Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2724588)   #326
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
As far as I can tell this project has the go ahead and they have the land already to build on...I thought I read on Joe Sawards blog which I can not seem to find? that Tevo Helmund and a lady from our state government would be attending Silverstone this weekend.

It seems to me that if a State Controller from Texas is going all the way to England it's not because she is a racing fan..
That certainly is a new development and what you say about the State Controller makes sense.

Did you hear or read about Bernie possibly still looking at NJ to hold the race?
Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2724592)   #327
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes I did hear about that, now is that Bernie waffle? who knows, I sure don't to be honest..
Old 10 Jul 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2724595)   #328
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes I did hear about that, now is that Bernie waffle? who knows, I sure don't to be honest..
Maybe your right but it seems strange he would bring it up again, having already been rebuffed once.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2727369)   #329
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The latest news....I think it is on, and if it is then lQQk out....Darn it!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85287
Old 16 Jul 2010, 03:22 (Ref:2727387)   #330
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll probalbly be a combo of classic corners but ruined by chicanes to slow the entry and massive runoff if the driver gets it wrong.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2727432)   #331
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

:O They stole my idea!!!

Selby
Old 16 Jul 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2727442)   #332
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic corners after classic corner .... Magny-Cours anyone? Not that I dont like Magny-Cours, it had a very interesting layout in my opinion, and awesome elevation changes as well. Just a great drive altogether
Old 16 Jul 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2727492)   #333
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Is that what Magny Cours based on...?!

Selby
Old 16 Jul 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2727497)   #334
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

while all if that sounds very promising, it is still all talk, IMO.

they are at least saying what I want to hear.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2727732)   #335
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I'm glad to hear it's not a bit wishy washy.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2727762)   #336
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Is that what Magny Cours based on...?!

Selby
Estoril is a copy of the final curve at Estoril. Adelaide is a copy of the hairpin of Adelaide. Nurburgring must be somewhere at the Nürburgring, maybe the former first sequence. Imola must be somewhere at Imola but I can't find it.
Old 16 Jul 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2727803)   #337
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeah, I knew about Estoril and Adelaide but didn't realise there were more corners based on famous ones. I can't quite figure Imola or Nurburgring, either..

Selby
Old 17 Jul 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2727967)   #338
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The more details Tavo Hellmund gives, the less I believe him.

It reminds me of Peter Windsor before the USF1 debacle. I realize it's two different things but it sounds like puffing to me.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 12:18 (Ref:2727970)   #339
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I feel a Donington coming on, minus the ruined classic track.
Old 17 Jul 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2728227)   #340
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
I still think that this will happen...
Old 18 Jul 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2728383)   #341
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
The more details Tavo Hellmund gives, the less I believe him.
"I've got a piece of property, but I'm not telling you where it is."

"I've secured financing, but I won't tell you the source."

"Tilke has designed me the best track in the world."

Old 18 Jul 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2728390)   #342
browney
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
browney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After having GPs in the US seemed not important enough to keep Indy, why does Bernie now want two? Obviously there should be at least on US GP, it was a mistake not to have a GP in the biggest market for cars. If they had done this a year or so ago, maybe we would have kept one of Honda, Toyota and/or BMW.

Which GPs are going then? I can't see more than 20 races.

I assume Turkey (good track, no spectators) and Australia (lots of spectators, too early in the morning for Bernie).

Last edited by browney; 18 Jul 2010 at 10:09.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2728959)   #343
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Yeh, Turkey seems like it will go, unfortunately.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Valencia disappear, too.

Selby
Old 19 Jul 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2729103)   #344
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think the first two to go will be Turkey and China. They both want out of their money-losing contracts, ASAP.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2729108)   #345
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I think the first two to go will be Turkey and China. They both want out of their money-losing contracts, ASAP.
And who will follow them?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2729206)   #346
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
That one is harder to say. It could be Valencia, but if Malaysia's contract runs out first, and they don't get the refurbishments Bernie wants done, then Sepang would probably be the third one to go.

As for replacements, Moscow Raceway, Dubai Autodrome, and Losail, Qatar.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2729222)   #347
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
That one is harder to say. It could be Valencia, but if Malaysia's contract runs out first, and they don't get the refurbishments Bernie wants done, then Sepang would probably be the third one to go.

As for replacements, Moscow Raceway, Dubai Autodrome, and Losail, Qatar.
More Gulf-State GPs.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2729243)   #348
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder IF or just how many of the newest venues make ANY money on F1.

Will a time come when the Extortionist's tactics backfire on him and the prospect of spending millions if not a billion on facilities, all for the honour of holding a Grand Prix for a few years before being extorted into paying more will fall on deaf ears...

...even in the far away places with strange sounding names?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the stands in many new venues are empty whilst Silverstone was mobbed because of interest or a lack thereof.

Are there that many dumb people still left on the planet?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2729249)   #349
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
The late, great, George Carlin:

"Think about how dumb the average person is... Now realize that half the people are dumber than that."
Old 19 Jul 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2729262)   #350
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
I wonder IF or just how many of the newest venues make ANY money on F1.

Will a time come when the Extortionist's tactics backfire on him and the prospect of spending millions if not a billion on facilities, all for the honour of holding a Grand Prix for a few years before being extorted into paying more will fall on deaf ears...

...even in the far away places with strange sounding names?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the stands in many new venues are empty whilst Silverstone was mobbed because of interest or a lack thereof.

Are there that many dumb people still left on the planet?
P.T. Barnham said, 'There's a sucker born every minute.'

As for how long it take for the Extortionist's tactics backfire on him? Probably not for a while or as long as countries feel it's something prestigeous and it's worth joining the GP Holder's Club, rather than hosting a GP for the betterment of the sport.