Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2003, 07:59 (Ref:804474)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Audi R8R Drive's .....

Champion Audi Lehto-Werner-Kaffer

Audi Sport Team Veloqx McNish-Brundle-Herbert

Audi Sport Team Veloqx Smith-Capello-Kane

Audi Sport Team Goh Ara-Magnussan-Brabham

Audi Sport Team Taisan Iida-Katayama-A.Suzuki

This is how I see the drives panning out ..... Im still hoping for a Taisan Audi , Dreamer , pure speculation on my part but thats fine by me !!!!

I somehow cant see Pirro,Kristensen or Biela doing LeMans cuz of the Nurburgring 24 hours . Brabham would be a great man to stick beside Mags in the Goh car . I cant see Smith being without a drive in an Audi next year . Johnny Kane did a great job for Audi Sport UK at Sebring this year and was reserve driver for Bentley at LeMans this year so he must be highly thought of . I dont really know much about Kaffer so I cant really comment about him . I somehow still cant see Brundle doing a one off drive unless ITV have done a one off deal with Murry Walker to stand in for him .

What do ye think about my choice's then ?

This should be fun !!!

Last edited by The Badger; 5 Dec 2003 at 08:01.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 08:13 (Ref:804481)   #2
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume the Veloqx car would be in LMES, and that'd leave 1 Audi in ALMS next year....that kinda sucks....

Why would Herbert leave Champion though...I dont see that happening...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 08:48 (Ref:804502)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by RacingManiac
I assume the Veloqx car would be in LMES, and that'd leave 1 Audi in ALMS next year....that kinda sucks....

Why would Herbert leave Champion though...I dont see that happening...
Maybe to drive for an all british team . So far he hasnt been confirmed at Champion . I did hear that Werner will partner Lehto at Champion next year .

The Veloqx car will do Sebring , LMES a,d the LeMans 24 hours and they seem to have two updated cars .

One Audi in any series would suck !!!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 13:25 (Ref:804737)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why woulod Kristensen, Pirro or Biela want to do Nurby instead of Le Mans? Because they've already won Le Mans to death? Because they'll be told to?

Quote:
One Audi in any serious would suck !!!
Very true. What can we replace it with?

Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:39 (Ref:804800)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Why woulod Kristensen, Pirro or Biela want to do Nurby instead of Le Mans? Because they've already won Le Mans to death? Because they'll be told to?
Very true. What can we replace it with?
An Ex-Oreca Dallara Judd spring"s to mind !!!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:40 (Ref:804801)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

OR a Riley & Scott Elan or Judd should do the trick !!!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:37 (Ref:804869)   #7
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think ALMS will only suffer to the LMES this year. It only makes since, there are so many more prototypes in Europe than the US, It is an all new thing, and it will be easy to race the series with only four races and then run lemans. Lastly 1000k races are a much better test than 2.45hr races, ALMS was supposed to go to an enduro format but it never panned out...maybe next year.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:02 (Ref:804968)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I think that those drivers are too important in the DTM for Audi not to use them in the Nurburgring 24 . Its just a shame that dates clashed .
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:13 (Ref:804976)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In terms of the dates clashing, why on earth would they schedule it that way?

As for the Audis, I have a question. Badger posted a possible five Audis. Are there five 2003 spec chassis available? Seems I read on here somewhere that there are only four. But I could be mistaken. Would Joest be giving up their chassis?

Last edited by jhansen; 5 Dec 2003 at 17:13.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:38 (Ref:804991)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Joest doesn't own a chassis, the factory does.

I believe that these are also 2002 spec chassis, as there were no new 03's.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:43 (Ref:804995)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But Joest wasn't a factory effort in the ALMS this year. Did they lease the chassis then? And yes, meant 2002 spec, pardon the mistake.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:52 (Ref:805002)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm, Joest was likely given the chassis for use for 03'.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 18:58 (Ref:805048)   #13
The Badger
Veteran

It wouldnt surprise me in the least if Joest turned up at Le Mans with Villeneuve in the car !!! They dont call him the wily old fox for nothing .

He did LeMans before when he was involved with the DTM ok the dates didnt clash , and his opp in America was sometimes run in his absence . So his team is well capable of doing so .

I reckon he has a chassis cuz im sure he had a spare for this years ALMS .

Am I stiring it or what ?
Old 5 Dec 2003, 20:23 (Ref:805116)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
er..whats this second Audi UK car?
Old 6 Dec 2003, 12:50 (Ref:805482)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I said in another thread I reckon that you might see Kristensen at Goh, Pirro at Champion and Biela at Audi UK.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 14:26 (Ref:805543)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
As I said in another thread I reckon that you might see Kristensen at Goh, Pirro at Champion and Biela at Audi UK.
I can see Pirro or Kristensen at Audi UK but certainly not Biela !!!
Old 6 Dec 2003, 15:51 (Ref:805579)   #17
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Biela's one mistake last year erases all the good he's done for Audi over the years.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 16:31 (Ref:805598)   #18
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Brundle racing at Le Mans unfortunatley. I'd say he'll be commentating on F1 as normal!
Old 6 Dec 2003, 16:34 (Ref:805599)   #19
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The second Audi UK car came up in a DSC piece this week
Old 7 Dec 2003, 07:04 (Ref:805877)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
I can't see Brundle racing at Le Mans unfortunatley. I'd say he'll be commentating on F1 as normal!
Too bad ! What is he doing behind a microphone when he could be behind a wheel ? :confused:
Old 8 Dec 2003, 13:06 (Ref:806607)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
I dont think Biela's one mistake last year erases all the good he's done for Audi over the years.
Yeah , I honestly believe that too .
Old 8 Dec 2003, 13:20 (Ref:806622)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Martin Brundle has missed the odd GP for Le Mans before. Brundell normally sits in.

However will he miss a GP for a 'normal' round? I haven't checked, but I guess there could be a clash for one of the other rounds. However he might only be doing Le Mans.

He always says he will drive (if a decent offer came up) rather than talk. And maybe he is tiring of it at the moment?
Old 8 Dec 2003, 13:25 (Ref:806625)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I dont think that Brundle would skip a F1 round for a LMES event if they clash, Le Mans however I think Brundle would skip a F1 event for, Brundle is still ultra quick as we know and I think still wants to compete at LM.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 8 Dec 2003 at 13:26.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 13:54 (Ref:806649)   #24
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dindo Cappelo for Team Goh.
Old 8 Dec 2003, 15:07 (Ref:806703)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Here's a question that relates to some of these Audi driver line ups. Will teams use two or three drivers in the 1000K events? Audi UK and Champion used three drivers at Sebring this year while Joest used only two (Joest won). Bentley used three driver teams for both cars. At Petit both Champion and Joest used two drivers each (Champion won). Team Goh used only two drivers at Spa and the Le Mans 1000K events and won both events. Is there a benefit at the 1000K events if you used two versus three pilots? What I'm getting at is, that if the better method is two drivers at the 1000K events then this could limit the number of available rides.

Last edited by jhansen; 8 Dec 2003 at 15:08.