Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 17 Aug 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1685566)   #101
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by georges1
graham rahal is confirmed for lebanon (Funny how american is driving for lebanon
Graham Rahal has Lebanese descent so despite being born in America and having American parents he qualifies to drive for Lebanon; a similar scenario will probably be used to recruit a Nigerian driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Maxi Jazz (who knows!)
I believe that Maxi Jazz has Caribbean ancestory.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 02:59 (Ref:1685639)   #102
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Probably better than the Chinese driver!!
Hey! Ma Qinghua was pretty bad however Tengyi Jiang did get 5th in Dubai...

At risk of repeating myself from before they could get much better drivers if they looked into the eligability rules as well though, Ho Pin Tung would be much better.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1686106)   #103
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmed
Charouz Racing will prepare cars of both Brazil and Czech republic
http://czech.a1gp.com/eng/currentNew...ay.php?id=1765
And I don't think that senna will drive for a1 team brazil.
No disrespect, but that's a strange choice of team. What's their background?

Piquet will be driving for Brazil and the team is going to give Bruno Senna a test after he met up with Emerson Fittipaldi at Silverstone last weekend.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1686111)   #104
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
No disrespect, but that's a strange choice of team. What's their background?
I'd agree that Charouz is a slightly odd choice. In the past they have raced in the 2003 FIA Formula 3000 with Jaroslav Janies and Yannick Shroeder. Also they have raced in the Italian F3000 championship and the International F300 Masters.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1687166)   #105
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks, kipper. I'm wondering if Tuka Rocha is the common denominator here. He was officially the second driver for Team Brazil last year, but had an Alex Lloyd-like season. Even when Piquet Jr went off to prepare for his GP2 season, they ignored him and put Christian Fittipaldi in the car.

By coincidence, he won the second Euro 3000 race at Silverstone last weekend, but as there were absolutely no details in the glossy GPM programme, I can't say if Charouz had anything to do with running the car.

A slight concern is that I felt Tomáš Enge never got the results last year in A1GP that he should have done. Did Charouz prepare the car then, I wonder?
Old 20 Aug 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1687272)   #106
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
I'm wondering if Tuka Rocha is the common denominator here...... By coincidence, he won the second Euro 3000 race at Silverstone last weekend, but as there were absolutely no details in the glossy GPM programme, I can't say if Charouz had anything to do with running the car.
Tuka Rocha is entered by Minardi, which is a bit of pity for I like the theory.

Quote:
A slight concern is that I felt Tomáš Enge never got the results last year in A1GP that he should have done. Did Charouz prepare the car then, I wonder?
Charouz did prepare the Czech car, for the team owner (Antonin Charouz) is the franchise holder.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1687347)   #107
madmed
Rookie

madmed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will be Chris Van der Drift, actual leader of the Eurocup of F.Renault and Wade Cunningham, protagonist of the Indy Advantage Series, to drive the Lola of the team New Zelanda managed by the Super Nova in the collective tests of end month to Silverstone.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1687349)   #108
madmed
Rookie

Michele Rugolo, Manuele Chat and Paolo Bossini will drive for Italy in silverstone.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1687353)   #109
madmed
Rookie

France : Dams
South Africa : Dams
India : Arena Motorsport
N.Z : Super Nova
USA: WSR
Old 20 Aug 2006, 22:41 (Ref:1687780)   #110
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Michele Rugolo, Manuele Chat and Paolo Bossini will drive for Italy in silverstone.
I think that must have been through a translator - it's Manuele Gatto (he and Rugolo have been racing for Ghinzani in Italian F3). Better Italians out there...
Old 21 Aug 2006, 00:06 (Ref:1687800)   #111
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're not exactly the pick of the bunch are they........

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 21 Aug 2006, 02:57 (Ref:1687835)   #112
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They will be Chris Van der Drift, actual leader of the Eurocup of F.Renault and Wade Cunningham, protagonist of the Indy Advantage Series, to drive the Lola of the team New Zelanda managed by the Super Nova in the collective tests of end month to Silverstone.
I am sure I read that Colin Giltrap listed Matt Halliday and Johnny Reid as drivers again. Maybe one of these two will be driving on Fridays? Good to see two more kiwis having a go in the car, NZ has an embarrasement of talent really don't we? Let's hope Australia can do better than Christian Jones this time...
Old 21 Aug 2006, 06:52 (Ref:1687910)   #113
madmed
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder
I think that must have been through a translator - it's Manuele Gatto (he and Rugolo have been racing for Ghinzani in Italian F3). Better Italians out there...
Yes I translate it from italiaracing.net
Anything about turkey ?
Old 21 Aug 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1687988)   #114
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Anything about turkey ?
I'd assume that either Can Artam or Jason Tahinci would drive any A1GP Turkey car, but that is just me speculating.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1688334)   #115
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I'd understood that West Surrey Racing were going to run Team NZ again, as well as Team USA, taking over from David Price Racing.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1688483)   #116
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
Well you should hurry up and find out who the franchise holder is and then give him a call!
I bet he's Prince Malik Ado Ibrahim again
Old 22 Aug 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1688563)   #117
madmed
Rookie

Quote:
I'd understood that West Surrey Racing were going to run Team NZ again, as well as Team USA, taking over from David Price Racing.
No super nova will run NZ next year.
http://www.italiaracing.net/news.asp?id=6071&cat=A1GP&nome=A1|GRAND|PRIX&cart=a1gp
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1688598)   #118
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've emailed the A1 organisers to find out - though don't expext an answer!, fact of the matter is the first race is a few weeks away, the first test is in 9 days. Would be very funny to be the spare driver in an A1 team, though to be honest this highlights something of an issue with A1 - if a nation with the money for a team turns up - they can't produce a decent driver, surely that is to the detriment of the championship?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1688602)   #119
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://voltrona1gp.wordpress.com/

blimey got to talk to these guys
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:29 (Ref:1688609)   #120
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I've emailed the A1 organisers to find out - though don't expext an answer!, fact of the matter is the first race is a few weeks away, the first test is in 9 days. Would be very funny to be the spare driver in an A1 team, though to be honest this highlights something of an issue with A1 - if a nation with the money for a team turns up - they can't produce a decent driver, surely that is to the detriment of the championship?
Hmmm.......maybe, but maybe it depends from who's perspective you're looking from. If you're a franchise holder for a top team you'd be wanting to beat the very best you can find.

If you happen to be a fan in Nigeria, Lebanon, China etc. then maybe you'll relish the opportunity to be on a world stage against the very best, even whilst acknowledging your top driver might not be very good (yet).

If you're a TV exec do the backmarkers add to the colour of the event or detract from the quality.

I say bring on more teams like this. Showcase the drivers - both good and bad - and hopefully someone better will come along (or they'll find someone from a famous racing family with a spurious connection to the country in question )
Old 22 Aug 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1688613)   #121
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Time will tell. From Vee to A1 without even trying - that might upset the establishment! However I think it would be quite unlikely!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1689156)   #122
georges1
Rookie

georges1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Astromega- China And Pakistan
Carlin- Lebanon
Wsr- Usa
Dams-france And South Africa

Tuka Rocha Is Driving For Brazil And Mario Dominguez For Mexico I Have This From Very Close People
Old 22 Aug 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1689167)   #123
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what... putting aside that some interested countries does not have one driver at all, should be interesting if the two nominated drivers of each country would be obligated to race - one each race during the weekend.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 23:33 (Ref:1689208)   #124
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I think that would be good - make it more of a national team thing
Old 23 Aug 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1689428)   #125
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by georges1

Tuka Rocha Is Driving For Brazil And Mario Dominguez For Mexico I Have This From Very Close People
Emerson Fittipaldi has publicly stated that Nelson Piquet Jnr will start the season for Brazil, I guess Tuka Rocha might be the backup again? Or are you just referring to next weeks test?

Would be a shame if Salvador Duran was not in the Mexico car considering how well he did last season. Anyone know why he has not been so good in British F3 this year (I have not seen any of the races, only read the results)?