Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Dec 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1483674)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Franchise Follies...

The powder room is in festive mode at the moment, all sorts of mistletoe and Christmas cheer abounds... in their SE Qld, Adelaide and Melbourne locations.

It was suggested from a few people propping up the bar in the Qld powder room, that at the TEGA board meeting within the last week, a number of franchise licence slot sales have been approved, and been transacted.

Word from the whisperers has Paul Cruickshank Racing as the proud owner of the former Rod Nash Racing L2 franchise licence slot. It seems TEGA took a different call to its public stance as mentioned in AA, and allowed the sale transaction to occur unimpeded. Question must be raised as to whether this was a Kelvin-inspired smokescreen in AA, or whether AA just got it totally wrong....

So on this basis, we should see Phil Sci Fleet aboard the ex-Ellery 888 Falcon, powered by SBR, in Reitmans and Doric colours, on the grid at every round in season 2006....

As mentioned in another thread, the sale of the RNR L2 was conditional on that operation being able to secure an unrestricted L1 franchise licence slot from elsewhere.... Another subject of discussion from the powder room inhabitants in Adelaide, was the fate of everyone's favourite whipping horse... Team Dynamik...

It appears from the noise out of Adelaide, that the 2 L1 franchise licence slots of Team Dynamik have been sold off... and that the racing squad formerly known as Team Dynamik, is no longer the owner of a V8SA franchise licence slot, in L1 or L2.

While some of the powder room boys and girls are silently jumping up and down with glee ... there is said to be a surprise in one of the new owners....

It seems that Mr Nash has secured the two L1 franchise licence slots for his 2006 Autobarn-backed team, for Max Wilson/Steve Owen/Owen Kelly/Steve Ellery to drive the ex-PMM Commodore....

.. but RNR does not need 2 of these L1 franchise licence slots....

Whispers from the Melbourne powder room suggest that the the #44 round-limited franchise licence slot has been onsold....

... to interests associated with Paul Morris Motorsport....

Not sure what that means in terms of cars being run, with RNR running PMM equipment next year, and the new PMM L1 doing the same, presumably there will be 4 PMM-supplied cars on the main series grid for the first time ever! At most rounds anyway.....

That said, it is sad to see the demise of the Dynamik team, they had invested a shedload of money into the sport, and did not get anything like the return they should probably have had. Woomera ultimately killed this team... Someone should write a book about the trials and tribulations of this organisation.. I am sure all is not as it appeared...

Meantime, it seems the notion of TEGA reclaiming L2 franchise licence slots may be restricted to only the Tratt L2... as this is currently the only unsold franchise licence slot that has been offered to the other TEGA-ettes for sale.

No word on the sale of that franchise licence slot..... yet....

Presuming any of this actually happened of course

Last edited by GTRMagic; 14 Dec 2005 at 09:03.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Dec 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1483695)   #2
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
It seems that Mr Nash has secured the two L1 franchise licence slots for his 2006 Autobarn-backed team, for Max Wilson/Steve Owen/Owen Kelly/Steve Ellery to drive the ex-PMM Commodore....
What is Steve Owen doing at RNR?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1483699)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Presumably a PMM Commodore prepared by IRCA is a better bet than a Britek Falcon.....

Personally, I would love to see Allan Simonsen get the seat, to spend a year in a real Commodore, and get the hang of it.... I dont think the team would wonder whether the car could go any quicker!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1483722)   #4
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does this mean for Mr Seton? After all, with the comments of Mr Jewell, Mr Seton may be racing as the Britek 'championship chaser' in next year's series, withot extra funds having to be funds, with Mr Fernandez or Mr White as the second 'mule'. The potential for Mr Seton to be a genuine lead driver for the first time since 2002, is very appealing.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1483726)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seton Fanatic
What does this mean for Mr Seton? After all, with the comments of Mr Jewell, Mr Seton may be racing as the Britek 'championship chaser' in next year's series, withot extra funds having to be funds, with Mr Fernandez or Mr White as the second 'mule'. The potential for Mr Seton to be a genuine lead driver for the first time since 2002, is very appealing.
A lead driver for a team that is not likely to get any allocated test days in season 2006
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1483734)   #6
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Because of one of the silliest rules, I have ever heard of in competitive sport. Still, you would depend on Mr Seton finding the extra 10% that Britek may have lacked at the Mountain, with his setup skills. The possibility for strong results in Bahrain, Shangahi and Adelaide also are solid, with attrition and little track data playing a role.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:30 (Ref:1483739)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ive never understood why they dont just share data (assuming they havent been)
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:32 (Ref:1483740)   #8
Seton Fanatic
Racer

If Britek and FPR don't share data, then it's silly on their part, given the common denominator between the two teams, and the rule regarding links and sharing is even more sillier, if that's the case.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1483742)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why would they share data? The cars are chalk and cheese. What would work on one chassis (at FPR) would not necessarily work on the Britek cars....

At least Mr Seton would be reunited with his 2003/2004 chassis
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1483743)   #10
Seton Fanatic
Racer

I thought that Mr Jewell in today's AA said that Britek were building two new cars. So if Mr Seton goes to Britek, he has the chance to develop something, dependent upon funds.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1483746)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fully upgrading was the term or something similar, still the same cars
Old 14 Dec 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1483754)   #12
Seton Fanatic
Racer

The positive out of that, would be that it's not the SILVER STREAK that Mr Seton may be driving.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1483802)   #13
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So let me get this straight.

Mr Wills, whose team was caught testing illegally and was going to start a lap behind everyone else this year thereby reducing the value of his franchise, staggers from one crisis to another, gets sued by a disgruntled driver, has sponsors through a revolving door, leases his franchise slot to a WOW of a team for the enduros, has his son smash a car to component molecules at Sandown, and now has supposedly sold the franchise that he already "sold" to Tony Longhurst; half to Paul Morris and half to Rod Nash. All this despite recent goss announcing job security for the Adelaide contingent into next year, new sponsorship deals etc etc etc.

Franchise follies indeed!

I need a Bex and a good lie down...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:47 (Ref:1483809)   #14
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SF, I hope the Silver Streak has been removed permanently off the planet, I would pity the person racing in that heap of...
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1483816)   #15
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did qualify on the front row and lead Bathurst before it was painted silver. Surely it's not that bad. Was it Seto & Richo's super-driving that put it in that spot?

It would have been nice to finally see a Max Wilson (or Simon Wills) in a perkins Autobarn car so finally someone else other than Richo will be there who can actually drive... but oh well a IRCA PMM car it is, not too bad but not super fantastic.

So V8s aren't a closed shop after all I think IRCA & PCR have got themselves some "racey" customer cars... but none signed Seton as driver...
Old 14 Dec 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1483845)   #16
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I though that one was white lightening or something along those lines...
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1484181)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfords
SF, I hope the Silver Streak has been removed permanently off the planet, I would pity the person racing in that heap of...
Isnt that the car the Walden's still have for sale?
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1484183)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
So let me get this straight.

Mr Wills, whose team was caught testing illegally and was going to start a lap behind everyone else this year thereby reducing the value of his franchise, staggers from one crisis to another, gets sued by a disgruntled driver, has sponsors through a revolving door, leases his franchise slot to a WOW of a team for the enduros, has his son smash a car to component molecules at Sandown, and now has supposedly sold the franchise that he already "sold" to Tony Longhurst; half to Paul Morris and half to Rod Nash. All this despite recent goss announcing job security for the Adelaide contingent into next year, new sponsorship deals etc etc etc.

Franchise follies indeed!

I need a Bex and a good lie down...
I dont think a Bex will help... besides Lleyton might object
Old 18 Dec 2005, 02:05 (Ref:1485926)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Whispers from the Dandenong powder room suggest that the #75 PLR L2 franchise licence slot is now in the possession of the TEGA titans

It seems they made an on-market offer, as opposed to gazumping a sale transaction.

What does this mean?

Well basically one franchise licence slot will have to stay home from the grid restricted races. TEGA has taken one 'problem' out of the loop, with only one to go, but how silly does it now look to tell one team that they cannot attend these grid-restricted rounds?

I am not sure from the current standings, and with all the number changing and fiddling whether the 2nd LMS franchise, the 2nd Britek franchise, or the ex-#44 Dynamik franchise is 3rd on the list....

Presumably then this means going forward that a wildcard scenario will remain in place.... in the Teams Agreement, L1 franchise licence slots are obligated to attend all rounds of the series.. does this mean Britek is a given for missing out??
Old 18 Dec 2005, 04:47 (Ref:1485946)   #20
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE=Seton Fanatic]Because of one of the silliest rules, I have ever heard of in competitive sport.

But this rule is a Holden lead rule to stop Ford doing to Holden, what Holden did to Ford. That is run 6cars out of one team.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:09 (Ref:1485953)   #21
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am not sure from the current standings, and with all the number changing and fiddling whether the 2nd LMS franchise, the 2nd Britek franchise, or the ex-#44 Dynamik franchise is 3rd on the list....

Presumably then this means going forward that a wildcard scenario will remain in place.... in the Teams Agreement, L1 franchise licence slots are obligated to attend all rounds of the series.. does this mean Britek is a given for missing out??
I think it would be Britek that would miss out as L1 teams have the obligation to field 2 cars at every round, Im sure the second Britek Franchise was the lowest in the championship standings for 2005 but im known to be wrong.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1485990)   #22
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
in the Teams Agreement, L1 franchise licence slots are obligated to attend all rounds of the series
How come Simon Wills had to sit out Indy & TAS then? #44 is a L1, after all.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1485993)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
How come Simon Wills had to sit out Indy & TAS then? #44 is a L1, after all.
Do you honestly believe Dynamik would get ANY favours from TEGA? Presumably whatever position TEGA took on this had Dynamik indemnified them from the $150k per licence fine
Old 18 Dec 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1486075)   #24
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So its an "All teams except Dynamik" agreement, then?
Old 20 Dec 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1487664)   #25
lcfp2297
Racer

Australia
lcfp2297 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
But this rule is a Holden lead rule to stop Ford doing to Holden, what Holden did to Ford. That is run 6cars out of one team.
It a rule designed to break-up the 6-car empire...do you really think this would have been Holden led?

Get your facts straight...