Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 2009, 21:51 (Ref:2555486)   #151
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having had the time since their F1 pull-out, the time would be right for them to move into TC.
The WTCC seems to have too many political changes to make it worthwhile entering, leaving BTCC as possibly the next best option. TD have a proven track record with Honda machinery, and the Civic has taken a number of race wins since introduction.
I would assume Honda management would take all this into consideration and strive to enternow, gaining a foothold in the championship, and with funding could develop a NGTC model during 2010 ready for an all-out 2011 assault.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 21:56 (Ref:2555488)   #152
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Plato's saying on crash.net that he would like to be in a Cruze next year, possibly with manufacturer backing. Also that he has first option on a Volvo drive should they enter.
Old 6 Oct 2009, 23:06 (Ref:2555516)   #153
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the change of the Brands Hatch GP BTCC date for 2010 he could also enter the WTCC round as a wild card. In fact any of the BTCC drivers/teams can now do so.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2555689)   #154
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Official 2010 calendar released:

http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1730

Round, Date, Circuit, County

1, Sun 4 April, Thruxton, Hampshire

2, Sun 25 April, Rockingham, Northamptonshire

3, Sun 2 May, Brands Hatch (Grand Prix), Kent

4, Sun 6 June, Oulton Park (Island), Cheshire

5, Sun 20 June, Croft, North Yorkshire

6, Sun 8 August, Snetterton, Norfolk

7, Sun 22 August, Silverstone (National), Northamptonshire

8, Sun 5 September, Knockhill, Fife

9, Sun 19 September, Donington Park, Leicestershire

10, Sun 10 October, Brands Hatch (Indy), Kent
Old 7 Oct 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2555827)   #155
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The calendar looks like a good order to run things next year.
I can't see any significant period where the cars are on fast tracks, twisty tracks or technical tracks. Should prevent one marque from running away with it all?
Old 7 Oct 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2555901)   #156
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fife in September will be a true test of the touring car fans, it is cold at knockhill on a sunny July day.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 15:55 (Ref:2555968)   #157
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you don't like the weather at Knockhill, give it five minutes.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 15:59 (Ref:2555975)   #158
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Plato's saying on crash.net that he would like to be in a Cruze next year, possibly with manufacturer backing. Also that he has first option on a Volvo drive should they enter.
Interesting again. I'd be VERY suprised if Chevrolet weren't keeping an interested eye on proceedings in the BTCC.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2555976)   #159
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im glad it will be back on the Brands GP circuit. Last weekend was proof (if needed ) of how good the current racing can be on the GP circuit!
Old 7 Oct 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2556004)   #160
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
If you don't like the weather at Knockhill, give it five minutes.
...and it will take a turn for the worse
Old 7 Oct 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2556073)   #161
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from today's MN that Plato is taking to Volvo.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2556078)   #162
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Any rumors about which team will run the Volvo's?
Old 7 Oct 2009, 18:40 (Ref:2556091)   #163
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is that story based on the comments as seen on the crash.net article or is there more info to it in MN?
Old 7 Oct 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2556128)   #164
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Any rumors about which team will run the Volvo's?
888 was rumoured a while ago bearing in mind Vauxhall are pulling out. Then again it would involve customer cars from Polestar, perhaps Motorbase or Arena might be more interested ... or even someone else (not even in the BTCC - the likes of CR Scuderia?)!
Old 7 Oct 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2556131)   #165
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Volvo will be there, Plato armed with the Cruze and RML would be a potent mix and more likely.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2556134)   #166
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I dont think Volvo will be there, Plato armed with the Cruze and RML would be a potent mix and more likely.

I'm afraid im inclined to agree, although i would like to see volvo in in the BTCC next year no matter who is running them
Old 7 Oct 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2556167)   #167
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
I think there is a fair chance we'll see Volvo there. But I'm sceptical as to whether it'd be the C30.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2556187)   #168
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
I think there is a fair chance we'll see Volvo there. But I'm sceptical as to whether it'd be the C30.
The 850 estate from the 1990's maybe
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2556192)   #169
Dave 455
Racer

Dave 455 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington in Sep 2010, may now be off, as all focus then will be on Donington getting the 2011 British Grand Prix, the track is likely to be a building site! All hope on British GP 2010 is off, only £40 Million was raised!
Old 7 Oct 2009, 21:09 (Ref:2556194)   #170
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
Donington in Sep 2010, may now be off, as all focus then will be on Donington getting the 2011 British Grand Prix, the track is likely to be a building site! All hope on British GP 2010 is off, only £40 Million was raised!
Who would take their place? Hopefully they would go to somewhere different like Pembrey, Anglesey or Kirkistown (doubt the facilities are up to scratch there though) - or at a push Mondello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
The C30s already been developed by Polestar in Sweden - they could simply buy in two cars.
Old 7 Oct 2009, 22:25 (Ref:2556242)   #171
Ubique
Racer

Falkland Islands
Watching penguins in the South Atlantic
Ubique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Whats your source and is there a link?? Or is this a case of someone just spouting more anti Donington rubbish?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 07:01 (Ref:2556411)   #172
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Quote:
Correction, it already looks like a building site! We weren't impressed with how they had ruined the facilities there this year for something that will probably not happen, so we might stay away from Donington next year even though it is my local track.

It's a brilliant track, but they've completely ruined it. The British Grand Prix WILL be at Silverstone in 2010 and beyond.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2556454)   #173
the real deal1985
Rookie

United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
the real deal1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the finale last weekend at Brands Hatch. The main rumour that I herd going around the paddock was that Matt Neal would be re-joining Team Dynamics alongside Johnny Herbert (the fact they were both in the TD garage before race 1 helped fuel the rumour).

It seems that everyone is overlooking Mat Jackson. He finished runner up last season in a one car team behind the might of Vauxhall's Gio. He started a race meeting late and had to pull out of one round due to food poisoning and still managed to finishe 5th (granted the last round didnt go to well). I think that he will be with the Silverline (RML) team next season, possibly with the Lacetti again, that's the impression I got from their PR lady.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2556503)   #174
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the real deal1985 View Post
I was at the finale last weekend at Brands Hatch. The main rumour that I herd going around the paddock was that Matt Neal would be re-joining Team Dynamics alongside Johnny Herbert (the fact they were both in the TD garage before race 1 helped fuel the rumour).
Matt Neal hanging around his dad's teams pit is hardly good evidence

It's fairly obvious that if there are no other paid drives going, Matt will be going back to Team Dynamics - it's whether the sponsors have turned up to cover Herbert's costs are the main question.
Old 8 Oct 2009, 10:14 (Ref:2556513)   #175
the real deal1985
Rookie

United Kingdom
Welwyn Garden City
the real deal1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Question is whether TD are going to try the same thing as Ford did back in the 90's when they brought Nigel Mansell to the team for a couple of rounds. I was at the Brands Hatch race (my first) and he binned it into the tyre wall after Druids down to Graham Hill.

If Honda come back as a works outfit I think they will try to bring James Thompson with them. Although he is with Lada atm, he has been doing well in the DTC finishing 3rd in a Honda despite not racing for the last 2 rounds.

Also, what will happen if Seat or BMW pull out of the WTCC? Will we see Andy Priaux or Yvan Muller back in the BTCC?
Closed Thread