Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 15 Oct 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2562056)   #201
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Has anybody ever heard from either the drivers or the team?
Their Minis are for sale.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2562122)   #202
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
Forster are good guys, they do a great job on the minis with a good friendly team (Depper is annoying as MC though ) and I'm sure they'd come out firing.
Who is MC ?

Not wishing to doubt this will happen but many teams have produced such a statment and even bought cars but still failed to make the grid, unknown drivers are always harder to attrack sponsership however I do wish them well.
Old 15 Oct 2009, 19:28 (Ref:2562202)   #203
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MC = master of ceremonies ??
Old 16 Oct 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2562588)   #204
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be good if they can get it together for 2010
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:06 (Ref:2562606)   #205
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
MC = master of ceremonies ??
They had a BBQ at Castle Combe and he got a bit hammered and couldnt get the mic off him.....there's only so many times you can here "who's in the house?" over an over again
Old 16 Oct 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2562607)   #206
Thorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post

Not wishing to doubt this will happen but many teams have produced such a statment and even bought cars but still failed to make the grid, unknown drivers are always harder to attrack sponsership however I do wish them well.
Thats why we've been quiet, plans are coming together but until I can 100% commit we'll keep our traps shut.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2562657)   #207
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Thorney im glad your about on here, i see you have for sale in Autosport both a CSL and the Corsa, new plans for next year taking shape then?
I do think your livery would look very nice on a S2000 BMW.

But to be really silly you dare share a major sponsor with a certain top level driver......could anything be found in that?

All the best for the future.
Simon
Old 16 Oct 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2562788)   #208
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another driver talking of BTCC plans is Phil Glew.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4121
Old 16 Oct 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2562792)   #209
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Another driver talking of BTCC plans is Phil Glew.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4121

Any guesses who he's been talking to?

I can imagine a few teams would welcome the sponsorship, including Team Dynamics, Bamboo, and clubSEAT.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 16:13 (Ref:2562798)   #210
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post
Well Thorney im glad your about on here, i see you have for sale in Autosport both a CSL and the Corsa, new plans for next year taking shape then?

But to be really silly you dare share a major sponsor with a certain top level driver......could anything be found in that?

Simon
There is absolutely no chance of that.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 17:32 (Ref:2562845)   #211
GroupOfOne
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

I can imagine a few teams would welcome the sponsorship, including Team Dynamics, Bamboo, and clubSEAT.
Third BMW at WSR or Motorbase possibly, as nothing to say that the extra machine at either team would have to run in RAC or Airwaves colours.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2563524)   #212
Icebaby
Veteran

Quote:

All teams welcome sponsership as none have announced a title sponser for 2010.
Old 18 Oct 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2563573)   #213
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Club SEAT is a sponsor.

The 'team' is the ever renamable outfit that is GR Motorsport, GR Asia,Team Air Cool and now Club SEAT - probably better off known as Paul Ridgway's lot.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2566376)   #214
GroupOfOne
Racer

Well Chilton appears to be confirmed in the Focus again, potentially with two teammates. One of whom could be Onslow-Cole, wonder who'd get the third Focus? Someone with a budget I'd guess.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4132

And ex-Clio racer Lea Wood confirms he intends to enter in a Honda Integra. Already has the car, so that looks promising for a start.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4132
Old 21 Oct 2009, 15:42 (Ref:2566405)   #215
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Touring Car Times has obviously spend the morning copying out Motorsport News again.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2566443)   #216
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Touring Car Times has obviously spend the morning copying out Motorsport News again.
And if that is the case, at least they're bringing the news out to people following via the web.

Has any other reader of Motorsport News been bothered to inform the forums of these stories?
Old 21 Oct 2009, 17:11 (Ref:2566481)   #217
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Quote:
And if that is the case, at least they're bringing the news out to people following via the web.

Has any other reader of Motorsport News been bothered to inform the forums of these stories?
Its unprofessional to effectively copy and paste from another publication however, especially as they do not acknowledge the source apart from referencing the quote.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2566569)   #218
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid the Wood-team won't be a frontrunner, would it? Any news about the Clio-champion? He was mentioned a few days ago aswell. He would surely be a better addition to the grid.
Well, we all know what is important to make it in touringcars when you are not exeptionally world-class talented.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 19:59 (Ref:2566574)   #219
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh good. Another knackered old Honda to fly off into the gravel on the first lap and cause a safety car. </cynic mode>
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2566596)   #220
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Oh good. Another knackered old Honda to fly off into the gravel on the first lap and cause a safety car. </cynic mode>
I sense a bit of deja-vu with that comment.

Wasn't this discussed before, or do you feel that O'Neill is the only person who can turn a 'kanckered old Honda' into a 'front-running supreme machine'.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2566607)   #221
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to be honest the more the merrier...

lea woods clio cup campian in 08 was hardly stellar, think it was just the 1 podium. although he was pretty rapid in the super silhouttes if i remember rightly and that was against some good peddlers like keith white etc. dont think he'll be a john george or martin bell. however i'll never begrudge those guys being there cos they are living the dream and i cheer every good result they have.

good luck to lea and his team as owy has proved time and time again that the integra has life in it yet.

Last edited by Spaced Invader; 21 Oct 2009 at 20:40. Reason: muff up
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:39 (Ref:2566611)   #222
Icebaby
Veteran

O'Neill is a pretty special driver so it would not make to much difference which car he was in, his ability is proven.

New teams with young and upcoming drivers are welcome in the BTCC, I would prefer this personally than "gentleman drivers".

Chilton confirmed in the focus is no suprise, he has links to the main sponser AON and the team is built for him, 2 other focus's on track is the usual upscaling that happens in the off season, 1 to 2 cars more realistic unless Ford are pitching in.
Old 21 Oct 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2566612)   #223
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I sense a bit of deja-vu with that comment.

Wasn't this discussed before, or do you feel that O'Neill is the only person who can turn a 'kanckered old Honda' into a 'front-running supreme machine'.
Yes, absolutely. If as Spaced Invader says, Lea Wood is a decent driver, then that's fine by me.

For once I agree with Icebaby too about the young drivers v gentleman drivers argument.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 06:18 (Ref:2566843)   #224
Thorney
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowen250 View Post

Simon
It would be hugely imprudent of me to comment on that.

I can say we have big plans for the CSL Cup next year along with a continued campaign in Sportmaxx with our two Astra VXR's but the BTCC plans are still awaiting the final sign off with partners.

However in the last three weeks we've had so many changes to plans (both good and not so good) that its hard to keep up really.
Old 22 Oct 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2566871)   #225
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Thorney!

I wish you the best of luck for next year, hopefully il get to see your great looking cars at more then just the G&B package

Simon
Closed Thread