bout the aero over those wheel arches, also, interesting splitter there
Old 16 May 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1302377)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it a hybrid?

Note, no second rollhoop.

If not that could be a new interpretation of the regs from the ACO.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1302380)   #8
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to the article on infoscourse, they're still working on the splitter. Also something about the (diffuser?) exits on the side that I don't really understand, my French isn't very good (Mon français a des cheveux they say in Flanders )

edit: they also mention the second roll hoop, it will be there when the car's finished
Old 16 May 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1302403)   #9
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster

The guys at Pillbeam know how to make decent cars don't worry.

The guys at Bucknum racing would have another opinion entirely after battling their Pillbox for 2 years.... According to one team member, the only Pills they needed were asprin!!
Old 16 May 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1302663)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by full throttle
The guys at Bucknum racing would have another opinion entirely after battling their Pillbox for 2 years.... According to one team member, the only Pills they needed were asprin!!

In fairness, they made a decent SR2. The chassis was never designed to utilize the power that Bucknum put into it as a LMP675. The car was competitive with other SR2 built chassis, so from that perspective it wasn't bad. More competitive cars is good, though I'm not sure who will run this in North America.
Old 17 May 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1302809)   #11
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The photo looks like its been taken at Pilbeams HQ in Bourne, South Lincolnshire.
Old 17 May 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1302879)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pilbeamracing.co.uk has an image of the car with both rollhoops in place.
Old 17 May 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1302972)   #13
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crikey, I didn't know Pilbeam were in Lincolnshire! Can tell I don't know too much about prototypes, I thought they were American lol oops!
Old 17 May 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1302980)   #14
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
In fairness, they made a decent SR2. The chassis was never designed to utilize the power that Bucknum put into it as a LMP675. The car was competitive with other SR2 built chassis, so from that perspective it wasn't bad. More competitive cars is good, though I'm not sure who will run this in North America.
I've talked to one of the team principles and it was much uglier then that. it did have decent speed but the construction was horrible. the constructor was well aware and gave approval for the powerplant installed....
Old 19 May 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1304419)   #15
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see someone try to sit in the second seat!
Old 25 May 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1309495)   #16
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks good. Very "curvy"....
Some resemblence to the Zytek in the rear body working, and seems to have a low upper portion, compared to a B05/40.
Intriguing splitter, extends a fair way forwards... an appears to be raised all along its section, not just the centre region (as specified by the regs). Looking again though, appears to have a wing section to it as well... interesting.
Later
Ed
Old 25 May 2005, 03:12 (Ref:1309522)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
More pics on Infocourse, but taken by Rick Wilson from Maison Blanche this time...

BTW, good to see you back, Ed ! Are you coming this year ?
Old 25 May 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1310074)   #18
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Fab,
been keeping an eye on here, lots of other things going on at the mo, majorally got back into RC racing, along with my University final year (dissertation, coursework, projects etc, and exams which start next week... ekk).
Unfortuantly that means i'm also seriously strapped for cash at the mo, so very unlikely i'll make it. Would like to, promises to be a good one this year... so open.
Sometime in the near future i do vow to come back... and do it properly (the full week )

Looking at thoose extra pics, interesting method of extracting air from under the car at the front... 2 semi circular ducts, at least thats what i think they are for

Another thing is that the rear bodywork appears to be split into two pieces... not just one. Plus the mandated rear structures appear similar to the B05/40...
Keep noticing new things on it..

Later
Ed
Old 3 Jun 2005, 02:55 (Ref:1318628)   #19
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
I thought that the new livery deserved a full post :

Thanks for that Claude !
C° Claude Foubert/Infocourse