Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:35 (Ref:2574231)   #1
QuickNick
Rookie

QuickNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan GT-R

I have recently bought a brand new GT-R, which I absolutely love to death however I dont drive it much and I have been told by Nissan that I cannot rev above 3,500 or give more than 50% throttle until it is run-in!

That would be ok for a few miles but they say that running in time is 1,200 miles! That will take me 4 months at the rate I cover distance!

Anyone else shed some light on this? Can they really tell if I have exceeded these levels, and will they really void my warranty if I do?

QN
Old 2 Nov 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2574242)   #2
Teggers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Devonshire
Teggers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let me drive it for a couple of weeks - I'll put that mileage on in no time! (I actually suggested this to a friend who had a new forged 600-700bhp engine fitted to his 200sx - he said ok, put me on his insurance and I did the miles for him - it was so hard NOT to floor it but I behaved as it was not my car!!)

With the GTR I would be suprised if there isn't some form of data-logging computer that will be able to tell if you've driven it hard. I wouldn't think they'd void the warranty but it may cause damage to the engine that might not show up till a later date.

TBH dude, if it were me, I'd deliberately go out of an evening every evening for a few weeks for a drive to get the miles done. Having not been out in one yet but hearing stories from people who have (although my local Nissan dealer has offered me a test drive in a run-in one ) would make me even more determined to get the miles done any way I could so I could go out and enjoy the car as it was meant to be driven.

Stay cool for those 1200 miles and enjoy it when you can plant it
Old 2 Nov 2009, 17:22 (Ref:2574267)   #3
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By the sounds of things, Nissan will try every trick in the book to get out of paying out on warranty issues. Try to stick to 1/2 throttle , i know its damn hard but it'll be worth it im the long run. Anyway whilst its still got its factory finish, use it for impressing the ladies, posing and cruising
Old 3 Nov 2009, 17:27 (Ref:2575030)   #4
QuickNick
Rookie

QuickNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
possibly the most difficult, challenging, frustrating, nerve-ending task I have ever tried to do; who knew??!!!

Its killing me give me a run-in GT-R somebody please!!!
Old 4 Nov 2009, 04:19 (Ref:2575344)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats! With the computers in that thing, I bet they can tell if you've farted in it. I'd take it easy.

When I bought my car I made it to about 500 miles before I was WOT all the way to... well fast. So good luck!