Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Jun 2007, 11:21 (Ref:1926149)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
People who don't realise that Fiat Pandas are cool cars

The change of speed thing does me in too. I also don't like people who match your speed. This doesn't happen much, because you have to be on a clear motorway. However, if I am just cruising on the motorway and they insist on sitting close to me, but not going past. Eventually I think, well they just happen to want to do the same speed as me. Fair enough, I'll speed up a little so we are independent, but they come with me. I find some just regulate their speed to be with you; up or down. I find it a little odd.

Oh and people who want to try and prove they can drive faster than you on normal roads. If I want to drive faster than you, please let me past. If you want to go faster than I do, please pass.

EDIT: Actually I thought of an exception to that last one. A blast through France to a famous race. You come up behind some cool cars, well I find it nice to travel with them in a sort of unofficial convoy. Wave, thumbs up, enjoy life. Of course it can be spoilt by those who need to overtake, which is a shame because they end up behind a Citroen instead of looking at a nice Porsche or Austin Healy or something cool.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jun 2007 at 11:26.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1926340)   #77
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Oh and people who want to try and prove they can drive faster than you on normal roads. If I want to drive faster than you, please let me past. If you want to go faster than I do, please pass.
totally agree. life's too short to drive like that all the time. ok, if you've got somewhere to be, fine, but dudes. it's not a racetrack, there's no need to be competitive. you're the one who's gonna be pitched into a tree when you go round that corner and find the horse/bike/deer/tourist.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 00:39 (Ref:1928948)   #78
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What annoys me? Running out of Petrolium / Bio-fuel / hybrid vehcial / the sky is falling crap.

Glad to see some of the major auto manufactures seriously look at scalling back and cancelling hybrid vehical lines do to lack of demand.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1929069)   #79
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
What is it with people that park opposite the only car parked on the other side Grrrrrrrrr !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jun 2007, 08:26 (Ref:1929118)   #80
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
When those speed limit signs on the M25 impose a 60 when there is no traffic around whatsoever.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 12:03 (Ref:1929273)   #81
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Those little fish signs usually on clapped out Nissan Micras or Proton GLs . Out spreading God's love by making you late for work, parking badly and taking an air of moral superiority.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1933321)   #82
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Another pet hate is when on a motorway and one of the lanes is coned off with miles of warning, you will always get the people that will allmost knock the cones down to push in . The lorry drivers try to sort them out fortunately.
The scaletric first lane as some have pointed out is awkward, especially with my racebox as the wheel track is different to the tow truck and constantly fishtails .
That reminds me of an event on the M11 over ten years ago, when I did exactly that. I had a "National Excuse" style coach trying to push in alongside me, and I had no intention of letting the git in. He'd cruised down the outside of the queue, ignoring many Volvo B12M sized gaps to put his poxy "self unloading lorry" in, and met his match with me. When the front of it nosed the cones, and I mean NOSED the cones, he stopped, flashing his headlights at me, hooting, and lots of unpleasant gestures.
The CB was alive with laughter, and I carried on trundling north on the M11, safe in the knowledge that an ar*e of a so called professional driver had to wait for a very long time for anyone to let him back into the traffic.

As for the ruts causing fish-tailing Gordon - try a little more noseweight on the trailer. I've found that with my flatbed with the ASCAR on it, I can't get it far enough forwards, the tyre rack stops it!! Behind my sprinter, it's just starting to get wibbly at 60, making overtaking wobbly caravanners a bit hairy. Behind my motorhome, it's fine, which is wierd as the hitch is higher, and I'd expect the balance to be more "tail - end" on the trailer, perhaps with the motorhome weighing in at 6 tonnes, it just doesn't move!!

Back to the thread - my pet hate - people who cannot maintain their speed - ie: tread on the loud pedal, scream up behind people who are clearly braking/slowing down on the motorway, and then standing hard on the anchors causing the "M25 Wave" effect.

I've ridden in cars with this sort of person, and they often think that they are clever, and it's the fastest way to drive. Personally I'd have their licence taken away!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1933339)   #83
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back to car parks and those people who sit in the middle blocking the whole thing up.....why do they have to do it?! If someone is getting in the car, fair enough, wait but let other people past if / where possible. If no-one's getting in the car, don't just block the whole thing!

I got back into my car this afternoon and the driver of this 4x4 quite clearly saw me getting back in but decided to drive past anyway. I came out of space and found him blocking the car park. Positioned myself so it was quite clear I wanted to go past, he'd seen me come out of space so it was quite clear I wasn't trying to "steal" his, yet he still wouldn't budge an inch so I could get past and out of car park. Morons.
Old 11 Jun 2007, 10:09 (Ref:1933752)   #84
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
the driver of this 4x4...Moron.
That's all you needed.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 04:49 (Ref:1934650)   #85
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw an absolute clanger last week that wasn't so much annoying for me as for the fire truck... I was in a line of cars in the right lane at a set of lights, and the left lane was vacant. There was the sound of a fire siren and a fire truck comes up behind us, instantly half the cars in the right lane dive into the left - well try to anyway, they end up at a 45° angle - and block the previously-clear left lane! Not really sure what (or if!) they were thinking...
Old 12 Jun 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1934934)   #86
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
I saw an absolute clanger last week that wasn't so much annoying for me as for the fire truck... I was in a line of cars in the right lane at a set of lights, and the left lane was vacant. There was the sound of a fire siren and a fire truck comes up behind us, instantly half the cars in the right lane dive into the left - well try to anyway, they end up at a 45° angle - and block the previously-clear left lane! Not really sure what (or if!) they were thinking...
The difficult thing about emergency driving is that drivers panic when they see flashing lights in their rear view mirror.
The Biggest annoyance (in the UK at least) is actually when people slow down to let us overtake - however, it's on a road with a double white lane where we're not legally allowed to overtake...
Old 13 Jun 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1935749)   #87
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Are you allowed to run red lights (with proper precaution of course?). A big issue in many rural areas out here is that the old timber bridges on backroads cannot support the weight of fire engines (eg have a 5T limit), and the detour can take the best part of an hour in some cases!
Old 13 Jun 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1935807)   #88
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too many to name, no indicating, no observation, no courtesy, old people, council workers(not just drivers all of them from the community housing vans to the lollipop ladies). But my biggest aggro is the state of British roads, pot holes, bad road markings, sighs restricting sight of other traffic, we need more lanes on motorways and more trunk roads as the ones we have are clearly not up to the standard they should be with how much the state take/steal off us.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 11:02 (Ref:1935825)   #89
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Are you allowed to run red lights (with proper precaution of course?).
Technically, no. But you'd have to be a bit of a tit not to see or hear a fire engine with everything, er, blazing on its way somewhere. And rememeber green only means "proceed with caution if the way is clear".

Italian proverb:

In Milan, traffic lights are an obligation.
In Rome, they are a recommendation.
In Naples, they are a suggestion.
In Palermo, they are decoration.
Old 13 Jun 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1935839)   #90
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Italian proverb:

In Milan, traffic lights are an obligation.
In Rome, they are a recommendation.
In Naples, they are a suggestion.
In Palermo, they are decoration.
Last time I was in Milan it was safer to cross the road when the little man was glowing red!

I get annoyed by Taxi drivers - they just do too many things that I can list here
Old 13 Jun 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1935907)   #91
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that there should be a sort of driving test for pedestrians. Some notes:

1. If you are going outside a shop door, DON'T STOP THERE. Move slightly to the side so other people can get in or out. This goes trebly for escalator passage.

2. Why do you need to walk four abreast very, very, very slowly?

3. If you're fat, don't go down narrow alleys.

4. It's not my fault if your six foot wide bag happens to bang into a stationary me as you swing around.

5. If you are retired or on holiday, why do you HAVE to do regular shopping during my lunch-hour? You've got the rest of the blessed day to do it in...
Old 13 Jun 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1935937)   #92
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Are you allowed to run red lights (with proper precaution of course?).
Not sure exactly which "you" is being referred to, but to answer from both angles:
Emergency vehicles responding on blue lights are allowed to treat red lights as a "give way".
However, you should not move forward beyond a red light (or break any other motoring law)to 'get out of the way' of an emergency vehicle. I remember a case where someone did just that, got caught by an automatic camera, and the fact he was getting out of the way of a fire engine was not a defence when it went to court.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 03:02 (Ref:1936520)   #93
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that there should be a sort of driving test for pedestrians. Some notes:

1. If you are going outside a shop door, DON'T STOP THERE. Move slightly to the side so other people can get in or out. This goes trebly for escalator passage.

2. Why do you need to walk four abreast very, very, very slowly?

3. If you're fat, don't go down narrow alleys.

4. If you are retired or on holiday, why do you HAVE to do regular shopping during my lunch-hour? You've got the rest of the blessed day to do it in...
That's gold!!!!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 06:47 (Ref:1936600)   #94
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Not sure exactly which "you" is being referred to, but to answer from both angles:
Emergency vehicles responding on blue lights are allowed to treat red lights as a "give way".
Sorry for the confusion! That is exactly what I was referring to. Interesting that red lights can be treated as give way, but double lines cannot be treated as broken (ie overtaking allowed)!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 16:43 (Ref:1938671)   #95
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple as a passenger here.
1. My mate Jamie. He's 17 and road rages against EVERYTHING! No need, just no need. He needs to keep his anger in check.
2. People, when giving directions who tell you to turn when you're AT the turning! (Not me, but mates!)
3. When there's a solid roundabout, people seem OK, but why, when it's just painted on the floor, do people suddenly go all confused?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1938895)   #96
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki
A couple as a passenger here.
1. My mate Jamie. He's 17 and road rages against EVERYTHING! No need, just no need. He needs to keep his anger in check.
He's 17. He's trying to prove his manliness by shouting at everything in a put-on deeper than usual voice.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1938925)   #97
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it harks Knowlesy back to his youth
Old 17 Jun 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1940048)   #98
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
He's 17. He's trying to prove his manliness by shouting at everything in a put-on deeper than usual voice.
Actually, his voice goes higher, if anything
Old 17 Jun 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1940134)   #99
ensign14
Veteran

Deception Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki
2. People, when giving directions who tell you to turn when you're AT the turning! (Not me, but mates!)
Well, I guessed that.

cos women giving directions tell you to turn when you're past the turning. And then say left instead of right
Old 17 Jun 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1940167)   #100
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
I'm gonna resist the temptation to virtually slap you, and add another to my list.

Men who criticise women when they can be just as bad!