Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2592731)   #351
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal_tdb View Post
It would appear that you don't know anything of what you are posting about.
SAS appear quite prominantly in both the pictures you posted!
As for mass branding for a paint trade show, what has that got to do with any other sponsor?

Obviously you will never be a title sponsor, as you don't undertand how sponsorsip deals work.
To quote the FAQ: "Attack the post, not the poster!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
NGTC-engined Vectra for Andy Jordan in 2010:
http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1773
Interesting. So we can expect more teams with the engine.
Still no confirmation who's the engine developer of this spec engine.

No longer John Guest sponsoring?

Compare this with this.

Last edited by FIRE; 2 Dec 2009 at 10:01.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2592827)   #352
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Just a thought, Andrew Jordan has tested with Motorbase in the last few weeks, has said he'd like to drive RWD and also brings sponsorship from John Guest and Pirtek. Maybe thats where the budget will come from?
Great idea.... but alas now it's seems way off the mark... http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1773
Old 2 Dec 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2592865)   #353
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
So we can expect more teams with the engine.
Still no confirmation who's the engine developer of this spec engine.
MN revealed in todays paper that its Swindon Racing Engines that have the deal.

also some other news in there to chew on...

Both Tim Bridgeman and Ben Collins have joined the conveyor belt of drivers testing Motorbases BMWs.

Team dynamics are pushing Honda for a bit more support and aim to run Neal and Herbert. (suprise)

Thorney motorsport are preparing to enter later in the year with the Insignia are a bit of on track development in Britcar and test miles. i hope Mr Thorney be so kind as to post some confirmation and some more news.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 14:50 (Ref:2592873)   #354
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also a little bit on Plato plans saying hes been chatting with RML about the Cruzes and had spoken earlier with Volvo.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 15:32 (Ref:2592892)   #355
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Stig is testing a BTCC BMW? Or does it mean he'll die suddenly soon and go back to normal racing next year?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2592895)   #356
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any bets on the performance of the NGTC engine next year? Or which teams will go for it? I wonder if the Thorney Insignia will be S2000 or NGTC.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 16:40 (Ref:2592925)   #357
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our Insignia plans will be for NGTC spec but are still early stages as a lot is still relatively uncertain in the regs. Needless to say we are being quite deliberate about it so I doubt it will see the light of day until April and not expecting it to even enter a race until very late in the season (assuming we will be allowed and theres no guarantee of that). The plan is for a full assault for 2011 season and 2010 as a full season of testing in a variety of racing. It will run the NGTC engine from the outset.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2592926)   #358
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NGTC surely. It's a no-brainer.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2592960)   #359
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
Our Insignia plans will be for NGTC spec but are still early stages as a lot is still relatively uncertain in the regs. Needless to say we are being quite deliberate about it so I doubt it will see the light of day until April and not expecting it to even enter a race until very late in the season (assuming we will be allowed and theres no guarantee of that). The plan is for a full assault for 2011 season and 2010 as a full season of testing in a variety of racing. It will run the NGTC engine from the outset.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2592982)   #360
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has the final NGTC rulebook been published?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2593008)   #361
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Jordan livery is awesome! Can't wait to see that on track next season. Reminds me of Ambrose's Pirtek sponsored V8 Supercar a few years back.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2593030)   #362
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Any bets on the performance of the NGTC engine next year? Or which teams will go for it? I wonder if the Thorney Insignia will be S2000 or NGTC.

When the NGTC rules fully kick in aren't the engines meant to be more powerful than S2000 spec cars. So if there are any big performance gaps next year I imagine the engine will be unrestricted a tad.

I also wonder who the other teams are that are planning on using the engine.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2593032)   #363
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Has the final NGTC rulebook been published?
No, still some way off
Old 2 Dec 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2593060)   #364
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
No, still some way off
Even to the final size and spec of the engine!!!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2593095)   #365
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters View Post
ORLY? They've already got Swindon to build a 2000cc turbo, they're not going to go for a huge volte-face and go for V8s or anything ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
When the NGTC rules fully kick in aren't the engines meant to be more powerful than S2000 spec cars. So if there are any big performance gaps next year I imagine the engine will be unrestricted a tad.

I also wonder who the other teams are that are planning on using the engine.
I guess everyone will have to consider it if it will be cheaper, which it should be.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2593162)   #366
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess everyone will have to consider it if it will be cheaper, which it should be.
Being all independent teams, couldn't care less if they indeed use a BMW engine or not etc, wouldn't it be any easy choice? Cheaper and as or more powerful?
Old 3 Dec 2009, 16:55 (Ref:2593503)   #367
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im fine with touring car racing having spec engines, touring car racing isn't the Endurance racing that it used to be, If a manufacturer wants to develop an engine, then they should go to sportscars. If they want to sell their new car, then they go to touring cars.
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2593603)   #368
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
No, still some way off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters View Post
Old 3 Dec 2009, 23:50 (Ref:2593723)   #369
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spec of the engine is final, its the other bits that are uncertain and seeing as they wont apply until 2011 one might argue that there is little real incentive (yet) to finalise these at the moment.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 07:07 (Ref:2593825)   #370
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Really dissapointed Airwaves are leaving Motorbase, they were good for the championship as a whole being a big brand name, and I suspect the championship was very good for them too.
Maybe they got fed up with being associated with a driver that kept pushing people off track? Cheating to get ahead might not have been the image they where looking for.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2593848)   #371
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
Maybe they got fed up with being associated with a driver that kept pushing people off track? Cheating to get ahead might not have been the image they where looking for.
I thought you'd finished grinding that axe a long time ago.

You of course mean a driver that gets more than his share of TV airtime and drops the sponsor's tag line into every interview. I can see why no sponsor would want that!

Airwaves have pulled ALL motorsport sponsorship, nothing to do with any particular driver.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2593908)   #372
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
they sponsored motorbase not Matt Neal, that dig at collard was below the belt mate. get over yourself
Old 4 Dec 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2593973)   #373
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
they sponsored motorbase not Matt Neal, that dig at collard was below the belt mate. get over yourself
You knew it was about Collard, yet his name wasn't mentioned. Must mean that he's got a reputation then?

If the dig at Collard was below the belt, then surely the dig at Neal is also?

I think we all agree that BTCC driving standards leave a lot to be desired at times, from numerous competitors on the grid.

While this thread may not be the right time and place, surely all drivers are up for criticism or none at all.
Old 4 Dec 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2594080)   #374
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What off the driving standards? This is touring cars, not F1! I don't know about you, but I like to see cars make a bit of contact and rub paint. Of course, if drivers are deliberately pushing each other off, it's not really on, but what do you expect? As I say, this is touring cars for Christ's sake!
Old 4 Dec 2009, 21:25 (Ref:2594181)   #375
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With all that standart engines,transmissions,etc where is the difference with a club racing or monoseries or Legends? What about a status of the championship? Is there any sence in Derby if all the horses are cloned?
Closed Thread